Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:28 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times

Advertisements

I guess it has gotten bad on this forum when we're discussing Sherry Fanucci's ass. It is def. bigger than her brain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Well its not like we can judge her by the size of her brain or the scope of her intelligence. Making her finance chair should be interesting to say the least. I wonder who will be writing her scripts this time. For the last 3 months she has been being fed notes by text message and everything has been scripted. She cannot be trusted to think or speak on her own.
Does this woman have any sort of financial expertise as a background? Isn't she a hairdresser? It would be best to have a CPA or financial advisor on council so that he or she could do a great job as chairperson of the finance committee.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:37 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
She worked at her aunts hair salon.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times
What were the previous financial chair's qualifications?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:41 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
At least she was educated beyond empire beauty school. But then again she should be able to "cut" and "trim" next years budget, right? I know your not a fan of Janet but please don't try to compare the two.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:48 AM

I'm comparing the fact that NEITHER of them have a financial background. Evans had no more experience going into her stint than Fanucci has going into hers.

What are ANY of their qualifications, then, for the committees they're heading up? Seems to me that the committees are pretty randomly assigned on a yearly basis, not based on any qualifications at all. Otherwise, why would they rotate? You're putting way too much importance on a council title. Being named financial chair doesn't make you suddenly a fiscal genius, just like being named head of parks and recreation doesn't make you a world class fisherman.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:58 AM

You used the term "figurehead" in reference to the council presidency. Explain to me how a randomly assigned committee chair is less of a "figurehead" position.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:33 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
At least she was educated beyond empire beauty school.

An degree in education is not among the most difficult courses of study in college. In fact, I would bet its among the easiest. I have had friends who were education majors who would joke about how easy their classes were, and referred to themselves as "cut and paste" majors. They usually had more time to party than us students in more difficult majors.

Anyways, higher education does not always translate into real-world success either. I know plenty of people who are very book-smart, were honor students in school, and have the common sense of a rock.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:35 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
An degree in education is not among the most difficult courses of study in college. In fact, I would bet its among the easiest. I have had friends who were education majors who would joke about how easy their classes were, and referred to themselves as "cut and paste" majors. They usually had more time to party than us students in more difficult majors.

Anyways, higher education does not always translate into real-world success either. I know plenty of people who are very book-smart, were honor students in school, and have the common sense of a rock.
Agreed. I know of many education majors who have nearly a 4.0 for a cumulative GPA, but they're really no better off than I am with a 3.5 cumulative GPA as an accounting major. Their most rigorous courses are similar to many of my core classes. That's not saying all that much.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
I'm not even so sure that Fanucci is less intelligent than Evans. Fanucci's problem may not be her intelligence....it may be more of a maturity problem. She needs to know to keep the juvenile wisecracks in check at a public meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania