Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 07:24 PM

46 posts, read 175,322 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for any information on Effort/Brodheadsville and surrounding area. I've read through the giant post kept up by Molly and found some great info.

We are currently split between Kutztown area and ESU area, as my husband desires to go back to school at some point.

My husband and I have 3 boys. We are born and raised NJ folks, but spent our childhoods in rural areas of NJ, and would love to give our boys that experience.

For the last 15 years, we have mostly been in Northern NJ, mostly Bergen County. We love the convenience but are getting tired of the rat race and the way it seems NJ is pushing out the middle class.

Anyone with a realtor recommendation? An agent who will email rather than phone is preferred.

thanks in advance,

Britta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 PM

173 posts, read 582,447 times
I grew up in Brodheadsville and now live in Albrightsville. I operate a store in Blakeslee. Brodheadsville is a great little area, although until they fix the traffic lights at the 'center' of brodheadsville things get backed up fairly easily (the roads weren't designed to handle the amount of traffic they get). They have a few fast food places, rite aid, cvs, auto parts store, bowling ally, shoprite, mr z's, all in the center of b-ville. PV Is a good school atleast it was when i graduated 6 years ago.

I've bought two houses since i've graduated. The first i went thru Coldwell Banker in brodheadsville, the second i went thru Key Real Estate in Blakeslee. I had a good experience with both, no drama and no high pressure sales. Of course the market is different now so i can't speak to how they are selling these days.

If you have any further questions let me know. Like i said i grew up in brodheadsville so i know pretty much as regards to that area.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:38 PM

22 posts, read 54,764 times
I know a Great realtor who would e-mail if you tell him that is what you prefer. He is from remax of the poconos.. His name is mike Yannes. miky@ptd.net I am sure you will like him and he is very experienced.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,113,541 times
There was another thread on Effort not too long ago. My advise was to stay at the bottom of Effort Mt., for weather's sake. I lived in Effort, across from Heckman's Orchard's - which is right at the bottom of the mountain. Only a few miles up, it could be 5-8 degrees colder, much foggier, all in all a different world. That leaves Indian Mt. Lakes, Sierra View, Stonecrest, Sun Valley - as places to live in Effort area that would be considered on top of the mountain.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM

46 posts, read 175,322 times
Default Thanks

Thanks to those who responded. I appreciate it.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Broadheadsville is a wonderful area. Lots for the boys to do. Beltzville Lake is fun, there is a beach there for swimming. Motor boats can go out and the coves are fantastic.
The school, shopping and a wonderful large library are nearby.
For great movies to head to Regal off of 33 which has 14 shows going.
What is nice is the size of the properties, lots of land for the kids to run on........
I do know of a realtor if you need one who is very good to deal with. DM me if you need that.........Best of luck. Yes, and stay away from the high elevations.......

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,380 times
my husband and I will like to relocate to a good, safe, location for my grandson and family. looking in pa. area not to far away from nyc area. our jobs are in ny area and we will have to travel to the city everyday. can you suggest any area that has nice properties and safe neighborhoods.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:15 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Read what you can on CD about different towns and locations.
I think that to say there is no crime in places........would be unwise.
Crime is just about everywhere you turn. I see it when I am in SC for the winters......and I hear of it in all different states. Right now someone has returned home to WV because of crime at his home. Reading the news.......you realize that crime is all around. Its best to be aware of it, and avoid the most horrific places. Thats about all one can do.
Saying that..........I think some good towns are Sciota, Saylorsburg, Kunkletown, Brodheadsville. lower Effort.....towns more southern to Stroudsburg, Pa. Most of these towns have wonderful properties.
It is a long trip into the city for jobs however. It will be up to two hours in and two out ......depending on time and hours. That makes for a long day for all involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania