Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:16 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
This is a word that describes "Life in America". From Big Government Washington to rural community politics. Unfortunately where can you escape corruption? I don't want Obama Care, an Iranian Nuke Deal, and scores of other things these politicians forced on us. One large problem with APCP is not enough home owners vote for the board members. I am just here a year and have been to a few meetings but have yet to figure out who all the players are. With working full time, out of state, I cannot offer an educated answer for APCP politics. I am sure not everything that is done is for the good of the community. Why would it be... As long as we are dealing with "people" there will be greed and corruption. Politicians that get caught with their hand in the cookie jar get slaps on the wrist. I remember several years ago Mayor Sharpe of Newark, NJ caught stealing over 7 million dollars. Punishment 2 years in a cushy Federal Prison. Really??? I'd do 2 years in a hardcore prison for 7 million dollars. Crime does pay when your a politician. It always will because they refuse to give these politicians hard time.
Sarge I know that you are no big fan of the Pocono Record. I am not a fan of it in it's present form - it has no or very limited local news. I was a big fan of the Paper when it first had the local, free, online forum. What I liked about it back then was that we could question or add our input to the local news. Many times we came away with a totally different perspective than what the Paper, politicians and business community wanted us to believe. There were also cases of criminal misconduct that we got the feedback from relatives and other eye witnesses. It was a golden age for the Record; but it could also have been the start of it's decline.

Nationally there is no news today - everything has a political twist. We do not see the other side. We cannot even ask or question what we are fed. Other countries report our news better than we report our news. “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind” - a quote from long dead Jim Morrison.

Of course, like you stated, it is hard to get people involved. Everybody is too busy; they simply do not have the time.

PS At one time you stated that you wanted to go fishing. I haven't even had a chance to go back to our lake this year - no time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM

472 posts, read 778,849 times
Sadly I haven't fished since I bought the house last year. Lake is 2 blocks away n my boat leans against the shed. Life is sucking the life out of us lol.

What about the song Waiting For The World To Change? Remember this verse"
And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want"

To me one of the deepest lyrics written in a song about our corrupt country, thank you John Mayer. Our government don't trust its people. They want us to think they are doing a great job n we have nothing to worry about. It's like living with someone m one day coming home and all you stuffs gone lol. God forbid we teach our children about the constitution and their right. I see this post getting flagged but it has to be said...

Old 08-18-2015, 02:37 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
PS At one time you stated that you wanted to go fishing. I haven't even had a chance to go back to our lake this year - no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Sadly I haven't fished since I bought the house last year. Lake is 2 blocks away n my boat leans against the shed. Life is sucking the life out of us lol.

What about the song Waiting For The World To Change? Remember this verse"
And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want"

To me one of the deepest lyrics written in a song about our corrupt country, thank you John Mayer. Our government don't trust its people. They want us to think they are doing a great job n we have nothing to worry about. It's like living with someone m one day coming home and all you stuffs gone lol. God forbid we teach our children about the constitution and their right. I see this post getting flagged but it has to be said...
You guys should make it a point, a priority even ... find a way ... to get together (offline) and go fishing for a little while.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 AM

30,514 posts, read 16,213,477 times
yes, you should get together and drown some worms and solve the worlds problems.

Just for enjoyment.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
yes, you should get together and drown some worms and solve the worlds problems.

Just for enjoyment.
I am surprised they don't have laws prohibiting the drowning of worms today! That will probably be next! We will then have to use rubber worms until somebody decides that we can't use any replications! Next we will not even be able to draw pictures of worms or squiggly lines. Of course you never want to point your worm at anybody!

Sarge should try to find time to get people interested in fishing in the development. That is a positive for any community - especially if the fishing is great! If enough people are interested in fishing they can even have a stocking program.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:44 PM

30,514 posts, read 16,213,477 times
well, I won't tell PETA if you won't.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:14 AM

12 posts, read 10,648 times
I've lived in PCP for over two years. The stories online are wrong! About ten years ago there were problems, but it's a great neighborhood with great amenities and tons of activities. We are at the top of the Poconos--summer temps are 8-10 degrees cooler than "lower" areas.
Don't believe the horror stories online. Untrue!
Friendly neighbors, stunning surroundings and, for now, still affordable.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakehappy View Post
I've lived in PCP for over two years. The stories online are wrong! About ten years ago there were problems, but it's a great neighborhood with great amenities and tons of activities. We are at the top of the Poconos--summer temps are 8-10 degrees cooler than "lower" areas.
Don't believe the horror stories online. Untrue!
Friendly neighbors, stunning surroundings and, for now, still affordable.
You will make Sarge happy! Maybe you live along side of him?

Old 08-21-2015, 06:29 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You will make Sarge happy! Maybe you live along side of him?
or maybe delusional....been drinking too much of the kool-aid the community boards feeds them, loves corruption, or just is accustomed to living in areas with the same type of criminal elements found in the big cities...make's 'em feel at home I guess....

Old 08-22-2015, 09:17 AM

12 posts, read 10,648 times
No, I don't even know Sarge. No, I am not delusional. No, I'm not influenced by the Board--don't even follow the goings on.
My experience has been overwhelmingly positive. I lost my husband two years ago. The few people I know here have embraced me. Kindness and peace have been shown me.
Are there problems? I'm sure that there are some teens andothers looking for "fun". Just like every other place I've ever been. I grew up in a well-to-do neighborhood and there were issues there too. It's called the real world. Hold a magnifier up to any place and you'll find these same issues.
I'm sure that some people are racists cloaking their critisisms in code.
Our neighborhood is so quiet, we have to seek out noise, etc.
I love the fresh, cool air and looking out at the lake every morning! Enjoy, people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania