U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 AM

298 posts, read 300,726 times

Advertisements

I'm in Tioga county and they have his picture plastered all over the place, signs, posters, the electronic screens in the liquor store.

If I wanted to hide out it does make sense to drive out to western/northern PA. A lot less people and game lands to hide out on. Plus, I know like 0 people that are worried about finding him or talk about him on a daily basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 10:40 PM

316 posts, read 302,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The worst case scenario would be if a hunter finds his body and it is determined that he has been dead since a day or two after he shot the State Policeman! All I know is that this long manhunt does not make our police look good. It has pointed out vulnerabilities in our system.
Well I guess we can throw out the whole "police state" conspiracy theory out the window.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 PM

11 posts, read 13,921 times
First of all, how anyone can justify this massive manhunt, at the cost of 1.4 MILLION dollars per week, is absolutely inexplicable. This type of manhunt would never be going on if it was a civilian killed, and therefore anyone who sees this fiasco as an appropriate response is essentially saying a cop's life is worth more than a civilian's. (Which is disgusting)

Second of all, I would be shocked if Frein was still in the area. It would make no sense at all for him to be. He is likely long gone (as I believe someone in his family already suggested weeks ago). Furthermore, nothing the PSP has said is even remotely credible. They would have you believe Frein thinks he has the power of invisibility, with all these "sightings" so close to schools, main roads, etc. It's just nonsense.

Time to pack this operation in. I don't appreciate having to foot the bill for this.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:14 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,198,334 times
Well, 1 good thing to come out of this is that this poor fellow may get a car.
Help James get to work safe by Dawn DeBiase Witchy - GoFundMe

What a story. Father of 2 who has a bad knee but has to walk 5 miles to & from work. Yet he can hardly afford to pay the bills. I wish all Americans put in this much effort just to work.

Canadensis man targeted repeatedly as Frein suspect - News - poconorecord.com - Stroudsburg, PA

Old 10-25-2014, 03:31 AM

13,131 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truenamebrand View Post
First of all, how anyone can justify this massive manhunt, at the cost of 1.4 MILLION dollars per week, is absolutely inexplicable. This type of manhunt would never be going on if it was a civilian killed, and therefore anyone who sees this fiasco as an appropriate response is essentially saying a cop's life is worth more than a civilian's. (Which is disgusting)

Second of all, I would be shocked if Frein was still in the area. It would make no sense at all for him to be. He is likely long gone (as I believe someone in his family already suggested weeks ago). Furthermore, nothing the PSP has said is even remotely credible. They would have you believe Frein thinks he has the power of invisibility, with all these "sightings" so close to schools, main roads, etc. It's just nonsense.

Time to pack this operation in. I don't appreciate having to foot the bill for this.
Here are two WNEP articles that might have an impact on the investigation; first this one: Could Eric Frein Have Stolen Car? | WNEP.com. If that stolen car is linked to Eric; then the investigation/manhunt will move out of our area. In the second WNEP article: Man Charged With Giving False Frein Story To Police | WNEP.com; police are now charging a drug abuser with providing false information. What is interesting about the second story is that the man admitted to giving the false information and some of the earliest police reports were based on this false information such as: "Abuiso said Frein then “went on a tirade” about police calling them “self-righteous pigs” and “started talking about killing cops”.".

Old 10-25-2014, 05:17 AM

151 posts, read 139,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truenamebrand View Post

Spot-on, my friend! Spot-on!

The continued abuse of executive political authority - at gross public expense - has now reached the point where I don't believe a single news release emanating from the PSP.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:56 PM

Some of the searches were over by me again today. There was a large military looking State Police vehicle on my little back road and it was transporting troopers.

I haven't heard the helicopters circling. You would think that they would have better visibility with the leaves off the trees.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:11 AM

On WNEP's website today our State Police are busy checking blood samples from around a chicken coup on Beartown Road (close to where Frein lived): Troopers Testing More Found Blood to See if it’s Frein’s | WNEP.com. I know that the owner said that none of her chickens were missing or injured; but there are many predators that hang around chicken coups. Squirrels, chipmunks, rats and mice constantly come for leftover chicken food. Predators take advantage of this abundant source of food. Hawks, owls, fox, coyotes, and raccoons are just some of the animals that might grab live or dead prey. If Eric was hanging around a chicken coup you would think that he could have opened it and just grabbed a chicken! It would not surprise me if the DNA test doesn't reveal squirrel blood. Besides; who thinks Eric is bleeding - have we seen any evidence of that?

I also see on WNEP's website that our police are deploying a borrowed balloon/surveillance equipment from Ohio. I am kind of curious how that will work with all of our trees. Ohio has more farms and fewer trees. I hope we don't end up buying an new one for Ohio.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:21 PM

15,561 posts, read 9,588,275 times
not to mention balloons are vulnerable to rifles.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:56 PM

3,673 posts, read 3,253,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
not to mention balloons are vulnerable to rifles.
Good, let him give away his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania