Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 11:31 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times

Advertisements

Have they lost their bags yet? Survived the first NY cab ride? (Always the highlight of any visit -- I swear these guys are more exciting than a dorney park thrill ride.) It's been an hour now since touch down. . . where are the updates???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
It all brings tears to my eyes...really!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
cbw

27 posts, read 42,656 times
Well,
Here I am!
The mother of one of those "kids" who will be in Camelback this year.
Provided my daughter has prohibited me to join the forum - really, I could not avoid it!!
Mine is not Lise nor Line, well she has not joined the Forum but I have and I have copied and pasted all information and you can't imagine how happy I was my daughter was going to a place where people like you are nearby (tears in my eyes)

Old 12-12-2007, 05:22 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Oh that is so great......so glad you are here. Funny that the girls, were very sweet about me being a Mom in Pa. I loved getting all their questions. Most of the time at this age, parents are the last ones they want to know whats what. LOL....I must say this group has been very accepting, and fun.
I am so glad you came on and copied everything. I hope you sent it off with her.
She will be fine and have a wonderful experience.
I didn't expect to hear from the girls today, although I am not home and there could be a message on my machine. They told me they were shy to call........so cute of them.
I'll be up that way when I am not in the least in their way. .......I don't want to disturb their jobs.
Right now, I am happy just knowing they are seeing what they hoped for.......and tomorrow........the SNOW they dreamed of, will be surrounding them......Yahoooo!
Mom of one of the kids........please stop in often..........the girls love to talk with us.
They write me at home also, big long letters......
Stop in and let us know how things are going, and how everyone is doing.......please.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 PM
cbw

(going on)
My daughter (FERNANDA) is boarding tonight (Brazil), she'll also go to Miami and then NY (it's a student ticket fare so they have to pass by Miami or Dallas) and then go to the city where they are going to have this 3-month work experience.
Her group (14 university students) will arrive in Camelback on Dec. 13 late at night.
Most of them are from the south of Brazil (State of Santa Catarina - State Capital = Florianopolis)
Well, I just would like to thank (from the bottom of my heart) all of you who have helped so much these students.
You were so touchy (I think you have Brazilian roots (Brazilians are touchy) - here I am with tears in my eyes again!!)
Summering - I love PA - Mollyme - AlexBr and all the others who have joined and participated. You were WONDERFUL!!! (In Portuguese we would say: Voces foram DEMAIS!!) although Portuguese is forbitten in the Forum and I agree. Rules are to be followed.
I've been to Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) once and I loved it!! And I do plan to visit my daughter in February for 2 days and then stay in Manhattan for about 4 more days. But these are plans for 2008 and we still are in 2007 and I have lots of work before Xmas!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:37 PM

17 posts, read 33,177 times
Nice! Brazilian Mom, I HAVE ONE! This is interesting, I was thinking... If soccer is the number one sport in Brazil, can you imaging how many "soccer moms" we have over there.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Have they lost their bags yet? Survived the first NY cab ride? (Always the highlight of any visit -- I swear these guys are more exciting than a dorney park thrill ride.) It's been an hour now since touch down. . . where are the updates???
Hi there Vacationer....I know they will contact us soon.......I didn't think today that they would have time really. I'm not home....but they did say they would try to write from NY.
I must of only slept 4 hours.......only to get up........and find out the first plane already landed. So much for following that one in the middle of the night. It was fun to follow the one out of Miami....I finally found one to see the plane in its actual location. A different flight tracker then I used before.
This is more exciting then a ride at Dorney.......
They are so busy now for sure, seeing everything........
I hope they follow the Martz bus directions I gave them. Darn those people in there.( Port of Authority)......I asked 5 people who were zero help one time. Just look at you like the question came from Mars.
Question being......" Where to get the bus ticket for Martz" or Where to go down ,what set of stairs, to get to the Martz?" Daaaaaaaaaaaaa
"Anyone tell me where to get the MTA city bus ticket?"........Oh sure, the newspaper man has it, yep, yep.........not! " more looks".........
One time I even wrote on here in the NYC area for the local bus in the city information. Nothing came my way. I had to do lots of my own research and then......try it out, to see how it worked.
Its one reason why I knew the information was worth sharing........
For some reason the answers were hard to come by.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBR View Post
Nice! Brazilian Mom, I HAVE ONE! This is interesting, I was thinking... If soccer is the number one sport in Brazil, can you imaging how many "soccer moms" we have over there.
Hi Alex........I was a soccer mom too this past fall. The twins played soccer.
My daughter and I were hooting and hollering from the sidelines.
They did win the last game at the big soccer festival.
I love that game, really..........Soccer and Football are two of my favorites.
Alex you were a wonderful help with everything.........
Especially the LINERs and the BOOTs..........

Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 PM
cbw

Summering,
You are not a "mother" you are a SUPER MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(and for sure you'll be their "mother" while they will be there - and I DO HOPE they'll keep in touch with you afterwards - this is such a wonderful experience! Having people from one side of the world to another!!)
God! I saw the picture of your Xmas tree, your dog as well as your crafts and and I JUST LOVED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I really go to PA for 1 day in February I really do want to meet you and everyone else who have joined the Forum !!
You can't imagine how encouraging it is to know that the place my daughter is going to is such a nice place with people like you.
She went to exchange student program in Canada (Halifax) and it was wonderful!
I'm sure she had not joined the Forum due to her final university exams (the last one was on dec. 11).
Tomorrow I'll not be here since I'll go to Sao Paulo to get my youngest child (16 years old) student visa to the US (he'll stay in the US for 6 months through an exchange student program).
But I'll return as soon as I can.
Just let me tell YOU ALL ARE WONDERFUL!!! And I really mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM
cbw

Please,
Don't mention the LINER and BOOTS!
It was funny but they don't learn expressions like these in Brazil, so she had the right to ask (and thank God she asked!!!) many people are afraid to ask and that does not work out.
Well, almost 12 PM here and I still have to pack and will be away for almost 3 days.
I'd like to thank you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(As I said before I think you have the Brazilian Soul)
YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you need anything - please let me know!!
My son is expecting an American family for the next semester (through NACEL OPEN) and I'll have a German exchange student from Dec. 26 to June 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania