Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:35 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

Yes that happened and no we are not involved with any of our neighbors in the huge multi family that we were told was being "renovated" before we agreed to buy this house.

These people are NOT FROM NY BTW. They are from Philadelphia - the black and Hispanic men, and local - the white woman.

they destroy things and party constantly. We have had it. They get to look at a well kept home with a lush garden and a rocking chair porch. We get to look at a bunch of people using fowl language, barbequeing on their tiny front porch, and never working.

They come by to borrow money, eggs, butter, milk, cereal, ketchup, oil - car and cooking - soap. and our washing machine. We said yes occasionally in the beginning, not to the washing machine.

(not to the washing machine, we were never that dumb) But we were pretty dumb.
We though neighborly.

What do we know? We're from NY.

No we are not moving - from the Valley. But maybe. We are not ruling it out.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
I'm so sorry Sheena. What happened? There have been many, many crimes perpetrated by people in this area with Philadelphia addresses. They come here because of the ease with which they can conduct their illegal activities.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 PM

405 posts, read 1,279,446 times
The Wyoming Valley area has seen an exponential increase in crime in recent years.
Many of the perpetrators of these crimes have been shown to be undesirables from NYC and Philadelphia.
Why they come to the Scranton/WB area is anyones guess...but here they are.
What area do you live in?? (Kingston?, Edwardsville?, Plains? etc.) .
I would avoid any contact with these people.
If they knock on yer door don't answer.
Get a couple of watch dogs.
Maybe even consider buying a couple of shotguns or rifles.
These kind of people thrive on conflict and anger.
And NEPA is filling up with them.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:50 PM

I live in Wilkes-Barre. I think that the Police that I have met are all exceptionally nice - and understaffed.

We have several dogs two look quite scary. Part pit. I used to be involved with rescue - I feel sorry for these dogs who are abused by these creeps. I still do. However it happened so fast and the dogs were in the family room upstairs.

My gun feelings have changed. I am more open to them since moving here.

But if I had one, out of anger I may well have shot that dirt bag! Then where would I be today?

The cops for some reason can't go into the building today - they were not called by the hospital. We did not know his name until later, when our neighbors told us. The nice neighbors.

My husband was beaten senseless and he has four stitches in his nose. He almost had a heart attack. He suffered hypokalemia and a heart arrhythmia last night.

And that piece of crap is walking around without a shirt strutting life a rooster. He is on the lose. They are partying and laughing. They seem to be high 24/7. Why the police can't come NOW is beyond me!

We live in North End. Near King's.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1258 View Post
The Wyoming Valley area has seen an exponential increase in crime in recent years.
Many of the perpetrators of these crimes have been shown to be undesirables from NYC and Philadelphia.
Why they come to the Scranton/WB area is anyones guess...but here they are.
What area do you live in?? (Kingston?, Edwardsville?, Plains? etc.) .
I would avoid any contact with these people.
If they knock on yer door don't answer.
Get a couple of watch dogs.
Maybe even consider buying a couple of shotguns or rifles.
These kind of people thrive on conflict and anger.
And NEPA is filling up with them.
Yep. I have noticed a definite uptick in the amount of anger, yelling, conflicts, etc in the city over the past 5 years or so. I mean really angry people who will flip out at the least provocation.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I live in Wilkes-Barre. I think that the Police that I have met are all exceptionally nice - and understaffed.

We have several dogs two look quite scary. Part pit. I used to be involved with rescue - I feel sorry for these dogs who are abused by these creeps. I still do. However it happened so fast and the dogs were in the family room upstairs.

My gun feelings have changed. I am more open to them since moving here.

But if I had one, out of anger I may well have shot that dirt bag! Then where would I be today?

The cops for some reason can't go into the building today - they were not called by the hospital. We did not know his name until later, when our neighbors told us. The nice neighbors.

My husband was beaten senseless and he has four stitches in his nose. He almost had a heart attack. He suffered hypokalemia and a heart arrhythmia last night.

And that piece of crap is walking around without a shirt strutting life a rooster. He is on the lose. They are partying and laughing. They seem to be high 24/7. Why the police can't come NOW is beyond me!

We live in North End. Near King's.
Sheena, that is terrible. I cannot imagine how scared and angry you must be! Do they need a search warrant for the building, perhaps? Will your husband be ok?

Old 08-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Sheena, that is terrible. I cannot imagine how scared and angry you must be! Do they need a search warrant for the building, perhaps? Will your husband be ok?
Thanks Margritte. He will be OK now but last night was scary.

I am not ragging on the area NEPA - but I don't get it.

They can't knock on the front door? Or drive down the street? HE"S HERE and hers like a hero in that slumlord owned building!

The owner - a rich idiot - sent someone their to find out what what happened.

The owner lives on West Side and his kids go to Sem. He's an arrogant skumbagg.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Thanks Margritte. He will be OK now but last night was scary.

I am not ragging on the area NEPA - but I don't get it.

They can't knock on the front door? Or drive down the street? HE"S HERE and hers like a hero in that slumlord owned building!

The owner - a rich idiot - sent someone their to find out what what happened.

The owner lives on West Side and his kids go to Sem. He's an arrogant skumbagg.

What precipitated the attack?

Old 08-11-2012, 03:34 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
So sorry to hear this Sheena. I hope you two find another place in the valley where you won't have problems like this. It would be sad to hear you are moving completely out of the area.

It's a shame to have to admit, we keep our eyes out for places up the mountain away from the areas that have seen an increase in violence. Just yesterday we drove past Park St. and noticed how things are definitely changing from just 2006 when we moved here. We have focused on Laurel Run, Bear Creek, Mountaintop and Nuangola as potential places to move.

All my hopes for a speedy recovery for your husband.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM

452 posts, read 682,013 times
I wish your husband a speedy and total recovery. It's a pathetic statement about the deteriorating quality of life law abiding people are experiencing in this country when acts like this occur. I have been avoiding another thread on this board because if I got started I'd be banned for life, but the White Rights people are on to something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania