Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 07:16 PM

37 posts, read 61,485 times

Advertisements

Looking for a hotel recommendation in the Scranton or Wilkes Barre area. I am driving through on a long haul road trip and need something pet-friendly, clean, safe, fairly quiet and with well-lit parking. Also not too far off 81.

Does anyone have first hand experience at the Best Western Genatti, Lakawanna, Woodlands Inn or Residence Inn? These seem high priced but as a female traveling alone I prefer to stay in a nicer place with indoor entrances.

If you live in the area and are familiar with the neighborhoods of area hotels, please share your opinion with specifics about safety.

Also, I am curious, when did hotels start charging extra for a refrigerator in the room?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,801,345 times
I have no personal experience with this motel but it always looks fairly clean from the outside, it's right off the exit and surrounded by commercial property. This area is generally safe and this is about as isolated from it your going to get.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ec...a3f932082e62f1

It's very easy on/off 81. If you're looking for something a little more expensive there is better one next door.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:58 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,827,482 times
Look at hotels in Moosic too (Tripadvisor is always helpful). This one is supposed to be nice per friends who stayed there...BUT 'pet friendly' is a wild card. I have no idea. Ya gotta call 'em.

SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre: Suite Hotel in Moosic

Old 06-27-2015, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the recommendation from your friend, jimazee. Will check it out.

Coalman, I can google hotels all day long, but it doesn't tell me what I need to know, which is why I was very specific and asked for "first hand" experience. Thank you anyway.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,801,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrsealife View Post
Coalman, I can google hotels all day long, but it doesn't tell me what I need to know, which is why I was very specific and asked for "first hand" experience. Thank you anyway.
I didn't just Google that, I specifically looked that one up because it has what you asked for.

I'm familiar with 2 that you mentioned. Genetti's is nice but in the city of Wilkes Barre and unless you have a reason to go there.... The Woodlands is also nice but that's more of a nightlife type place with multiple bars etc. You're more likely to run into a rowdy crowd there especially if it's the weekend.

If safety is your concern the one I pointed out is probably one of the better places to stay because of it's location. Anyone in that area is going to be at the motel and the people staying there are likely to be travelers like yourself. It's well lit, inside entries etc. As a bonus there is very easy on/off I-81.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I didn't just Google that, I specifically looked that one up because it has what you asked for.

I'm familiar with 2 that you mentioned. Genetti's is nice but in the city of Wilkes Barre and unless you have a reason to go there.... The Woodlands is also nice but that's more of a nightlife type place with multiple bars etc. You're more likely to run into a rowdy crowd there especially if it's the weekend.

If safety is your concern the one I pointed out is probably one of the better places to stay because of it's location. Anyone in that area is going to be at the motel and the people staying there are likely to be travelers like yourself. It's well lit, inside entries etc. As a bonus there is very easy on/off I-81.
Thank you for the info on the Genetti and the Woodlands.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:29 PM

9 posts, read 8,107 times
The Hilton in Scranton is wonderful and is pet friendly. We have stayed there many times and it is the only place we stay when in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania