U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
pil pil started this thread

17 posts, read 28,332 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I've made it from Oklahoma and just wanted to post a quick thanks to everyone who gave me their input on places to live in NEPA. I found a nice house to rent in the Effort area for now. So far everyone I have met has been very friendly and the whole area seems nice for the most part. Thanks again everyone, your help is appreciated!

To anyone new either moving or thinking of moving here, listen to what these folks have to say. Their knowledge of the area is spot on and very helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Status: "off the crutches but still hobbling along" (set 12 days ago)

2,644 posts, read 1,690,230 times
Good luck in your new home. I agree with you the info provided here is so helpful and honest.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:47 AM

3,756 posts, read 5,920,780 times
Hi Pil,

Good luck in NEPA and I am glad things are working out for you. Did you relo with your job?
The Hat

Old 01-26-2008, 08:57 AM

2,322 posts, read 3,514,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pil View Post
Hi everyone, I've made it from Oklahoma and just wanted to post a quick thanks to everyone who gave me their input on places to live in NEPA. I found a nice house to rent in the Effort area for now. So far everyone I have met has been very friendly and the whole area seems nice for the most part. Thanks again everyone, your help is appreciated!

To anyone new either moving or thinking of moving here, listen to what these folks have to say. Their knowledge of the area is spot on and very helpful.
good luck, feel free to ask about the areas for info on them

Old 01-26-2008, 09:16 AM

9,256 posts, read 7,956,048 times
Welcome pil!!

If you need your car fixed, you can trust Farmers Auto Repair and Dales Mt. Effort Service.

Two best diners we have are Cherry's Sunset Diner in Kresgeville and the Meadow Brook diner in Brodheadsville. (closed mondays, best best best cheeseburgers.)

Although closed for the season, Heckman's Orchards has the best people and fruits and veggies.

If you need a doctor, I do not recommend Romascavage - unless you enjoy waiting 2 to 3 hours to be seen. We leave the area for medical care.

If you have any questions or concerns, post again, I'll give you the best info I can.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Hi Pil,

Good luck in NEPA and I am glad things are working out for you. Did you relo with your job?
The Hat
Yes, I am working at the depot. So far I really enjoy my job and the work I do up there.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Welcome pil!!

If you need your car fixed, you can trust Farmers Auto Repair and Dales Mt. Effort Service.

Two best diners we have are Cherry's Sunset Diner in Kresgeville and the Meadow Brook diner in Brodheadsville. (closed mondays, best best best cheeseburgers.)

Although closed for the season, Heckman's Orchards has the best people and fruits and veggies.

If you need a doctor, I do not recommend Romascavage - unless you enjoy waiting 2 to 3 hours to be seen. We leave the area for medical care.

If you have any questions or concerns, post again, I'll give you the best info I can.
Thanks for the info on my area. I might just try one of the diners today. I have been going down to Brodheadsville if I need something. I'm right on top of the hill on 115 (not indian mountain lakes), so that area is pretty convienent.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:42 AM

3,756 posts, read 5,920,780 times
Hi Pil.

That's great and pretty soon you'll have all the ins and outs of where you are and you will help others moving into the area. I like to hear when things are going good for people. It's very exciting moving into a new area and starting fresh. I hope to be moving before summer!!

The Hat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania