Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Hmm? Last time I checked I did this very thing of migration she speaks of. Was I supposed to get a culture shock? Sorry that your scare tactics did not work. I have a high paying job, a nice house and I think the stores are just fine. I think Geisinger does a terrific job and my employers health benefits are good.

I can't comment on the schools as I have no children but I know of some of the good ones through friends.

I am writing from a perspective of personal experience having migrated here and liked the result. Not everyone is negative and unhappy all the time. There is way too much "Woe is me" on this board.
as a health care professional,geisinger does a horrendous job--recent need to use their er was proof enough for me--as far as negativity goes--have you not paid attention in local stores--never saw so many whiny,unhappy kids,same as the older folks in a church setting(my first experience in this)--most people at service are pleasant and prayerful----NOT HERE---

so easy to blame people from other ethnic groups and those from other areas,but the reality is the negativity starts from the locals--i was raised here and lived here briefly as a married adult---twas very positive for me then(but i had little to compare this area with)--now years later i returned as a retiree having lived and traveled elsewhere extensively and am appalled at what i see

as to the people here embracing change---are you serious--just look at local government and policies--the only change embraced here is continuance of raising taxes WITHOUT local improvements,

how anyone can find positivety in an area that charges people for gettting a bill from a tow company for towing their car after it has been stolen,giving a slap on the hand to those that embezzle money from charitable or service organizations(a monthly occurrence in nepa)

the realities stated on this board does annoy those who wish to never take off those blinders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 06:13 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
as a health care professional,geisinger does a horrendous job--recent need to use their er was proof enough for me--as far as negativity goes--have you not paid attention in local stores--never saw so many whiny,unhappy kids,same as the older folks in a church setting(my first experience in this)--most people at service are pleasant and prayerful----NOT HERE---

so easy to blame people from other ethnic groups and those from other areas,but the reality is the negativity starts from the locals--i was raised here and lived here briefly as a married adult---twas very positive for me then(but i had little to compare this area with)--now years later i returned as a retiree having lived and traveled elsewhere extensively and am appalled at what i see

as to the people here embracing change---are you serious--just look at local government and policies--the only change embraced here is continuance of raising taxes WITHOUT local improvements,

how anyone can find positivety in an area that charges people for gettting a bill from a tow company for towing their car after it has been stolen,giving a slap on the hand to those that embezzle money from charitable or service organizations(a monthly occurrence in nepa)

the realities stated on this board does annoy those who wish to never take off those blinders!
First off, your post is loaded with false accusations directed at me by quoting my post and then writing about things I never wrote.

My post is a response to colorfulchic83 who also quoted me with false accusations and I was simply correcting the falsehoods by making a statement.

I'm not here to make arguments like some others, I'm providing input based on my experience and viewpoint. My experience has been positive, I'm sorry if you don't like that.

I know this much, coming here and scaring away potential migrants who may help to improve the problems you see will not help.

Finally. if you all are so unhappy, what keeps you here?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
First off, your post is loaded with false accusations directed at me by quoting my post and then writing about things I never wrote.

My post is a response to colorfulchic83 who also quoted me with false accusations and I was simply correcting the falsehoods by making a statement.

I'm not here to make arguments like some others, I'm providing input based on my experience and viewpoint. My experience has been positive, I'm sorry if you don't like that.

I know this much, coming here and scaring away potential migrants who may help to improve the problems you see will not help.

Finally. if you all are so unhappy, what keeps you here?
first of all--no one is accusing you of anything--i am giving MY opinions on various points you and others have made such as geisinger

as to scaring away people---apparently only people of other ethnic backgrounds should be "scared away" according to some posters

where in my post did i say i do not like your being happy here?--i see such defensiveness in nepa persona here!

last of all--why do you need to know why i am still here--i have addressed that many posts ago!

why does it upset some posters if others input like my own does not agree with theirs??does it diminish them in some way??????

Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
Quote:
first of all--no one is accusing you of anything--i am giving MY opinions on various points you and others have made such as geisinger

as to scaring away people---apparently only people of other ethnic backgrounds should be "scared away" according to some posters

where in my post did i say i do not like your being happy here?--i see such defensiveness in nepa persona here!

last of all--why do you need to know why i am still here--i have addressed that many posts ago!

why does it upset some posters if others input like my own does not agree with theirs??does it diminish them in some way??????
There is nothing wrong with wanting to discuss the negatives but not giving balance with your point of view only shows one side of the story. I choose to discuss the positives that already exist to give balance to the so many negatives that so many of you post here.

Flaming in here will not resolve anything. I just don't think it is a fair perspective for outsiders to come into this blog and read so many one sided comments. It is the biased viewpoint that many share here which only serves to misinform the uninformed.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Quote:

I would rep you a million times if I could.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,501 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania