U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-14-2007, 08:56 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,075,513 times
Default Cut down your own tree?

I went to a place for my Christmas (yeah, I said it!) tree last year where for about $20, you wander around aimlessly until you get bored and finally cut down your own, using their tools. Then they'd net it up and maybe help carry it to your car. After that, you were on your own. We went to the one in Waverly last year, but I forgot the name. Is it still operating this year? If not, are there any close to Scranton doing the same sort of thing? Saturday's pretty much my last chance, since we're apparently getting the mother of all storms on Sunday, and next weekend will be trimming (ha!) it way to close. Fake trees are only an option under extreme circumstances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-15-2007, 08:47 AM

6,464 posts, read 6,822,223 times
If it's not too late...

Roba Family Farms in Dalton seems to be the closest to you. They have a website with phone # and directions, etc.

Unread 12-15-2007, 09:05 AM

13,303 posts, read 12,458,997 times
Yes the trees at that farm look very nice up in Dalton.
Down here in lower Monroe........I fell in love with a tree farm that has just about everytree perfect. No, I'm not kidding. They have 13 trees in the White House right now. It is the Crystal Springs Tree Farm in the Lehighton area.
Also I read a great article in a magazine about the Yedars (sp) tree farm in that area too. Signs are around there in about the same location.
The person who wrote the article said it was a "gorgeous" tree farm with beautiful views, and acres of wonderful trees.
I so loved the tree farm that I went to, and the people who run it that.........I am heading there always. There are so many perfect trees that one need not even linger long.
The article on the other farm that way said they will cut the tree for you "if you want."
They will haul it to your car, and tie it on.......after shake and wrapping it.
Our did help us also.......
Trees were running $5.75 per foot. Not bad for a fresh tree........I've spent a ton more for a half dead tree in NJ.......LOLOLOL........Really, and Full of HOLES too......

Unread 12-15-2007, 10:41 AM

13,303 posts, read 12,458,997 times
Default My Tree......small but delightful

Well this is my tree.........smaller then the big jumbos we use to have three people cart in........but he is smelling good, and theres room for everything.
The tree was very, nice and fresh..........drinking fine.
I had shown it to the Brazil girls who came this way, as in Brazil they only have fake trees.
I think their eyes lit up to the fact that we would drag a REAL tree inside!!
I love, love, Christmas..........and all that goes with the holiday.

Unread 12-15-2007, 10:51 AM

520 posts, read 738,855 times
Summering, that Christmas tree is beautiful!

Unread 12-15-2007, 01:35 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,075,513 times
My in-laws go to Roba's. I think it's a little on the expensive side myself, but they're in the market for a 12-14' tree every year, so their options are pretty much limited to Roba's. They have nice stuff, don't get me wrong, it's just a little out of my budget right now.

I drove by the place I went to last year, but it's only opened two days a year. I missed both days. Wound up at a place in LaPlume, near the Do-It Center, and picked up a nice six footer for about $30 (my wife tells that same exact story about how we met, but I digress...)

Anyway, the tree is purchased, but thanks for the help.

Unread 12-19-2007, 11:51 AM

98 posts, read 167,953 times
I get all my trees from Roba's as well.. Pumpkins Too.

Unread 12-19-2007, 11:58 AM

1,443 posts, read 1,833,089 times
Shoulda seen the Charlie Brown we had our first year LOL. It was a cheap 6 foot fake job that the Cat kept climbing in until all the limbs were bent. We put it up last year just to let her climb in it but it didn't make it to Christmas.

This year we have a tree in our front windows as opposed to dressing the whole house. Maybe I'm getting old but I just don't find the inspiration to decorate as much as I used to. We still do a few small things for each holiday but funny we did more for Halloween than we have for Christmas. Bah Humbug and Happy Holidays

Unread 12-19-2007, 12:00 PM

98 posts, read 167,953 times
I mean to say in my earlier post, That was my first Post and I wanted to say Hello!! I live outside of Nicholson, Pa and run a small car dealership with my father in Scranton, Pa.

Unread 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM

25,470 posts, read 42,487,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon View Post
I mean to say in my earlier post, That was my first Post and I wanted to say Hello!! I live outside of Nicholson, Pa and run a small car dealership with my father in Scranton, Pa.
Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope you find us to be a more hospitable, friendly bunch than a lot of the more hostile NEPA message boards that are out there. If you don't mind my asking, does your dealership specialize in pre-owned cars, new cars, or both? I'll probably be in the market for a newer used one in late-2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania