U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 10:04 AM

338 posts, read 605,253 times

Advertisements

Apparently the police have moved at least some personnel to the Alpine Mountain area. My son and DIL live near there, and last night there were helicopters flying over all night (I know that one was for the police that fell from the tree).

This morning when DIL drove the kids to the bus stop, the whole neighborhood was covered with armed cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:53 AM

90 posts, read 122,019 times
I live of Circle H Road in Price and since this morning I see police vehicle driving every 15 min or so in our little development

Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,205,202 times
Are there fresh water springs with drinkable water in the area where he is? Police keep finding his food & weapon caches, but I wonder how Frein is managing to find drinking water. Police found Ramen noodles, so maybe he is boiling water to make it drinkable?

Also, the DNA results were inconclusive on the soiled diaper they found. Could he have left/planted some of these items behind before he did the shooting? The food, pipe bomb, smokes, ammo, diaper, gun etc.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:42 PM

13,213 posts, read 10,619,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Are there fresh water springs with drinkable water in the area where he is? Police keep finding his food & weapon caches, but I wonder how Frein is managing to find drinking water. Police found Ramen noodles, so maybe he is boiling water to make it drinkable?

Also, the DNA results were inconclusive on the soiled diaper they found. Could he have left/planted some of these items behind before he did the shooting? The food, pipe bomb, smokes, ammo, diaper, gun etc.
There is plenty of 'fresh' water. I used to drink the water out of springs and small streams all the time when I was young. But that was before we found out about all of the giardiasis and other infestations/parasites you can get from drinking untreated water! Now I would be hesitant - but I don't have 1000 police officers looking for me.

The 'stash' in the police pictures looks like it had many of Frien's necessities. I believe that they also stated that they came within 100 yards of him at one time. It is hard to believe that they have not caught him with the resources they have thrown into this manhunt.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,205,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I believe that they also stated that they came within 100 yards of him at one time. It is hard to believe that they have not caught him with the resources they have thrown into this manhunt.
Yeah, on Monday police said they were within 75 to 100 yards of Frein, but he was able to slip away.

State police say alleged killer is living on tuna and noodles

Old 10-03-2014, 08:45 PM

316 posts, read 303,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Yeah, on Monday police said they were within 75 to 100 yards of Frein, but he was able to slip away.
I'm sorry, but this is just becoming laughable. There's no way in hell that 1,000 law enforcement officers can't find one dude in 5 square miles of woods in October in Pennsylvania. Furthermore, it's not just hard but impossible to believe that he "slipped away" after being spotted from 100 yards. If this whole story were completely legit, they would've lit him up like a Christmas tree from that distance.

I don't care how much of a "survivalist" he claims to be either. It's not like he ever had any formal military training outside of his little reenactment club and the internet. Furthermore, how much crap did this guy lug into the woods with him?? Are we to believe that he "planted" all of this stuff that he's leaving behind. Empty cigarette packs would imply that he's smoking in the woods while he's evading capture (execution). So 1,000 cops can't find a guy taking cigarette breaks in 5 square miles of woods?

Each day that passes compounds the absurdity of this entire thing. At this point the DHS might as well bring in a few helicopters and pepper the whole damn 5 square miles with several million hollow point rounds from the air. Problem solved. God knows they've got the resources for it. Might kill a few uh dem dare dir that way, but oh well.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:30 AM

13,213 posts, read 10,619,084 times
I also stated that I have a hard time with the 75 to 100 yard spotting and no apprehension. If this was a true (100% sure) sighting of Frein; why did they not also notify the public? Possibly they could have closed that five mile search area and had only a mile or half mile search area?

In that link of the stash our police found: State police say alleged killer is living on tuna and noodles; there is a heavily armored trooper in the background. It is possible that, with all of that armor, that our police simply cannot run. I am curious how much all of that armor weights? But then it comes down to a deployment problem and, at this stage of the manhunt, you would think they would have that resolved.

One thing our Troopers did not say about their close sighting was whether or not they saw Frein with his rifle? Safety concerns could slow down the active pursuit.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:20 AM

18,151 posts, read 16,488,200 times
He'smost probably dead by suicide and they found his body early on where he lost his jeep. For some reason they decided to cover it up and use the opportunity to have a search exercise and practice a manhunt.
This just makes no sense. Nothing the police have been doing and nothing Frein is said to be doing. Its like a badly written and poorly acted TV movie.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:38 AM

22,780 posts, read 21,833,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
I'm sorry, but this is just becoming laughable. There's no way in hell that 1,000 law enforcement officers can't find one dude in 5 square miles of woods in October in Pennsylvania.
You'd be surprised. A number of years ago, my husband--and other volunteers--spent most of a night helping the police comb a section of woods looking for a lost eight year old boy. It wasn't a large area and was surrounded by a lake on one side and housing developments on the other three. They didn't find him that night. He wandered out of the woods in the morning. If the police, hunters, military and retired can't find a little kid in the woods who wants to be found, I'm not willing to blame the LEOs for not finding Frein.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:45 AM

573 posts, read 898,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
I'm sorry, but this is just becoming laughable. There's no way in hell that 1,000 law enforcement officers can't find one dude in 5 square miles of woods in October in Pennsylvania. Furthermore, it's not just hard but impossible to believe that he "slipped away" after being spotted from 100 yards. If this whole story were completely legit, they would've lit him up like a Christmas tree from that distance.

That's why the networks have given it less coverage lately. It's a joke. Doesn't reflect well on the LEO's in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania