Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 PM

76 posts, read 260,954 times

Advertisements

I am a graduate student (with a graduate student's budget) and have only lived here since the late summer, so most of my "dining out" has consisted of hoagies and other portable, inexpensive fare. . .that being said, I am a major advocate of Cara Mia's on E. Drinker Street in Dunmore. Their hoagies and salads are delicious, as are their soups. I have yet to try their pizzas, because I am always in a rush when I go there, but I am sure they are excellent.

For fine dining, my favorite is Carmen's.

For Thai, I like Thai Rak Thai (and they are so friendly there).

While I am not overly impressed with the menu at Brixx, I have to admit that their B Be Bee Burger is tasty. I think Paul has mentioned it before. It's peppercorn-crusted, blackened and comes with Bleu Cheese and bacon, and it has such a nice, salty bite to it with just enough heat.

Hopefully in future months I can sample some of the restaurants you all have mentioned. I am a foodie and count going out to eat among my hobbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:54 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishLASSIE333 View Post
While I am not overly impressed with the menu at Brixx, I have to admit that their B Be Bee Burger is tasty. I think Paul has mentioned it before. It's peppercorn-crusted, blackened and comes with Bleu Cheese and bacon, and it has such a nice, salty bite to it with just enough heat.
YES!!! That is one of the primary reasons that I keep going back there. If they ever remove it from their menu, I just might have to remove Brixx from my list.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Rossi's, Archbald (Italian)
Villa Maria, West Scranton (Italian)
La Tolteca, Wilkes-Barre (Mexican)
Revello's, Old Forge (pizza)
The Banshee, Downtown Scranton (Irish pub)
Windsor Inn, Jermyn (hot wings)

Just some of my favorites. As you can see, I'm not much into fancy dining.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 AM

24 posts, read 83,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
1.) Damenti's, Mountain Top (Fine Dining)
2.) Theo's Metro, Kingston (Greek)
3.) Thai Thai, Downtown Wilkes-Barre (Thai)
4.) Mambo Italiano, Dupont (Italian)
5.) Brixx, Downtown Scranton (Pub Food)
SWB- how are the prices at these restaurants? These are all my favorite kinds of foods and I'd love to try them!!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
I've never been to Sibio's. Would that have a shot at this list?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:16 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
I've never been to Sibio's either, but many people have told me its overrated and overpriced.

Just up the street on Blakely St in Dunmore, Ragnacci's has very good food, and decent prices too.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 AM

23 posts, read 253,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I've never been to Sibio's either, but many people have told me its overrated and overpriced.
I'd have to agree with this. It's been a couple years since I've been to Sibio's, but to me, it's the same standard Italian-American fare you can get elsewhere for a better price.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 AM

23 posts, read 253,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishLASSIE333 View Post
I am a graduate student (with a graduate student's budget) and have only lived here since the late summer, so most of my "dining out" has consisted of hoagies and other portable, inexpensive fare. . .that being said, I am a major advocate of Cara Mia's on E. Drinker Street in Dunmore. Their hoagies and salads are delicious, as are their soups. I have yet to try their pizzas, because I am always in a rush when I go there, but I am sure they are excellent.

For fine dining, my favorite is Carmen's.

For Thai, I like Thai Rak Thai (and they are so friendly there).

Hopefully in future months I can sample some of the restaurants you all have mentioned. I am a foodie and count going out to eat among my hobbies.
Cara Mia really does do things right. Good call.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM

76 posts, read 260,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexcye View Post
Cara Mia really does do things right. Good call.
Thanks! I think the freshness and quality of their ingredients really set C.M.'s apart, and their prices are so reasonable! I had lunch from there today, a genoa salami sandwich on their Crispy Italian Roll with fresh mozzarella, and it was under $5! For a foot-long sub literally STUFFED with quality ingredients (plus chips and a pickle) to be four some-odd dollars is a great deal in my book, especially considering that a "comparable" sandwich from Subway would be several dollars more and made with 2 measly triangles of cheese and sub-par meat.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
Nominating Torte Knox in Hawley, and Goodfello's in W. Pittston. These are two restaurants that could easily compete with the finest in the world. Goodfello's is Italian. Torte Knox is tougher to peg down, very creative food and a very creative chef that often prepares meals flamboyantly in her "food theatre" so everyone can watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania