Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,361 times

Advertisements

If much of the state still hates minorities, and anyone who isn't white AND christian, then legalizing gay marriage is far long into the future for Pa.
Whatever your beliefs are about homosexuality, I don't see anything in the constitution preventing gay couples from marrying. I live my life very conservatively, but just like I don't want any other religious group forcing me to celebrate/believe their way, I won't do it to others, and the constitution secures that. Penntucky is a very accurate name for the place. The hate here is vile, and evil, and if they had the cojones would turn violent. Ooops, it has, and idiots got away with hate crimes(there IS such a thing, so slow down bigots). Sadly, this is the ONLY place where I have even encountered racist homosexuals. Coming from NJ, that surprised me. I guess not everyone who knows hate hurts cares to avoid causing that hurt to others. At least that seems to be the case in NEPA. So yeah, gay marriage is a topic I don't see the state addressing anytime soon.

I do want to add to the progressive areas of Pa, the Lehigh Valley. I visited yesterday, and was amazed at the mindset of the people there. I have some bumper stickers that the extreme right hate, because they are ANTI HATE, ANTI WAR & Pro- Education for ALL(caps used for emphasis, not shouting). Up here I get snickers when they see read my bumper stickers. Down there I was getting thumbs up, and head nods with smiles, even in Black Friday traffic, which was horrendous BTW. So, give credit to the Lehigh Valley for being progressive.
BTW, business & financial success does NOT equate progress. Just check out congress, and yes, I'll say it, Mitt Romney. Anything but progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 02:20 PM

Another sign this state is behind times, and far from being progressive, is their refusal to even hear the case for medical marijuana. They have no compassion for the sick. Opiates & other liver killing narcotics currently given to patients, make patients nauseous, are addictive, and cause other horrible side effects, but they are perfectly fine. That damn demon marijuana, however, must never be used for our sick. We can never allow people to use something natural, which not only helps pain, nausea induced from chemo/other illnesses, and other horrible symptoms, with virtually no negative side effects, but they can even grow it themselves for little cost. What would our overly medicating doctors(especially in NEPA) do if they lose their bonuses from big pharma?
Who cares if the demonization of marijuana, caused by money hungry, racist, corporate trash like Anslinger & Hearst has been long debunked by science & medicine.
Pa doesn't want to ruffle any extreme right & especially corporate feathers, and risk looking too look too liberal, even compassionate. Thus, Pa will stay behind the times, even when it concerns the physical well-being of our sick residents.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
i think you don't quite understand the can't as you really had NO obligations nor need to stay as you can travel at will---so glad that pittsburgh is the mecca you were seeking
Lol, reminds me of this from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

As soon as I am relieved of the obstacles that prevent me from leaving NEPA, I am OUT!!!

Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
If much of the state still hates minorities, and anyone who isn't white AND christian, then legalizing gay marriage is far long into the future for Pa.
Whatever your beliefs are about homosexuality, I don't see anything in the constitution preventing gay couples from marrying. I live my life very conservatively, but just like I don't want any other religious group forcing me to celebrate/believe their way, I won't do it to others, and the constitution secures that. Penntucky is a very accurate name for the place. The hate here is vile, and evil, and if they had the cojones would turn violent. Ooops, it has, and idiots got away with hate crimes(there IS such a thing, so slow down bigots). Sadly, this is the ONLY place where I have even encountered racist homosexuals. Coming from NJ, that surprised me. I guess not everyone who knows hate hurts cares to avoid causing that hurt to others. At least that seems to be the case in NEPA. So yeah, gay marriage is a topic I don't see the state addressing anytime soon.

I do want to add to the progressive areas of Pa, the Lehigh Valley. I visited yesterday, and was amazed at the mindset of the people there. I have some bumper stickers that the extreme right hate, because they are ANTI HATE, ANTI WAR & Pro- Education for ALL(caps used for emphasis, not shouting). Up here I get snickers when they see read my bumper stickers. Down there I was getting thumbs up, and head nods with smiles, even in Black Friday traffic, which was horrendous BTW. So, give credit to the Lehigh Valley for being progressive.
BTW, business & financial success does NOT equate progress. Just check out congress, and yes, I'll say it, Mitt Romney. Anything but progressive.
Yo, back up. My husband was career military. If there was no war he would have been out of a job. My bumper stickers are LBI, Subaru Mafia, something about automatic weapons and something with a swear word on it. I don't need a thumbs up. I don't seek approval from strangers.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 AM

12 posts, read 16,509 times
So what businesses are signing on for the Sterling Business Park? I will be looking for a job very soon!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Yo, back up. My husband was career military. If there was no war he would have been out of a job. My bumper stickers are LBI, Subaru Mafia, something about automatic weapons and something with a swear word on it. I don't need a thumbs up. I don't seek approval from strangers.
I'm sorry you feel wars are the only job options for your husband. Personally, I despise killing of innocent civilians, unjust wars based on LIES, and invasions of foreign lands. I also don't feel comfortable with anyone profiting from the murder of innocent civilians, most of them children, and the invasion & complete destruction of nations, who were NEVER a threat to us(IRAQ). I will continue to teach my children the same, and encourage them to seek an education, not a license to kill. I also happen to know wars make money for no one, except big corporations of course.

As for the bumper stickers, after reading my comment, all you were able to gather is that I seek the approval of strangers? Your inferences are wrong again, very wrong. The thumbs up from others didn't boost my ego, it simply let me know the people of that area are more civilized, open-minded, and far more progressive than in Luzerne County. They are also much more polite. I could care less what others think of my beliefs, and will NEVER change them to appease anyone, but I do want to live around decent human beings who don't hate education, aren't xenophobes, and who don't love killing people. Its just better for one's overall well being.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:21 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LIBERAL BLAH BLAH LIBERAL BLAH BLAH BLAH...

could we please get back to the OP, not really in the mood for long winded rants that are soooo far off topic and have zero to do with the OP and its pipe dreams for NEPA.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Wow, my post gets deleted as being off topic, but calling people's responses "liberal blah blah..." is on topic? He's simply wrong and stirring the pot as always. There is clear bias on these boards.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
ROFLMAO.... You think the forum is biased in my favor? Lololol

You need to be here a little while longer before you make comments like that...lolol

Thats just too funny...

Old 11-25-2012, 04:37 PM

452 posts, read 681,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LIBERAL BLAH BLAH LIBERAL BLAH BLAH BLAH...

could we please get back to the OP, not really in the mood for long winded rants that are soooo far off topic and have zero to do with the OP and its pipe dreams for NEPA.
You can build all the corporate centers and industrial parks that room will allow in NEPA but it will just be a waste of time. First, you need employers willing to hire and expand their business. Not likely thanks to the impending massive cost of Obama care on it's way. As a matter of fact, many companies are planning lay offs and cutting the remaining work force to under 30 hours to beat the requirements. I bet half of the companies in Humbolt will do this and just hire more temps. Second, according to the 2010 census, 14% of the people in Wilkes-Barre have a college degree. What kind of employer would even consider moving there unless it is a $9.00 hr. factory job. Third, just wait to see the fall out from the mess this free spending joke of a president hits. All the parasites from NY and NJ will find there way out there to make the hand outs go farther. Mark this post, in 5 years all of NEPA will look like Hazleton. And who can argue the wonderful benefits that city experienced in the last 5 years. I'm so glad I moved 800 miles south to a blood red republican state and work for an international company. Go ahead NEPA, build it, but no one will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania