U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:14 AM

151 posts, read 140,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Your reading stuff into this. All we are doing is speculating. If any of us had all the answers Eric would no longer be on the run. But we don't. Why are you getting angry? We are all drawing our own experiences and hoping that we can help. I know that it is frustrating for both the residents and our police.

If Eric is still hiding in our woods; everyday that goes by will make it easier for our police to spot him. Our leaves are starting to fall; his natural 'camouflage' is disappearing. Without supplies; he is miserable. My feeling is that the clock is ticking.
Glad I caught this!

Have you been drinking, there, fisheye? I'm not the least bit angry. (What for? )

As far as, 'reading into things'; well, 'putting the shoe on the other foot' I think you did an excellent job of misinterpreting what I, both, said and meant. Who criticized you? I, simply recognized an obvious idiosyncrasy in your reasoning, and pointed it out!

Nothing personal! It was your reasoning I commented on, NOT you. You might, still, be correct too; and if you are then Eric Frein is (without any further question) a homicidal, highly territorial, and clearly insane recluse!

At this point in the chase there's not too much more to speculate on. If the guy's in there, hiding out in the woods like a wild animal, then his behavior is an act of choice and (more or less) free will. So, what's left to discuss? Until something definitive finally happens all of this, 'best guessing' serves no further rational purpose.

That's NOT anger, my friend; it's practicality instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 07:21 PM

13,248 posts, read 10,635,262 times
More leaves are falling off our trees and visibility in the woods is improving. Just a few weeks ago I could only see fifty yards into the woods behind my house. Now I can see twice that far and soon I will be able to see four of five times further. That should help any searchers for Eric - if he is still in the woods.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:35 PM

Just one more personal update: Last night Sanofi was on lockdown for a few hours after reports of an armed man on PM school property. Today they are searching very close to my back yard. I think that they have moved on now?

PS: http://wnep.com/2014/10/18/update-cr...school-campus/

Last edited by fisheye; 10-18-2014 at 02:26 PM..

Old 10-18-2014, 02:46 PM

15,604 posts, read 9,629,865 times
here's hoping for an end to the chase, and nobody else gets hurt before that end.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:40 PM

671 posts, read 620,483 times
Reported he was just seen by a golf course...Mount Airy...

Old 10-18-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Reported he was just seen by a golf course...Mount Airy...
Around 5:00 PM I thought I heard the helicopters searching closer to Pocono Manor. However; it would not surprise me if they also did not check out around Mount Airy's golf course. I hope he did go through that woods around the MA golf course. Years ago MA had asked some of us local hunters to go goose hunting. Me and a partner went and my partner immediately stepped where a golfer could not wait for a restroom! I was glad that we took his vehicle! Eric deserves to prowl that woods around the golf course.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:19 PM

316 posts, read 303,892 times
Quote:
Around 5:00 PM I thought I heard the helicopters searching closer to Pocono Manor. However; it would not surprise me if they also did not check out around Mount Airy's golf course. I hope he did go through that woods around the MA golf course. Years ago MA had asked some of us local hunters to go goose hunting. Me and a partner went and my partner immediately stepped where a golfer could not wait for a restroom! I was glad that we took his vehicle! Eric deserves to prowl that woods around the golf course.
A golfer pooped in the woods?

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

5 posts, read 5,575 times
To be honest I don't even think this guy is in the area anymore, if it was me I sure as **** wouldn't stay around with all of the state popo looking for me. prob in mexico or in the Canadian wilderness by now. I think the police are just saying crap to not make them look incompetent and have the public loose faith in them. imho

Old 10-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3876 View Post
To be honest I don't even think this guy is in the area anymore, if it was me I sure as **** wouldn't stay around with all of the state popo looking for me. prob in mexico or in the Canadian wilderness by now. I think the police are just saying crap to not make them look incompetent and have the public loose faith in them. imho
The worst case scenario would be if a hunter finds his body and it is determined that he has been dead since a day or two after he shot the State Policeman! All I know is that this long manhunt does not make our police look good. It has pointed out vulnerabilities in our system. It was very easy to believe that our technology could 'see' his thermal image and that there was no place he could hide. Of; our best dogs could track him down - no matter where he went. Then we have our highly skilled specially trained troopers that were just as good as any madman with a gun. It will be interesting to see the fallout from this very expensive manhunt.

It was also originally billed as Eric Frien against all of our State Police. So far Frein could have shot many more police - if that was his original intention. Or; he could have shot others that just crossed his tracks. It still looks more like he had a personal vendetta/grudge against the police that he shot - not that it makes any difference (he is still a killer- if proven guilty and that looks very possible).

I believe that PM was shut down on Tuesday as they again searched the campus. As far as I know; our police still think he is in my area? At some time, in the near future, our Game Commission will lift the hunting ban. Then I think that we will finally find out where he is hiding. Or; we will get snow and his footprints will be easily seen from the air. But, like you speculate; he is not even in our areas any longer.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:25 AM

2,736 posts, read 3,179,984 times
Quote:
The worst case scenario would be if a hunter finds his body and it is determined that he has been dead since a day or two after he shot the State Policeman! All I know is that this long manhunt does not make our police look good. It has pointed out vulnerabilities in our system. It was very easy to believe that our technology could 'see' his thermal image and that there was no place he could hide. Of; our best dogs could track him down - no matter where he went. Then we have our highly skilled specially trained troopers that were just as good as any madman with a gun. It will be interesting to see the fallout from this very expensive manhunt.

It was also originally billed as Eric Frien against all of our State Police. So far Frein could have shot many more police - if that was his original intention. Or; he could have shot others that just crossed his tracks. It still looks more like he had a personal vendetta/grudge against the police that he shot - not that it makes any difference (he is still a killer- if proven guilty and that looks very possible).

I believe that PM was shut down on Tuesday as they again searched the campus. As far as I know; our police still think he is in my area? At some time, in the near future, our Game Commission will lift the hunting ban. Then I think that we will finally find out where he is hiding. Or; we will get snow and his footprints will be easily seen from the air. But, like you speculate; he is not even in our areas any longer.

I hope he is makes it to trial. I am so sorry for all of you that live in the area and are having to deal with this very disturbing situation. BTW Mr. Fisheye, I am getting my flu shot next week thanks to you and all of your Sanfori coworkers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania