U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:47 AM

151 posts, read 140,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
This guy's probably either long gone from the area or dead somewhere in a cave by his own hand.
I'll vote for, 'long gone'; but not before Frein set up and orchestrated one of the cleverest trickster pranks that has ever been pulled on Pennsylvania law enforcement; i.e.: the cheap old rifle, foreign cigarettes, and dirty diaper that he, 'salted' throughout the woods around his home.

Frein must have been planning this, 'cop mind-f.... ' for years! I think it's time for Pennsylvania law enforcement to stop overreacting, and start playing the game on Frein's level. Personally, I think he had help, carefully planned everything out, and then left a string of B.S. clues behind in order to taunt those same civil agencies which he, so obviously, hates.

I think this guy is going to do everything possible in order to avoid being taken alive. I, also, suspect that the shooting isn't over yet; and, when law enforcement finally does catch up with him, Frein will go down fighting. Where will the final event take place? Well ....... from all outward appearances either, here, in this country in someplace like Idaho; or, maybe, outside this country in some other place, like say, Canada or Serbia.

PS: How, the hell, does this twisted psycho's behavior and actions reflect poorly upon either Pocono Mountain, or Stroudsburg High Schools' outstanding riflery teams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 07:14 AM

13,402 posts, read 10,740,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware Davy View Post
PS: How, the hell, does this twisted psycho's behavior and actions reflect poorly upon either Pocono Mountain, or Stroudsburg High Schools' outstanding riflery teams?
I proudly shot on Pocono Mountain's Rifle Team for four years. That was in 1960 to 1964. We liked to think of ourselves as being trained to protect our community - if the need would ever arise. Such as: military, law enforcement or whatever. Frein's actions go against all of our training and belief's. He violated our first commandment: Never point a weapon, loaded or unloaded, at anybody.

I do think there is some connection between Trooper Douglas, Eric, Michael Frein or Michael Frien's wife. It is just too much coincidence that Eric's brother and wife lived in the same development as one of his targets. This could easily be a case of revenge instead of hatred for all police - but this is only speculation. It also never justifies taking anybody's life.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Wow! Now THAT is news! (Kind 'a puts things in a different, more comprehensible, light too.)

When Eric Frein dumped that Jeep in the pond he was, very deliberately, leaving a silent message and huge clue behind. He might have been high; he might have been doped up; or straightforwardly overexcited; but, he made absolutely no effort to cover up his involvement in the sniper shooting at the barracks: e.g., why did he leave his driver's license, and several spent shell casings behind? (It makes no sense!)

I, also, find it curious that Frein, somehow, managed to cover so much ground so fast! Law enforcement was already looking for Frein in and around Price Township the very next day! I can't believe Frein was able to traverse that much heavily wooded, rough terrain, IN THE DARK!

If your interesting supposition, and my aroused suspicions are correct, or largely correct, then there is a lot more to the relationship between the two Frein brothers than presently meets the eye. (Talk about material for a TV special with strong prurient interest! THIS event has all the makings.)

Old 09-26-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Wow! Now THAT is news! (Kind 'a puts things in a different, more comprehensible, light too.)

When Eric Frein dumped that Jeep in the pond he was, very deliberately, leaving a silent message and huge clue behind. He might have been high; he might have been doped up; or straightforwardly overexcited; but, he made absolutely no effort to cover up his involvement in the sniper shooting at the barracks: e.g., why did he leave his driver's license, and several spent shell casings behind? (It makes no sense!)

I, also, find it curious that Frein, somehow, managed to cover so much ground so fast! Law enforcement was already looking for Frein in and around Price Township the very next day! I can't believe Frein was able to traverse that much heavily wooded, rough terrain, IN THE DARK!

If your interesting supposition, and my aroused suspicions are correct, or largely correct, then there is a lot more to the relationship between the two Frein brothers than presently meets the eye. (Talk about material for a TV special with strong prurient interest! THIS event has all the makings.)
I did not make that much out of the abandoned Jeep - other than it was a major mistake for Frein. That night was only three nights after the full moon. My feeling is that he was trying to distance himself as much as possible and simply got the Jeep stuck. He was probably driving without lights. The man that found the jeep said it looked like an accident. As far as cards and other evidence left in the Jeep; I think he panicked - he knew that he needed distance and he did not want to use the flashlight; that might have attracted attention. He had to anticipate the massive search and use of high tech to try to apprehend him. Besides; the Jeep in itself would have been enough evidence to point the police in the right direction (the driver's license and SS card were not needed).

By the way does anybody remember the weather for Friday night the 12th? I tried to pull up archives - but my Google didn't work that good or I did not ask the right way! At least I found out that the full moon was on the 9th.

PS I just wanted to toss in this up-to-date WNEP link about today's press conference: http://wnep.com/2014/09/26/state-pol...-evade-police/. In that they claim: "Troopers also are working to dispel rumors that Frein’s brother or sister-in-law who lives in Olyphant had been friends with Trooper Alex Douglass who was injured in the attack."

Last edited by fisheye; 09-26-2014 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-26-2014, 11:55 PM

316 posts, read 305,928 times
Quote:
I'll vote for, 'long gone'; but not before Frein set up and orchestrated one of the cleverest trickster pranks that has ever been pulled on Pennsylvania law enforcement; i.e.: the cheap old rifle, foreign cigarettes, and dirty diaper that he, 'salted' throughout the woods around his home.

Frein must have been planning this, 'cop mind-f.... ' for years! I think it's time for Pennsylvania law enforcement to stop overreacting, and start playing the game on Frein's level. Personally, I think he had help, carefully planned everything out, and then left a string of B.S. clues behind in order to taunt those same civil agencies which he, so obviously, hates.

I think this guy is going to do everything possible in order to avoid being taken alive. I, also, suspect that the shooting isn't over yet; and, when law enforcement finally does catch up with him, Frein will go down fighting. Where will the final event take place? Well ....... from all outward appearances either, here, in this country in someplace like Idaho; or, maybe, outside this country in some other place, like say, Canada or Serbia.
I think he's dead and his body won't be found for quite a while. It's been two weeks. If there was gonna be this massive shootout, it would've happened by now. I really think that he most likely committed suicide within the first week. As I said before, he probably did it in some cave or some other extremely well-hidden area where he knew his body might never be found. That would be the ultimate middle finger he could possibly give to law enforcement: Let em' look for him forever and look like bigger fools with each passing day while he rots, draining untold amounts of resources and manpower in the process.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
I think he's dead and his body won't be found for quite a while. It's been two weeks. If there was gonna be this massive shootout, it would've happened by now. I really think that he most likely committed suicide within the first week. As I said before, he probably did it in some cave or some other extremely well-hidden area where he knew his body might never be found. That would be the ultimate middle finger he could possibly give to law enforcement: Let em' look for him forever and look like bigger fools with each passing day while he rots, draining untold amounts of resources and manpower in the process.
There is plenty of quick mud/sand and floating vegetation over deep swamps in the area between Blooming Grove and his home. One false step and you could disappear forever - you don't need a cave. Not only that, but if you did disappear in those wetlands; our police probably could not get permits from the DEP to drain or excavate!

By the way, as far as survival; some people still have crops growing in gardens - we have not had our first frost yet. Many apple trees still have apples. Frein would not even have to break into a house - he could simply help himself to the trees and homeowner gardens on his path. Of course that will change with the weather getting colder. It will also be harder to hide when there are no leaves on the trees. Then, when the snow comes; foot tracks will be clearly visible from a distance or from the air. With those colder temperatures we will also have hunters in our woods.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:07 AM

'The news' really isn't worth all that much, nowadays - Is it! I've been thinking about what fisheye said: Two brothers; one with a wife that's, possibly, been compromised; one brother's gone missing; (Because that's exactly what's happened to Eric Frein.) and all of the evidence linking Eric to the actual event, itself, is entirely circumstantial - even bizarre!

I have to wonder: What kind of idiot shoots two police officers and, then, leaves: His driver's license, the parent's vehicle, and several spent shell casings only a few miles away from the scene of the crime? (Were the driver's license and spent cases gift wrapped or, maybe, tied up with a bright red satin bow?)

Remember the very public suicide of Pennsylvania State Treasurer Bud Dwyer? The strongest evidence against Dwyer came from files found on his office computer. The problem was (and remains) that nobody was ever able to prove Dwyer, himself, placed or used those files on his computer; and, in the months and weeks before he died, Dwyer repeatedly asserted that: (1) The incriminating files weren't his; and (2) his state-owned computer was unlocked, unguarded, and readily available to numerous other people in his office!

Well, ....... I tend to think of the files on Eric Frein's computer in, pretty much, the same way. These incriminating files might be Frein's; or only some of the files may belong to Eric; and other of these files might belong to someone else? The possibility, also, exists that all of these files might belong, in their entirety, to someone else? NOBODY REALLY KNOWS!

There is no preponderance of evidence against Eric Frein, himself, from the shooting at the Blooming Grove barracks! The ONLY IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE that's been presented, so far, indirectly links several of Eric's (or his parent's) personal possessions to the barracks shooting - Nothing else!

If I were playing, 'Sherlock Holmes' on this one, I'd want to take a very close look at BOTH the Frein brothers, instead of only the one who's missing. (Again, because that's exactly what's happened to Eric - He's missing.)

The more I think about all of the news reports I've seen and heard, the more, 'the pieces of the puzzle' just don't seem to fit together properly; and, for many years, I was a professional investigator - A very good one, just, not the criminal kind.

Last edited by Delaware Davy; 09-27-2014 at 06:18 AM..

Old 09-27-2014, 07:41 AM

3,697 posts, read 3,296,608 times
Not every detail makes the news. One may hear something from someone who lives in the search area and then expect to see it on the news. When one doesn't see it on the news, one thinks, "Hmm, maybe the police want that detail kept quiet".

Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 PM

316 posts, read 305,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Not every detail makes the news. One may hear something from someone who lives in the search area and then expect to see it on the news. When one doesn't see it on the news, one thinks, "Hmm, maybe the police want that detail kept quiet".
I just read an article about the speculation regarding a possible affair involving the sister-in-law.
I really hate to say it but if your wife has an affair with a Pennsylvania state trooper, the best thing to do is forfeit everything in the divorce and move to another state never to return. If not, your life is gonna become a living hell.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:10 AM

314 posts, read 445,234 times
I do agree with sicksburgh. How bout if the cops know aprox where he is, but are waiting him out?
Who would walk up to him when he has a scoped high power rifle and knows how to use it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania