U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 05:09 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,155,383 times

Advertisements

if anyone has any photos of the bar that used to stand at the corner of mundy street and spring street in wilkes-barre please send them my way. the bar closed in 1985 and is now a jiffy lube. the bar was opened by my grandfather, it was called farrell's bar and grill
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 06:21 PM

9,482 posts, read 11,329,032 times
I don't have any pics, sorry - but I remember the place.from passing by. I often ate at the Pizza II East right up the road. Good luck on getting those photos!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
I don't have any pics, sorry - but I remember the place.from passing by. I often ate at the Pizza II East right up the road. Good luck on getting those photos!
i vaguely remember pizza II. i was only 4 going on 5 when my parents closed the bar and we moved to bear creek.

Didn't they move to plains? are they still around?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Yes, my mom tells me it has moved. The pizza was fried and had a very crispy crust.

What a coinkydink -

I, too, moved to bear creek when I was 5. Went to Bear Creek Elementary - now the charter school. I graduated from Coughlin in 1990.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, my mom tells me it has moved. The pizza was fried and had a very crispy crust.

What a coinkydink -

I, too, moved to bear creek when I was 5. Went to Bear Creek Elementary - now the charter school. I graduated from Coughlin in 1990.
i was 9 years behind you, graduated in '99. went to BC elem, Plains jr high and Coughlin.

i'm thinking you may have gone to W-B twp for your Jr high?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 PM

OMG! yep, closed long ago.

I feel old!!

Do you prefer desert living to Pocono living?

Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
OMG! yep, closed long ago.

I feel old!!

Do you prefer desert living to Pocono living?
both. i love the desert scenery, and i'm into cars. arizona has a very lax vehicle code and no annual inspection. plus there is no rust here.

i love the warm winters, but i miss the snow a little. love the lack of humidity but get a little grumpy when the temperature stays above 105 for weeks on end.

my favorite part of arizona is how every type of scenery is a close drive. deserts, pine trees, oak trees and grassy meadows can all be seen in a few hour drive. i'm dying to get up north and see some elk, and the are hundreds of thousands of acres of national forest to enjoy. fishing, hunting, boating, 4 wheeling and hiking are all available, state funded and supported.

i miss my hometown for the good food, the feeling of the first warm day after a long winter, and the security i felt there. i miss being able to hop in a car and head any direction to discover a small old town with some sort of neat shoppes or history. arizona is so expansive you really need to preplan a trip to avoid running out of fuel. i never cared for fall, i miss the first few snow storms but i used to hate the bitter cold.

to me the grass is green on both sides of the fence, and i wouldn't mind having a house in each. my soon to be wife and i plan on taking some traveling nurse assignments to see the entire country before we decide where to settle. we both love travel and we each have a nomad spirit, so we are really looking forward to the change of scenery every few months

Old 01-05-2009, 02:24 PM

Bump. Going through some of my old threads, so i figured i would give this a nudge. Hopefully one of our newer members will have something.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM

looks like we have some new regulars around here, perhaps some of them have some new info to offer

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 AM

19,696 posts, read 12,065,195 times
can't help with the photos but a couple of suggestions:

(if you haven't already)

most counties and some bigger towns have historical societies. If W-B itself doesn't have one (I'd be surprised of they don't) what ever county it's in might. Might have to Google to get the name/address

probably a long shot, but the local VFW

even an ad in the local paper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania