Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 20,054 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'm new here..(to the forums, not NEPA.. Been here all 26 years of my life. Old Forge born and raised) Stumbled upon the forums while searching for information for our upcoming wedding. That leads me to my question, can anyone tell me what the area is like around the Tripp House, in terms of appearance. Im sure Ive passed it more times than I can count, but I never noticed it.

The house and grounds its on look beautiful from pictures. Im just concerned as to what the area looks like around it.. N. Main St has some iffy areas. I will be taking a ride down whenever I get some time, but any info is appreciated!

Also, any info/opinions on coopers catering would be appreciated!

Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
I'm sure someone who knows about the Tripp House will respond soon.
It sure looks quite nice on line, and also it is very reasonable..........
I hope you get your answers soon.
If not, you shouldn't be all that far to take a nice ride to it. I'd check about visiting the caterers at the same time.
Looks like you have come upon a great find. I'd be interested to know some of these facts partywise. We are always needing a place to hold something or another.........
Best of Luck to You...........

Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Its not a bad area. Its mostly well-kept, simple middle class homes in the immediate neighborhood, plus a flower shop and a fire station. Not a bad area at all. Fairly busy with traffic, though, as its right by the intersection with the North Scranton Expressway.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFKittee View Post

Also, any info/opinions on coopers catering would be appreciated!

Thank you very much
Coopers food is generally pretty good (but pricey), but I've never had any catering done by them. The Villa Maria Italian Restaurant in West Side has excellent catering (their Villa Maria II location on Washburn Street has a very nice banquet hall) and the food is excellent and reasonably priced.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:01 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
I actually have a photo of the Tripp House saved from my Hyde Park photo tour. As ConorsDad said this stretch of North Main Avenue is in a middle-class residential neighborhood, but it is a bit noisy due to the proximity to the North Scranton Expressway.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
As you can see from the bottom photo, there was some sort of one-story commercial business right next-door to the home (it might have been a florist actually), and those billboards along the lower-left-hand side of the photo are along the North Scranton Expressway.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM

4 posts, read 20,054 times
Well, my fiance contacted Tripp house today and set up an appointment for next saturday afternoon. The woman he spoke with was extremely nice and took the time to answer ALL of my inane questions. She was very upfront and said the tripp house can accomodate no more than 100 people (which is perfect for us) She suggested we go up any time and look into the windows to see the place, if we would like. So we did.. and happened upon another employee who was waiting for another couple to show and offered to take us through the house. It was incredible. The amount of space and the beauty of the home itself is worth way more than what they charge. Its a very unique space for this area and Im really excited!! Thank you all for your help!! What a relief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania