Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM

23 posts, read 64,161 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My family and I own a home in Pocono Farms,We have not lived there for approx 5 yrs. We have had the same tennant all along . No complaints there,but they are moving. I would like to ask current residents or frequent visitors how much is APCP affecting this community? Can you live there and not not be affected by the issues of APCP.When we lived there the kids were in private schools we shopped and played in different areas ,never used the pool etc. I am very aware of the problems with APCP but need info on how it is or is not affecting Pocono Farms as I have a close family member who has expressed interest in renting my home. Thank and Happy New year to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callie4 View Post
Hi All,

My family and I own a home in Pocono Farms,We have not lived there for approx 5 yrs. We have had the same tennant all along . No complaints there,but they are moving. I would like to ask current residents or frequent visitors how much is APCP affecting this community? Can you live there and not not be affected by the issues of APCP.When we lived there the kids were in private schools we shopped and played in different areas ,never used the pool etc. I am very aware of the problems with APCP but need info on how it is or is not affecting Pocono Farms as I have a close family member who has expressed interest in renting my home. Thank and Happy New year to all

I Lived on Chaundus Way for 7 yrs , Back then it was a nice little community .. It Now has a pretty bad element to it .. The basketball courts are hogged up and controlled by inner city Thug type. Lots of houses were foreclosed on and investers bought them and rent em .. If you look at the bus stops in the morning and in the afternoon you'll get the make up of the people ..

Rents are still good up there , $1250 a month for a 3 bedroom..

The schools are a horror ... And the neighborhood has seen its better days ,, I dont see it improving ,, Its kinda like PCP without the gates ..

Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM

734 posts, read 1,635,751 times
It's close enough that when you shop or even drive around the area, you will be among the PCP people. I still recall that Tobyhanna shopping center and the creeps parking in front of the stores with rap music blasting so loudly you could not carry on a conversation. It was very intimidating- as it was meant to be. Also, the big Lincoln SUV's with the occupants full of gold jewelry and designer clothes using the food stamp card. That entire area is horrible. PCP people still need to get food and gas and drive the roads. They don't stay inside those useless gates!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
It's close enough that when you shop or even drive around the area, you will be among the PCP people. I still recall that Tobyhanna shopping center and the creeps parking in front of the stores with rap music blasting so loudly you could not carry on a conversation. It was very intimidating- as it was meant to be. Also, the big Lincoln SUV's with the occupants full of gold jewelry and designer clothes using the food stamp card. That entire area is horrible. PCP people still need to get food and gas and drive the roads. They don't stay inside those useless gates!
That's why I'm glad I live in Saylorsburg away from the city ghetto folk I left behind...I rarely go up that way and when I do it's to Tannersville, Bartonsville, or E. Stroudsburg ONCE IN A WHILE and that's it!!!! Saylorsburg and south of the Poconos is so much better than living up there!!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
That's why I'm glad I live in Saylorsburg away from the city ghetto folk I left behind...I rarely go up that way and when I do it's to Tannersville, Bartonsville, or E. Stroudsburg ONCE IN A WHILE and that's it!!!! Saylorsburg and south of the Poconos is so much better than living up there!!
I moved to Pocono Lake before moving back to LI and it was a world of difference. I worked in Wilkes-Barre and I loved it there. Had a beautiful, scenic ride to and from work and the intelligence and class of people there compared to the Mt. Pocono and Tobyhanna area was amazing. I tried to stay away from that area all I could. The only thing I would do is shop at the Wal-Mart in Mt. Pocono on occassion. There was one in Wilkes-barre that was even nicer. I like Saylorsburg , too!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
I went to the Walmart in Mt. Pocono once. Scary place.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I went to the Walmart in Mt. Pocono once. Scary place.
Most Wal-Marts are scary. LOL But the Mt Pocono one is filled with loud, intimidating, obnoxious people originally from other states that live in PCP. I just said alot but you need to read between the lines.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM

452 posts, read 681,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
Most Wal-Marts are scary. LOL But the Mt Pocono one is filled with loud, intimidating, obnoxious people originally from other states that live in PCP. I just said alot but you need to read between the lines.
Now, Now, there are people here who think these people add a colorful addition to the culture in NEPA. (Read between the lines also....)

Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Actually the Walmart where I live now is only scary if Chinese made junk frightens you. Or their meat, which has to be the worst in the civilized world. Otherwise its not a bad place to shop and totally safe and unintimidating. But then, I am thousands of miles from NY, NJ, and PCP now!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Actually the Walmart where I live now is only scary if Chinese made junk frightens you. Or their meat, which has to be the worst in the civilized world. Otherwise its not a bad place to shop and totally safe and unintimidating. But then, I am thousands of miles from NY, NJ, and PCP now!
Wal Mart meat is the worst .. They use retired dairy cows to stock their meat shelves .. I never buy meat in there ,, I get mine at Weiss in Honesdale or Rays Sure Save in Waymart ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania