Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times

Advertisements

They are having a dedication of the Veteran's Memorial saturday morning at 10am on courthouse square in Scranton. I believe they will be allowing people in at least a small section of the renovated courthouse as well, and the event is to run until 3pm and repeat on Sunday. They have already begun taking down some of the fencing, worth a drive-by if you're in the downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 04:28 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
I saw that is the paper, they will be having an open house from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
And mark your calendars! The Santa parade is 2 weeks from this weekend...I'm just not ready yet. I refuse to celebrate too early, by the time the holiday season is upon us, most are sick of it already.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:23 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
I wonder if the early "open house" has anything to do with the upcoming Lackawanna County Commissioners' election?? Election-time grandstanding, anyone?

Old 11-05-2007, 02:04 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,642,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conorsdad View Post
I wonder if the early "open house" has anything to do with the upcoming Lackawanna County Commissioners' election?? Election-time grandstanding, anyone?
Nothing wrong with showing off what you've done and letting the voters decide... I have to say, although the job is not yet done, the work so far looks to be very nice. Hard to believe you are in the same building. The new entrance way is spectacular. The courtrooms are, for the most part, unchanged but have been spruced up with some new fixtures, carpeting, wiring, and seating. I wish they could have had the fountains up and running, but I guess they didn't make it in time. Every floor has some sort of elaborate stone work. It did feel a little confined, but a good 3rd of the building is still blocked off. With lowered ceilings, it takes away the 'grand hallway' effect, but once the remaining end is opened and the glass installed from the 1st floor into the main entrance, it should make a big difference. Really something to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania