U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 09:09 AM

102 posts, read 275,634 times

Advertisements

Twin lakes Woods in shohola. Off little walker

We have been seriously looking at homes in the area (milford, dingmans etc) for sometime now but can't find any info on this subdivision. I would really appreciate any info anyone can share with me regarding it. From the little I know which seems vague at best it is just a subdivision that collect money to maintain the roads. I can't find a website, if there is any board or trustees or who is handling and being held accountable for the money that's collected. I would love to hear all thoughts on this positive and negative related to how the community is itself, crime if known, quiet or filled with trouble etc. Is it thought of as average run of the mill or more upscale? I'm aware there are no amenities but the lake. I'm not a fan of communities myself but our realtor says it's basically a subdivision with no by-laws. No rules or regulations. I'm looking for first-hand knowledge.

Also, and I know this question can be perceived as personal preference and that's what I'm looking for, not only online statistics so here goes... Is there a preference among parents on which primary and elementary school is best or more sought after. SES, DV or DD? I can answer this from the standpoint where I live now. Our school system is rated very high and sought after however, my particular ES is the reason people buy in this section of town. I'm not even sure why as I said they are all great. I didn't even know this when I moved here because I didn't have kids then. I'm not trying to start any trouble just looking to hear thoughts as to why some prefer one school over another.

I would be grateful to anyone who could answer my questions honestly from personal experience rather than saying search the site. Believe me, I have searched and searched but don't feel the specific answer is there.

Please PM me. Sorry for rambling on. Thanks for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 04:44 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,667,986 times
If the development contains 12 units or less or was "grandfathered" due to being in existence before the law was enacted, it is not subject to the PA Uniform Planned Community Act so no need for a board and bylaws. The original developer probably still controls things. For a definitive answer, you may want to contact the Milford law firm of Levy, Stieh & Gaughan, which handles just about all of the area HOA's legal work. But be careful as this firm knows how to charge.

Can't tell you anything about the Shohola Elementary School, but the Delaware Valley School District has decent ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania