U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 09-08-2010, 12:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 8,672,657 times
Ummm, I would assume that kids go trick or treating (or "halloweening" as its sometimes called around here) on Halloween. That's when we always do it and the only time we get trick or treaters at our door.

Unread 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM

124 posts, read 160,011 times
lol I think that you're all making quite a big deal out of the trick or treating. I personally think it's a good idea to know between which hours the kids will be knocking at the door - and 6-8pm is perfect for the little kids (those that should be trick or treating anyway) to be out before it gets TOO dark!

Unread 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM

3,783 posts, read 2,397,072 times
Well, considering that all the dates and times that were posted in the original thread are three years old, you might all do well to call the borough building/town hall/city hall in the town in which you live and ask if there is specificity in Trick or Treat hours.

Three year old threads should not even be accessible. Oh, wait. I said that before didn't I?

Unread 09-09-2010, 05:16 AM

9,847 posts, read 14,578,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicjones111089 View Post
Does anybody know what day Allentown is having trick or treating???

You are posting in the wrong forum. Allentown is in the Lehigh Valley. In the Valley trick or treat may well be a different day then Halloween. In the town I live in (just south of Allentown) it's always the last Friday of October. I don't think you'll find that information posted this early anywhere. The Morning Call will have it in the paper and on-line later.

And yes, reviving a three year old thread kind of confuses everyone......

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Unread 09-11-2010, 06:14 PM

Just had to post this from today's local Lehigh Valley paper: North Whitehall Halloween: Halloween date sparks outcry in North Whitehall - mcall.com
Quote:
This year, Oct. 31 falls on a Sunday. North Whitehall, like many other local municipalities, traditionally schedules trick-or-treat festivities on the Friday before Oct. 31.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Unread 09-12-2010, 06:12 AM

3,783 posts, read 2,397,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Just had to post this from today's local Lehigh Valley paper: North Whitehall Halloween: Halloween date sparks outcry in North Whitehall - mcall.com
Now we have a current notice as to Hallowe'en in North Whitehall. But it may not be helpful to anyone who opens this thread, reads the date of the OP and realizing how old the thread is reads no more.

I suggest there should be a new thread to disseminate this updated information. (I also suggest it should be in the Lehigh Valley forum )

Unread 09-12-2010, 07:15 AM

14,161 posts, read 7,331,541 times
Does everything have to scheduled for kids today? Jeez...

Unread 09-12-2010, 07:25 AM

I think I'll just lock this so it sinks to the bottom. If anyone wants to know current info, they can start a new thread.

Realtors, See This.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania