Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM

59 posts, read 108,903 times

Advertisements

Dickson City Wegmans been shopping there for 10yrs, today went to order a pizza and it was made all wrong so talked to night manager, who happened to be on day duty. He was rude & argumentative,and we are very unhappy customers & totally turned off of Wegman's.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-24-2013 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: Removed name

Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times
Definitely complain to their corporate office. I've had experiences in area stores if awful customer service, and complete lack of professionalism. The managers rarely do anything. So I complain to the big guys. It gets things done. The info should be on their website.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:35 AM

452 posts, read 681,738 times
Orlando, help me out here...how is a pizza made all wrong? If you asked for peppers, onions and extra cheese and got pepperoni and pineapple, I don't see how a manager can refuse to correct the situation. Actually, the person behind the counter never should have given it to you in the first place. Aside from the fact NEPA pizza is basically terrible, if it came out round, a red sauce product on it, something that resembles mozzarella and a topping you requested, what went wrong???

Old 03-24-2013, 03:25 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Definitely fire off an email to corporate about it...trust me they'll do something about it...Wegmans is not going to allow one backwoods moron to tarnish their reputation...I did it once with Red Robbins and got 2 $60 certificates in the mail after I sent them an email with pictures of how dirty one of their restaurants was and the employee's just walking over the mess instead of cleaning it up...

Old 03-24-2013, 04:07 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Orlando, help me out here...how is a pizza made all wrong?
Heh... kind of pointless to ask such questions. We only ever get one side of the story in such threads. We'll never know if the OP is telling us the whole story.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
par for the course in this area--most establishments here hold poor and rude customer service as a virtuous accomplishment for the employees

Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 AM

267 posts, read 765,127 times
Write an email. Wegmans will get back to you. I wrote an email years ago about how I though Price Choppers bagels were better then theirs. I got a call the next day by the baker in Wilkes-barre, he went on to tell me how his bagels are more authentic that Price Choppers.
Also, I once had a cashier not take valid coupon(she thought is wasn't). I called and they gave me the value of the coupon and the price of the item in Wbucks, they are loaded on your card.
Good luck!

Old 03-24-2013, 07:16 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
The pizza wars continue...

I've had pizza from Wegman's and, though I really like their stores, I wouldn't expect world class pizza from them. I would however expect world class service, so the complaint is interesting. I also agree there are two sides to every story and more detail from the OP would help...as would the store's version.

Since the customer/OP feels mistreated they should escalate their complaint. It might only take a call or visit to the local general (day?) manager to resolve this. If not resolved, then regional/corporate management should be contacted with specifics.

Stew Leonard's stores a regional chain in NY/CT who resemble Wegman's have a prominent sign in their stores' that say "Our Policy: Rule #1 The Customer is always right. Rule #2: If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule #1." ...that is a pretty good policy for most businesses most of the time.

I still plan to shop at Wegman's, and generally avoid their pizza except when quickness and convenience are the priority...and if I do buy their pizza, I expect an edible but unspectacular pie as part of a great shopping experience...and service.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
"Our Policy: Rule #1 The Customer is always right. Rule #2: If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule #1." ...that is a pretty good policy for most businesses most of the time.
Maybe most of the time but there is some people you will never please and you're better off without them. I had one customer that I used to bend over backwards for and there was always something every year... I finally told her to call someone else and then she found out how good she had it. I got a call the next year practically begging me to bring her coal.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Maybe most of the time but there is some people you will never please and you're better off without them. I had one customer that I used to bend over backwards for and there was always something every year... I finally told her to call someone else and then she found out how good she had it. I got a call the next year practically begging me to bring her coal.
I agree...that's why I specified 'most' of the time. I have had a similar experiences with customers who become more demanding every time their service improved. The time, effort, and cost of servicing them became excessive.

There is no question that you can't please everyone all of the time...and sometimes you eventually realize it is not worth trying...and you hope they 'go away'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania