Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 09:01 PM

452 posts, read 682,013 times

Advertisements

Here we go again......Another working man shot and killed by another upstanding citizen who found his way here from New Jersey. I also saw said individual was a person of interest in other killings. Say and think what makes you folks feel good, but the fact is this is a fine example of things to come. The peace and quiet of the Pocono life style is long gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 09:06 PM

217 posts, read 334,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Here we go again......Another working man shot and killed by another upstanding citizen who found his way here from New Jersey. I also saw said individual was a person of interest in other killings. Say and think what makes you folks feel good, but the fact is this is a fine example of things to come. The peace and quiet of the Pocono life style is long gone.
Crime everywhere got worse...why would the Poconos be any different?

Old 05-26-2014, 04:02 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Apparently you don't have time to listen to the Nashville news: Nashville Local Breaking News, Headlines | TN News - WSMV Channel 4. Five people shot in just 24 hours. You still spend all of your time looking back and reflecting on the mistake/s you made in the past! You must be very unhappy with your current location that you waste all of this time on us or your jealous that some of us have not shared your experience?

Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
Such a horrible act of violence this teenager is an animal, plain and simple. But I believe this is SCRANTON' s first murder in three years I think. Can you say the same CaptIn crunch?

Old 05-26-2014, 05:54 AM

My point is, and always was, is the fact that the garbage from NY & NJ is flooding the area and turning the place into nothing more than Newark in the hills. As far as the murders in Nashville, there are obvious similarities I'd love to talk about but I'd be edited for "racist comments'. And sorry Fish, I love where I am. As far as wasting time??? no, when something like this comes to my attention, it's worth posting to give a little balance to the lop sided rah-rah crap some cheerleaders feed people that are looking to move to the area.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Such a horrible act of violence this teenager is an animal, plain and simple. But I believe this is SCRANTON' s first murder in three years I think. Can you say the same CaptIn crunch?
Got me there....In the little town I moved to you may have to go back 3 times that to find a murder.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:04 AM

Sorry I was wrong Frank Bonnaci was murdered by associates last year.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
My point is, and always was, is the fact that the garbage from NY & NJ is flooding the area and turning the place into nothing more than Newark in the hills. As far as the murders in Nashville, there are obvious similarities I'd love to talk about but I'd be edited for "racist comments'. And sorry Fish, I love where I am. As far as wasting time??? no, when something like this comes to my attention, it's worth posting to give a little balance to the lop sided rah-rah crap some cheerleaders feed people that are looking to move to the area.
I guess I am part of the garbage from NY, my husband is from here does that make it ok?

Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
We all have not shared your experience! Your thinking is that you had a bad experience in our neck of the woods and everybody else has to have the same feelings. We all are not on your band wagon. The persona that you projected while in NEPA could have affected your experience. We will never know. You blame NY'ers for taking down the area - but they brought their money into our area and we sold them the land.

I just cannot get past wondering why this is your pastime? It goes further than just revenge - it's a preoccupation. You are not content to move on.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:22 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
Looks like Trips has a bit of OCD regarding bashing the region. I wouldn't want to spend so much of my time thinking negative thoughts, it can't be healthy. I hopped on an elevator a few days ago and it went up when we all wanted to go down. A gentleman on the elevator carried on an on until we got off. I thought to myself as I ignored him how people can put themselves in such a dark aura. Why live your life in continual strife? It's not a good way to live, there are so many better things you could be doing with your time than nourishing bad karma in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania