Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,217 times

Advertisements

Is Wall Street West really going to happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:48 AM

620 posts, read 2,047,304 times
It may or may not, but I think the nature of Wall Street West is such that it will not create very many jobs outside of the initial construction of the infrastructure. The Wall Street white collar jobs will stay in NY, and the "West" will be a data mine.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,980,450 times
marcfrompa. Deep breath......it will be ok. Overgeneralizations don't bode too well, they put up with a lot more outsiders on a daily basis in NY than you do in PA. Right?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:48 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,110,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfrompa View Post
Just one more place for the New Yorkers to come and exploit.Why do new yorkers all follow each other like sheep?Can't you people think for yourselves?Why do you all have to do what everyone else is doing.You people have absolutely no originality.You all need constant reassurance.Do new yorkers ask permission before they take a crap?The buzz around new york is the whole "pocono" thing.Did you ever hear of "upstate new york"?Apparently new yorkers take the easy route and move to the poconos because they can't afford anywhere else.Lucky us.How pathetic you paople are.And to think you feel entitled to argue with local PA people regarding anything.You're a very sad group of people.
Wow you are a angry one aren't you. O.k let me let you in on some facts since you already knocked New Yorkers. First of all I am a New Yorker, just retired from NYC law enforcement and chose to buy in NEPA. As far as we can't afford to live anywhere else, do you know how expensive it is to have a home in NY and to live in NY, oh, BY THE WAY I have both a home in NY and PA. If you can afford to live in NY you can afford anywhere, Sad group,Pathetic? what does that mean, I now have to be totally frank, lets face it New Yorkers make a lot more money than people from PA, and have an up scale lifestyle than folks in PA,The jobs and the real money is in NY, We
get blamed for all the crime, we brought drugs up there, the drugs were already there by the locals, what happened is the drug dealers from NY,NJ,Philly, found a new supply and demand from all you local folk, You should be grateful people from NY come out there to, buy homes, invest in land, stores, business, pay tax, put money into the community, all the people I know who own homes in PA have made some sort of investment into storefront, etc. what are the locals doing, mowing lawns and getting drunk!
I hate to even respond like that because everyone I met out here and my neighbors are great, but these statements you made are really out of line!
I hope you learned something from this, I don't take it personal, I just feel sorry for people when they don't know any better, I guess you like living in a depressed state, trying to knock people from coming out there for a better life and being productive and positive...

Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 PM

937 posts, read 2,877,330 times
Wink I couldn't have said it better

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Wow you are a angry one aren't you. O.k let me let you in on some facts since you already knocked New Yorkers. First of all I am a New Yorker, just retired from NYC law enforcement and chose to buy in NEPA. As far as we can't afford to live anywhere else, do you know how expensive it is to have a home in NY and to live in NY, oh, BY THE WAY I have both a home in NY and PA. If you can afford to live in NY you can afford anywhere, Sad group,Pathetic? what does that mean, I now have to be totally frank, lets face it New Yorkers make a lot more money than people from PA, and have an up scale lifestyle than folks in PA,The jobs and the real money is in NY, We
get blamed for all the crime, we brought drugs up there, the drugs were already there by the locals, what happened is the drug dealers from NY,NJ,Philly, found a new supply and demand from all you local folk, You should be grateful people from NY come out there to, buy homes, invest in land, stores, business, pay tax, put money into the community, all the people I know who own homes in PA have made some sort of investment into storefront, etc. what are the locals doing, mowing lawns and getting drunk!
I hate to even respond like that because everyone I met out here and my neighbors are great, but these statements you made are really out of line!
I hope you learned something from this, I don't take it personal, I just feel sorry for people when they don't know any better, I guess you like living in a depressed state, trying to knock people from coming out there for a better life and being productive and positive...
Ditto!! I agree with you. It's pretty childish to hate people from another place, isn't it?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,110,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
Ditto!! I agree with you. It's pretty childish to hate people from another place, isn't it?
thank you auntie! We should all be about Peace, Love, and tranquility, and live and let live, we should all Live well, laugh often and love much ( I bet you didn't know I was a philosopher)

Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 PM

188 posts, read 154,757 times
This is kind of Funny. This attitude floats in and out of this forum on many threads. But it probably exists everywhere, except NY because of it's size and diversity. I think that this anger exists probably for other reasons. The you ain't one of us issue is probably an excuse for the real anger issue. Kind of like when you were in school, and you get so keyed up at the pep rally that you actually believe that you are somehow different from the people at the school that you are going against that week. Who knows?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:44 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,506,715 times
Coartist, I wish you guys would have helped myself and Poconomama with all the NY bashing earlier today. Maybe you were busy. I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying. I am retired law enforcement too.

As far as Wall Street West goes.....someone mentioned a while back they were building a big financial center near Marshalls Creek. I do not know if that every materialized or not. I grew up during the 60's and 70's in the area during the summer and found the local back then to be more accepting. The ones that knock the New Yorkers are the ones that are jealous. Envy is a horrible thing and it is evident by some of the locals posting on this forum lately.

The Hat

Old 01-25-2008, 04:55 PM

188 posts, read 154,757 times
Hat & Coartist

Envy is a word that will probably get the backs up even more. Agreeing with both of you, but don't give the dogs meat. Unless you enjoy this.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:00 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,506,715 times
Yes, you are right Term, they say "ignoring" someone is the best punishment. Thanks for reminding me. I got my Italian up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania