U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-17-2013, 07:37 PM

3,630 posts, read 2,859,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Just curious, why did you move back?
as i have said many many times----good job move for one kid,and repeated requests from grandkids nearby and i am wondering why you are curious?--lived in lackawanna county many years ago,born n raised there but twas not as bad over 40 yrs ago
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM

3,630 posts, read 2,859,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
One question for all you "Perceptive, in tune, in touch, aware individuals". If you folk's are all that smart and sensitive to all the bad "MoJo" in NEPA, how did you miss it when you came to see the area prior to moving here? A force as strong as you describe would have been very apparent to you the second you got out of the car. I'm the first to call NEPA a crap hole, but for reasons other than the paranormal, haunted causes you blame. Seems to me you can't accept reality and use the non-existence, faith based crapola safety net as to why the area sucks.

most of the posters here ARE stating REAL negative examples--reread posts----and are actively dealing with reality-----when one does not acknowledge the negativities here then one is NOT accepting reality

Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 PM

452 posts, read 315,633 times
"People who don't even know each other, have no connection whatsoever, have told me and others very similar stories about ghosts, demons, black magic and the like."

This is from the original post. The thread is titled "Haunting in Luzerne County" I'm in no way arguing NEPA is a crap hole. I'm just questioning the rational you people are attributing it to. I'm well aware why the place went down the crapper and I'm very pleased I left a year ago. Seems like you folks are just in denial as to why.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 AM

7,952 posts, read 8,432,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
as i have said many many times----good job move for one kid,and repeated requests from grandkids nearby and i am wondering why you are curious?--lived in lackawanna county many years ago,born n raised there but twas not as bad over 40 yrs ago
Sorry, didn't read those other posts. Why? I grew up in Wilkes-Barre. It was a pretty nice place to be a kid. It was a much nicer place then than it is now, or so it seemed to me. I wouldn't want to move back to that area.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM

911 posts, read 614,729 times
Quote:
I see these questions a lot. Some genuinely want to know. Then there are those on the forum who are just rude & snippy, with the "why are you here if its so bad" drivel. They ask the same question over & over, despite getting an answer, as if your reason for moving here is going to change,lol. I believe MOST people moved here due to family or job issues. At least all the ones I know did so for either or both of those reasons.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM

911 posts, read 614,729 times
Quote:
most of the posters here ARE stating REAL negative examples--reread posts----and are actively dealing with reality-----when one does not acknowledge the negativities here then one is NOT accepting reality
I don't see why people assume that because one believes in spirits/ghosts/demons etc... we are automatically blaming everything on it? The irony in it is that many of these same people will often deny REAL problems, such as global warming, and other environmental atrocities.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM

452 posts, read 315,633 times
OK...I understand. Let's analyze all the superficial, metaphysical and ecological characteristics of NEPA and find a link to justify those traits to the general sub-par living conditions that plague the area. . But by all means continue this thread. I enjoy reading how the "Educated Ones" fail to acknowledge the obvious.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-19-2013 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: removed the bigoted comments

Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM

23,392 posts, read 17,824,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
The irony in it is that many of these same people will often deny REAL problems, such as global warming, and other environmental atrocities.
Some of us have actually taken the time to research the topic instead of relying on the drivel fed to us by the media. Give me a wild guess on this becsue I know you don't know the answer. If we were to aggregate the most common air pollutants, as a percentage how much do you think that has increased since the 80's?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Status: " All Shall Be Well; And All Manner of Things Shall Be Well" (set 19 days ago)

6,848 posts, read 6,584,400 times
Why don't you ask a climatologist, coalman?

Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM

23,392 posts, read 17,824,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Why don't you ask a climatologist, coalman?
I'm trying to make a point here,I've researched the topic enough that I don't have to ask anyone that question because I know what the answer is. I'm not talking about greenhouses gases which would be related to climatology but bona fide pollutants that are unhealthy for human beings. Take a wild guess. 50%, 100%? You see this topic frequently about air pollution in the media and elsewhere, what do you think it might be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania