Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Maybe people just need to realize that everyone can have their own opinion on what they think is "better". I've gone to Cooper's for over 30 years and have had some great dinners there. I could really care less that anyone famous was there (in fact, in the case of the Clinton's, it would be more of a deterrent!). My kids enjoy Red Lobster, so we also dine there quite frequently. There is absolutely no reason why both restaurants can't be enjoyed without making people feel like they are "wrong" for choosing one over the other.
No, I wasn't saying you can't enjoy both. I've been to Cooper's many times myself and I personally think Red Lobster is better. I would never want you to stop going to Cooper's if you like it. A lot of us on here think it's a bit "overrated" and a novelty to people outside of the city. I do agree with you that with the Clintons it would be more of a deterrent. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I actually have a copy of Cooper's recipe for crab bisque and make it all the time (with real crab, of course). It tastes almost identical to what I have ordered many times at Cooper's restaurant. Unless the "young waitress" or your "close friend" were in the kitchen preparing the soup, how would they even know?
Yep. First two posts to an almost 18 month old dead thread, posting third hand information, ragging on Coopers. Forgive me for not taking it seriously, Mr. Seafoodking. Was it this week that they laid you off, or was it a while ago?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Yep. First two posts to an almost 18 month old dead thread, posting third hand information, ragging on Coopers. Forgive me for not taking it seriously, Mr. Seafoodking. Was it this week that they laid you off, or was it a while ago?
Sounds like a disgruntled ex-employee to me.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 AM

16 posts, read 53,165 times
im not a former employee of coopers and dont get me wrong coopers is still my favorite place to eat, when my grandfather died we took the whole funeral party to coopers afterwords to eat because of the great memories we have there. Ever since i was 5 years old ive been going to coopers with my family to eat. The crab bisque was my favorite thing in the whole world and when i heard they might not use real crab, well i was truly heart broken. As a child i use to beg my parents to take me there to get it all the time. i only posted that post in hope management will corect this problem if it is in fact true. Whenever someone from out of town comes to scranton i tell them to go to coopers if they want to see what scranton is all about. everything else coopers have to offer is great i was just sad when i heard this rumor. no hard feelings

Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
You'll have to excuse CHS89, he's big on snarky answers and jumping to conclusions....

Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
You'll have to excuse CHS89, he's big on snarky answers and jumping to conclusions....
You can say that again, is he ever....

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM

No need to apologize for me, I can take care of that on my own, sir. I stand by what I posted. And Ed seemed to agree, initially. Where's your apology on his behalf?

Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I think Red Lobster is awesome. I've never - in over 20 years of eating there - have had a bad meal there.

I can't say the same for Cooper's.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:14 AM

P.S., you want an apology? I apologize for assuming he was employed there at one time. SFK admitted that it's a rumor with no real confirmation. He doesn't know for sure, and it was third hand information. The bisque was admittedly his favorite thing there until he heard from a friend who heard from a waitress who has no role in its preparation. However, SFK, if you want Coopers to make a change, posting to a dead thread on a messageboard is probably the least effective way of achieving your goal.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,640,729 times
I agree they are not as good as they used to be, or could be. That's what happens when you're the only game in town.

Anybody ever try a Joe's Crab Shack?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania