U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-24-2014, 04:12 PM
 
37,072 posts, read 38,297,253 times
Reputation: 14835

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Take me fishing fisheye PLEASE
Wear glasses. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2014, 04:15 PM
 
37,072 posts, read 38,297,253 times
Reputation: 14835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
and is using diapers,
The diapers would be so he doesn't have to move if he's in a sniper position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 04:52 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,162 posts, read 10,580,292 times
Reputation: 9317
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Wear glasses. LOL
You aren't going to hold an little mistake against me!

As far as the diapers; his supplies will not last forever. Not only that; but can the dogs use the diapers to pick up his scent? I am presuming that our police have him in a fairly small box right now? They are talking about an area of about one to one and a half square miles - as long as he doesn't breach their perimeter. On the other hand; the danger increases as Frein's chance of escape disappears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 06:14 PM
 
37,072 posts, read 38,297,253 times
Reputation: 14835
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
but can the dogs use the diapers to pick up his scent?
That's one thing I was wondering about because I know a good bloodhound should be ale to find him easy once it's on a trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Long Island and PA too:)
213 posts, read 253,191 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The diapers would be so he doesn't have to move if he's in a sniper position.
Doesn't have to move or is that doesn't have to make a movement? Sorry I couldn't resist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 07:49 PM
 
31 posts, read 30,417 times
Reputation: 19
I hope they catch this psycho nut ASAP, and without further bloodshed.

Since the search is still ongoing, have these road closures affected the Greentown area or Rt. 84? I will be heading up to my 2nd home in Greentown later this week and don't know what to expect in terms of police stops/delays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2014, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Tobyhanna, Pa
431 posts, read 521,209 times
Reputation: 414
If he planned that hard to wear a diaper that dude has earn my respect I would've never thought of that one. You gotta admit that dude has dotted his i's n crossed his t's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 04:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,162 posts, read 10,580,292 times
Reputation: 9317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
If he planned that hard to wear a diaper that dude has earn my respect I would've never thought of that one. You gotta admit that dude has dotted his i's n crossed his t's.
In The Daily Beast link (Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania) I have a hard time moving away from this one paragraph:

"Eric Frein apparently remained close to his older brother, Michael Frein, serving as best man at his wedding in 2006. The Standard Speaker reports that Michael Frein lives in the same housing development as Trooper Douglass, which gives investigators cause to wonder whether the attack on the barracks was as random as it might have seemed."

It is not clear in my mind if this "planed" attack was for revenge of a perceived injustice to Eric or his brother Michael? It is very hard for me to overlook this coincidence. While Trooper Douglass survived; is it possible that he was the intended target? Eric, the crack shot, did not miss Cpl. Bryon Dickson or Trooper Douglass; but he did miss Police communications officer Nicole Palmer. Nicole Palmer was bent over Cpl. Bryon Dickson and would have been a fairly easy target - but she was given a 'warning' shot.

This is just speculation and maybe we will hear more in the future? It really doesn't change anything because Eric is still a murderer as we now understand. But, it might mean; that he never wanted a war against all of our police - possibly he just had one target and used another State Policeman as a cover-up?

PS Minuteman1970; as far as I know, the search is concentrated in Barrett Township and should not affect travel through the Greentown area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 05:00 AM
 
2,656 posts, read 2,822,870 times
Reputation: 2120
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In The Daily Beast link (Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania) I have a hard time moving away from this one paragraph:

"Eric Frein apparently remained close to his older brother, Michael Frein, serving as best man at his wedding in 2006. The Standard Speaker reports that Michael Frein lives in the same housing development as Trooper Douglass, which gives investigators cause to wonder whether the attack on the barracks was as random as it might have seemed."

It is not clear in my mind if this "planed" attack was for revenge of a perceived injustice to Eric or his brother Michael? It is very hard for me to overlook this coincidence. While Trooper Douglass survived; is it possible that he was the intended target? Eric, the crack shot, did not miss Cpl. Bryon Dickson or Trooper Douglass; but he did miss Police communications officer Nicole Palmer. Nicole Palmer was bent over Cpl. Bryon Dickson and would have been a fairly easy target - but she was given a 'warning' shot.

This is just speculation and maybe we will hear more in the future? It really doesn't change anything because Eric is still a murderer as we now understand. But, it might mean; that he never wanted a war against all of our police - possibly he just had one target and used another State Policeman as a cover-up?

PS Minuteman1970; as far as I know, the search is concentrated in Barrett Township and should not affect travel through the Greentown area.
I've also wonder about rumored link between Douglass and shooter's brother. Maybe there is something there, but I think (maybe?) officials denied this earlier... though who knows truth yet?

If this was true, why would he shoot the other man first? Even it was done to 'cover the true target' (Douglass?), how could he be sure he'd get a shot at him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2014, 05:07 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,162 posts, read 10,580,292 times
Reputation: 9317
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I've also wonder about rumored link between Douglass and shooter's brother. Maybe there is something there, but I think (maybe?) officials denied this earlier... though who knows truth yet?

If this was true, why would he shoot the other man first? Even it was done to 'cover the true target' (Douglass?), how could he be sure he'd get a shot at him?
Possibly a mistaken ID at night? Or he was sure that Douglass would come to the aid of Cpl. Dickson? I don't know - just I don't like coincidence. The Blooming Grove barracks was a ways to travel for somebody that held a grudge against all police.

It would be great to have the answers. But that might never happen. There is a good chance that Frein will end up dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top