Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,911,031 times

Advertisements

fish, that trumps my woman-clocks-man-at-traffic-signal story. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
fish, that trumps my woman-clocks-man-at-traffic-signal story. Thanks for sharing.

OK; so how did that woman clock that man at the traffic signal? Glad you enjoyed my story.

Many years ago (about forty five) I worked in NJ as a carpenter for a health spa chain. Two of the masseuses and I went over to Times Square for the evening. We were just walking down the sidewalk, I had an arm around each of them. Two men, holding each others hands, approached us from the opposite direction and one spit at us and missed. Without a blink of the eye; the one young woman hit the one with her purse and knocked him unconscious. I later found out that she always kept four or five rolls of quarters in her purse!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,868,443 times
That's funny fisheye, reminds of the time I saw this couple fighting. The woman had one of those key chains that was similar to a phone cord. She swung it at him in arc and the thing extended out a few feet. Didn't knock him out but he probably would have been better off because it looked like it cut half his dam ear near off. I kow he was bleeding heavily.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM

207 posts, read 283,589 times
When I was younger I was hanging out in my father's house in Jessup. All of a sudden I see lots of flashing lights and go to the door and see what's wrong. Turns out there is a man up in his bedroom who went crazy and was holding his family hostage and firing at cops (I think). I'm pretty sure he took some Jessup offficers hostage when they went into the house before SWAT arrived, but I forget the whole story. I don't think anyone was injured, it's been a while though since this happened and I naturally didn't leave the house since this happened a few houses away up the block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania