Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 0 0%
No 6 100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:47 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times

Advertisements

"This is the same person who spent a decade with her husband campaigning for NAFTA, and now goes around saying she's opposed to NAFTA," Obama said, referring to the North American Free Trade Agreement, which is widely unpopular among blue-collar voters.

"What I was saying is that when economic hardship hits in these communities, what people have is they've got family, they've got their faith, they've got the traditions that have been passed onto them from generation to generation," Obama said at the forum, which was televised on CNN. "Those aren't bad things. That's what they have left."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are statements Obama made this weekend after his initial statement a few days ago about small town America. The point is Hillary is no better. She can't relate to blue-collar middle class Americans when she and her husband have raked in $109 million in 9 years. Who is this woman kidding? She may try to trick the other sheep, but she won't pull the wool over my eyes. And once again she's waffling about NAFTA as Obama pointed out. I'm not falling for her
rhetoric and I hope she doesn't get the nomination. And the way Doherty follows her around like a puppy dog is sickening.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
Wow what an elitist scum Barack Obama is.... he's sunk. He claims that people in small town PA and other states are clinging to guns and religion because we're depressed about the rust belt economy
He said that some do.

And it's true.

Old 04-29-2008, 01:56 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
I think its funny and sad that gas will over $4.00 by memorial day and that Exxon posted over $40,000,000,000 in profits last year....That was the single largest profit in one year for a American owned company in HISTORY!!!!!!!!

Bush's answer......Lets start drilling in ANWR... Sure instaed of regulating these companies and their record breaking profits we should go and destroy the last remaining Arctic wildlife and wilderness area for more oil.......

I can't wait till he is gone, anyone would be a better president. Actually my 9yr old should run, it would be an improvement.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
I think its funny and sad that gas will over $4.00 by memorial day and that Exxon posted over $40,000,000,000 in profits last year....That was the single largest profit in one year for a American owned company in HISTORY!!!!!!!!

Bush's answer......Lets start drilling in ANWR... Sure instaed of regulating these companies and their record breaking profits we should go and destroy the last remaining Arctic wildlife and wilderness area for more oil.......

I can't wait till he is gone, anyone would be a better president. Actually my 9yr old should run, it would be an improvement.
Agreed Dan. I just don't think Hillary will be any better. I'm not so sure about Obama either, but I think he's the lesser of the two evils.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Donald Duck for prez.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Donald Duck for prez.
And Goofy as his running mate for Vice-President.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Dan Hubbard for president? (Or have you not the hubris?!)

Old 04-30-2008, 07:41 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I'm not so sure about Obama either, but I think he's the lesser of the two evils.
Ah, an "independent."

What I like to call the "mushy middle." A lot of these people tend to vote on things like how Gore sighs too much, how Bush sounds "like a regular guy," and how Kerry "windsurfs.... must be an elitist!" That said, there have been huge substantive differences between Bush and Gore, Bush and Kerry, and now McCain and Obama. If you don't believe that, you're either a Marxist (both candidates embrace free market capitalism although to different ends), a Libertarian (both candidates embrace the power of government although to different ends), or uninformed (bah, why bother to educate myself about policy differences?).

This time however, the differences are even greater now that we have a Presidential candidate willing to embrace universal health care and other formerly untouchable liberal policy goals. So if by "lesser of two evils" you mean "starkly different candidates with starkly different policy proposals," you would be right.

But no one cares about policy differences right?

That's too much work!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Here's my choice for president:

Political/Off-Topic sticky chat thread-ecd1_1.jpg

Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Ah, an "independent."

What I like to call the "mushy middle." A lot of these people tend to vote on things like how Gore sighs too much, how Bush sounds "like a regular guy," and how Kerry "windsurfs.... must be an elitist!" That said, there have been huge substantive differences between Bush and Gore, Bush and Kerry, and now McCain and Obama. If you don't believe that, you're either a Marxist (both candidates embrace free market capitalism although to different ends), a Libertarian (both candidates embrace the power of government although to different ends), or uninformed (bah, why bother to educate myself about policy differences?).

This time however, the differences are even greater now that we have a Presidential candidate willing to embrace universal health care and other formerly untouchable liberal policy goals. So if by "lesser of two evils" you mean "starkly different candidates with starkly different policy proposals," you would be right.

But no one cares about policy differences right?

That's too much work!
Look who you're lecturing. Better off talking to a wall. This is a kid who's got an "I agree, Dan" key on his keyboard. You think mercury is dense?

There's only one reason he's voting for Obama (namely, that Scranton's mayor supports Clinton) and frankly, the rest of the country is better off if he and others like him didn't vote if that's the extent of their "reasoning".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania