U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 12:23 PM

2,313 posts, read 4,820,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
Knoebel's is wonderful - the food is fairly priced and decent, but you can save $$ by bringing a picnic lunch and they have lots of picnic tables -- the ones under trees closest to the park fill up quickly with folks "reserving" the tables with their coolers, so be warned; you could end up sitting in the sun which could be a problems on a blistering hot day.

I also would recommend taking your son to the Crayola Factory in Easton. Not nearly as expensive as Sesame Place, lots of hands-on activities for a kid that age to do, and there's a canal museum on the top floor with working locks that kids will play with for hours (included in admission)
We'll have to carry him out screaming! Crayola has been on my list but I did not know about the canal thing so it has definitely moved up. And given my screen name I definitely need shade. HAHA I do prefer a place where we can bring our own food too because of cost AND taste AND health reasons! I don't mind buying treats but I hate paying lots of money for bad food.

I looked up the prices and on a summer weekday it would $23 POP for our son. What a great deal! Storybook Land near us is really great but not as big and it's $26 pp and you pay for everyone. This will be fun, I'm so glad I asked here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 AM

12,455 posts, read 27,097,479 times
Another vote here for Knoebels, but if you post this in the general PA forum, you may get some other answers. I don't think you mentioned Dorney Park, but that's another alternative. They often have deals with local hotels. Dorney Park & WildWater Kingdom Hotel Packages | Travel Deals in Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, PA | Summer Holiday in Lehigh Valley, PA | Stay & Scream - 2012

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:45 PM

129 posts, read 239,111 times
Knoebels cannot be beat! Such a reasonable place, plenty of rides, water park, camping, shady areas!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:18 AM

4,963 posts, read 3,934,893 times
Knoebels is wonderful. It was the first big park I brought my boys to and they loved it. We never did sesame place or crayola factory ( my kids were so sheltered!!, LOL). We did the street fairs a lot when they were younger.

Knoebels knoebels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania