U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 AM

3,680 posts, read 3,262,911 times

Advertisements

I just heard Eastburg schools and Head Start are on lockdown. Pocono Record online has no word on it.

I have to assume it's the nut running around in the woods. They were looking for him yesterday at ESU.

ESU is not on lockdown today.

Kinda frustrating not being able to get info at my fingertips!

My personal feeling is that he's already offed himself out there somewhere but until they find the body they have to keep looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 11:46 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,831,342 times
Yeah, that's what we think too (that he's dead somewhere).

I'm checking Twitter and see that Eldred and Sullivan West school districts in NY are also supposedly locked down for a Frein sighting. It was posted 15 minutes ago at 12:30-ish.

Any more info on EASD? Should I be pulling my kid from ND?

Everyone is jumpy.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:55 AM

update from NY local newspaper:

UPDATE (12:45 p.m.): Tri-Valley Central School District is also keeping students indoors today.
A morning report that suspected police killer Eric Frein was spotted along the Delaware River corridor has proven untrue, but both the Sullivan West and Eldred central school districts are currently following lockout procedures.

According to Eldred Central School District Superintendent Robert Duford and Sullivan West Central School District Superintendent Dr. Nancy Hackett, both districts were notified this morning that suspected police killer Eric Frein was spotted along the Delaware.
However, Sullivan County Undersheriff Eric Chaboty said an investigation revealed the report to be unfounded.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:33 PM

13,208 posts, read 10,607,078 times
I have been following this case pretty close. I grew up in Canadensis. I belong to a hunting camp in between the shooter's house and the Blooming Gove police station. I also shot on Pocono Mountain's rifle team. Pocono Mountain turned out many fine shooters - many of which have served their Country with pride and honor. So this is a black eye on the good work that was done by the shooting team.

Very shortly PA hunting seasons will start. There is a good chance that guy is holding up in one of the many hunting cabins. So all of this is a concern. I don't think that any archery hunters want to run into this nut case running around woods.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
Yeah, that's what we think too (that he's dead somewhere).

I'm checking Twitter and see that Eldred and Sullivan West school districts in NY are also supposedly locked down for a Frein sighting. It was posted 15 minutes ago at 12:30-ish.

Any more info on EASD? Should I be pulling my kid from ND?

Everyone is jumpy.
I think they are just being overly cautious. Maybe the "lockdown" which keeps kids from going out for gym class and recess, is a precautionary measure and not related to any specific sighting.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:45 PM

From my hubby: Not a lockdown. They're just actually monitoring the kids in the e-burg district for a change. As per the phone call to the board.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
From my hubby: Not a lockdown. They're just actually monitoring the kids in the e-burg district for a change. As per the phone call to the board.
Well, that's good! My better half texted me earlier that Head Start was "on lockdown", and when I asked why she just said "cause the schools are".

Old 09-18-2014, 09:40 PM

Update: East Stroudsburg schools, plus Notre Dame, closed Friday September 19 due to "increased police activity". Crazy stuff. Hope they get him.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:31 AM

9,483 posts, read 10,727,153 times
strangely, last night I dreamed that he was found in the woods, dead from a self inflicted gun shot wound.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
strangely, last night I dreamed that he was found in the woods, dead from a self inflicted gun shot wound.
If only...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania