U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 09:48 AM

163 posts, read 144,588 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything good/bad about Paupackan Lake estates? its in Hawley {Wayne County}Crime wise? clubhouse? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 09:09 PM

76 posts, read 187,648 times
Have a home there and am very happy. It's a no-frills sort of place compared to places like the Hideout. The majority of activity centers around the lake, which is beautiful and in great shape. It is electric motor only, which I am happy about. There is a Homeowners Association that does a good job of keeping the place running and sponsoring events. Homes are generally well kept, although there are some that are in rough shape. I understand that several properties were foreclosed and sold at sheriff sale in the past couple of years, which I think is true of most Pocono developments with a lot of seasonal residents following the recession. I don't hear much about crime, but I'm sure there is some of the usual stuff you find in housing developments (break ins, etc.) Overall, it's a quiet place with friendly people. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,276 times
Have a home there and I can echo what yorickshead said. It's great place......

Old 10-31-2014, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,025 times
Default Paupackan Lake

I have been living here 10 years. It is a beautiful area, quiet, lots of eagles, herons, migrating ducks and good fishing. Water always test very high in purity.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:49 AM

3 posts, read 688 times
Default Paupakan Lake Association fees

I'm thinking of buying in this, or a similar community. What kind of association fees are there, and do they cover taxes, maintenance as far as snow removal, etc.? I don't want to get a realtor involved yet with my questions - I'd rather hear from the "horses' mouths" who actually live there and love it, for the time being.

Just to clarify, I'm asking about Paupakan Lake ESTATES Association.

Thanks!!

Old 10-03-2018, 03:32 PM

22,706 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Yorickshead hasn't posted since 2017, and the other two 2014.

Here's their website: https://www.paupackanlake.com/ Fees are listed under Admin.

It looks as though there are only single family homes, so I'd say that the taxes aren't covered.

You don't have to get a realtor or agency very involved to call and ask a couple of questions. Just tell them that you're not going to start looking at properties until at least next year.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:44 AM

13,137 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Yorickshead hasn't posted since 2017, and the other two 2014.

Here's their website: https://www.paupackanlake.com/ Fees are listed under Admin.

It looks as though there are only single family homes, so I'd say that the taxes aren't covered.

You don't have to get a realtor or agency very involved to call and ask a couple of questions. Just tell them that you're not going to start looking at properties until at least next year.
Mathjak107 used to live up there and he has nothing good to say about the area. With him it was more of a problem where he loved the area as a recreational area; but hated it as a retirement area. You have to travel too far for medical reasons, groceries, entertainment (other than skiing, water sports, and hunting), shopping. But I am sure that he tell 'Out of New Jersey' himself.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:46 AM

64,575 posts, read 66,100,109 times
i think the area is very pretty and the hoa's have beautiful homes but economically the hawley area is depressed .business's come and go because they find it hard to survive .

when the ski area closed which was in the center of our development it hit the hawley area hard and they lost loads of winter business .

no , i never said i hated the area nor hated it for retirement. what i said is it lacked a lot of what would eventually become important to us . that is not hating it! if we did not retire we would still own it .

paupackan lake is quite aways from us .we were in tafton off lake wallenpaupack in pike county . paupackan is in wayne and uses the hawley post office but they are really lakeville and are on the other side of lake wallenpaupack on a different lake . so i can't say much about that area .

i am not from new jersey either so i am not sure what the jersey comment is about .. you are just chock full of stuff i never said .

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-04-2018 at 04:31 AM..

Old 10-04-2018, 05:12 AM

13,137 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i think the area is very pretty and the hoa's have beautiful homes but economically the hawley area is depressed .business's come and go because they find it hard to survive .

when the ski area closed which was in the center of our development it hit the hawley area hard and they lost loads of winter business .

no , i never said i hated the area nor hated it for retirement. what i said is it lacked a lot of what would eventually become important to us . that is not hating it! if we did not retire we would still own it .

paupackan lake is quite aways from us .we were in tafton off lake wallenpaupack in pike county . paupackan is in wayne and uses the hawley post office but they are really lakeville and are on the other side of lake wallenpaupack on a different lake . so i can't say much about that area .

i am not from new jersey either so i am not sure what the jersey comment is about .. you are just chock full of stuff i never said .

Sorry! But you do have experience in that general area and I was hoping that you would be quick to correct me and state your own opinions on the subject - which you just did. I did not mean to speak for you!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 AM

6,220 posts, read 7,398,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

Mathjak, the poster who inquired about paupackan uses "Out of Jersey" as her member name.

I hope you two don't have to have another pi$$ing match over opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania