U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 08:14 PM

14 posts, read 16,918 times

Advertisements

I really do appreciate all the comments, both local and distant. I am moving to Sanofi for a great job opportunity, and am really looking forward to new challenges. I think we all hope that everything we choose in life will go great, but we also have to accept that sometimes, there are a few curve-balls thrown our way.

I grew up around Newark NJ so I know what that's like. And trust me, this area is nothing like that. Will it be like that in 20 years? Maybe, but not likely. It's just too far from NYC and Philly for that to happen. But I am aware there are some negative aspects associated with that area. And that's why I am doing my due diligence in finding the best place to live.

@fisheye, I'd love to chat with you in person, if you're free sometime.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM

3,680 posts, read 3,260,042 times
Good luck on your move.

P.S. I am also from the Newark area (West Orange) and I'm always hoping for Newark to make a comeback.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 PM

104 posts, read 141,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Hazleton and Mahanoy City are not Swiftwater.
NEPA is a huge area. I, too, get really tired of the Poconos getting a bad rep on these message boards from Hazelton and other cities that are an hour or more away. That's like NYC getting a bad rep from Newark.

Monroe and Pike counties have their own issues, but it's really not fair to lump them in with problems in Hazleton, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, etc. The demographics are completely different.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 1,859 times
I wanted to you follow up with you regarding your Sanofi/commuting post. I am thinking of joining Sanofi and was wondering how you like it so far. Furthermore I was wondering how is your commuting situation. I will be traveling from Lehigh Valley some 30mins away and wondering if it is even worth the commute up to swiftwater Sanofi.

any suggestions??

Old 03-03-2015, 10:20 AM

13,196 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc60 View Post
I wanted to you follow up with you regarding your Sanofi/commuting post. I am thinking of joining Sanofi and was wondering how you like it so far. Furthermore I was wondering how is your commuting situation. I will be traveling from Lehigh Valley some 30mins away and wondering if it is even worth the commute up to swiftwater Sanofi.

any suggestions??
It depends on the job. Are you talking about the $14.95/hr job as a production temp with Manpower? Or a full time job as a Sanofi permanent? Of course the Manpower job could lead to a permanent position; especially if you have some college. But you have to demonstrate good work ethics. Some Sanofi permanent jobs start off with very respectable salaries - it depends on your qualifications and abilities.

The production jobs, especially in flu, are not easy jobs. They can be both physically and mentally taxing. But it will separate the quality employees from those that don't cut the mustard.

So; what kind of job are you talking about? Are there any jobs in your area that pay similar wages? If you have local jobs that that pay great; it would be unwise to travel. You know your job market better than I do. I do know several employees that travel from your area - but they are making great wages. One just started as a building manager; I can only speculate how much money he is making.

Sanofi is growing in leaps and bounds. One new building is nearing completion; it might take years to get it licensed? Two more buildings are ready to break ground and one more is proposed for the near future. They will be hiring and many of those jobs will pay well.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:53 PM

14 posts, read 16,918 times
Where in the Lehigh Valley are you coming from? Depending on that, it can be 30 min to 60+ minutes. I live in Nazareth, and the commute is about 45 minutes. There's almost never traffic, and it's an easy drive. There is quite some construction going on now, but i think it should end by this summer.

Sanofi is a good company to work for. I find that their benefits are super, and they treat their employees well. As Fisheye said, as long as it is a good paying job, it will be worth the commute.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 506 times
Default Looking for temporary accommodation near Sanofi Pasteur

Hi,

I will be joining Sanofi Pasteur at swiftwater on 13th April'2015.
I am looking for temporary accommodation withing the walking distance to sanofi facility. Preferably a walking distance or a place where i can use bus to commute to the company, since I dont yet own a car.

I am single hence looking for a single room (condo, studio or 1bhk). I tried several real estates like camel back, DNA but none have a temporary kind of thing as of now.

Could any one suggest me some place to stay, which would be cheaper and safe.
I look forward to response.

Thank you in advance.

Pawan
405-328-8810

Old 04-05-2015, 06:15 PM

191 posts, read 249,151 times
Check out pocono craigslist, they have a lot listed but be leary if the listing doesn't have pics just for rent with a phone number usually bogus or realty companies for apartments, also bogus.Sanofi is on 611 and a bus comes by their but i would suggest having a car to get around, outside strouds and east strouds going up 611 gets pretty remote so having a car is a must.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:04 AM

13,196 posts, read 10,596,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugashane View Post
Check out pocono craigslist, they have a lot listed but be leary if the listing doesn't have pics just for rent with a phone number usually bogus or realty companies for apartments, also bogus.Sanofi is on 611 and a bus comes by their but i would suggest having a car to get around, outside strouds and east strouds going up 611 gets pretty remote so having a car is a must.
I did PM them the link to the Pocono Pony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania