Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:15 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
Honestly I wouldn't take anything Verizon even if it was free. That company has the worst customer service ever and if i had 4 hours to sit here and tell you why i'd still need more time...
We ordered more equipment and services from them and ended up throwing them out! We had been customers forever and they shipped our new router to a different address and then started billing us! Then you know how bad their customer service is; after hours I said enough is enough - you're FIRED!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 07:49 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,272 times
I've been with Verizon since back when they were known as Bell Atlantic Mobile and no one knew what a cellphone was!! This was around '92 - '93. But I gotta admit they aren't the best. But unfortunately for where I currently live no one else has service and even with Verizon I only get 2 bars on 3G service. When I first moved to the where I live we didn't get any signal AT ALL!! We had to drive (yes drive) into town to get service on our cellphones. I kept complaining on

www.deadcellzone.com

and eventually they got the message and the signal started to improve to where we can at least have a decent conversation if we needed to. I would like to move to AT&T but 1) I lose the 18% discount they give us at work 2) they don't have adequate coverage either. Neither does T-Mobile, Sprint, Cricket, StraightTalk, Consumer Cellular, or any of the other 3rd party guys. So I'll stay with them for the time being. Hopefully they expand their coverage down here in the near future.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We ordered more equipment and services from them and ended up throwing them out! We had been customers forever and they shipped our new router to a different address and then started billing us! Then you know how bad their customer service is; after hours I said enough is enough - you're FIRED!
When I fired them, they kept billing me. It took over 18 months to resolve the problem. It took months for them to stop adding monthly and overdue fees to my bill, months to have those charges removed--except, they kept billing for one month of service. They finally, finally acknowledged that I didn't owe them any money and stopped sending a bill. Four months later, I got a letter from a collection agency. Thankfully, I talked to the one person over there who knows his job and does it well. He cancelled my account, called off the dogs, and I got a check for $11.85 in the mail. I didn't expect the check.

Ship of fools.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:46 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
When I fired them, they kept billing me. It took over 18 months to resolve the problem. It took months for them to stop adding monthly and overdue fees to my bill, months to have those charges removed--except, they kept billing for one month of service. They finally, finally acknowledged that I didn't owe them any money and stopped sending a bill. Four months later, I got a letter from a collection agency. Thankfully, I talked to the one person over there who knows his job and does it well. He cancelled my account, called off the dogs, and I got a check for $11.85 in the mail. I didn't expect the check.

Ship of fools.
I think that I was talking to India? I do know that I was left on hold many times and there was a communication problem with the representatives I did speak with. It was simply too frustrating and these companies have to be reminded that our time is valuable - we do not need the aggravation. The only thing that will ever make these companies listen is to say: NO THANKS - find another sucker and leave me alone!

Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM

8,070 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Wow. I only have Verizon for the land line and our cell phones. Their customer service has always been U.S. based and efficient.

They do try to sell me Fios, though, but I always turn them down because we like that Blue Ridge Cable broadcast Mass from our church every Sunday, plus local high school sports that Fios is too big to touch. Although Fios can be used as leverage to get a temporary discount with Blue Ridge occasionally.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Wow. I only have Verizon for the land line and our cell phones. Their customer service has always been U.S. based and efficient.

They do try to sell me Fios, though, but I always turn them down because we like that Blue Ridge Cable broadcast Mass from our church every Sunday, plus local high school sports that Fios is too big to touch. Although Fios can be used as leverage to get a temporary discount with Blue Ridge occasionally.
Verizon Wireless has gotten better. I left them years ago when I had a billing problem, you guessed it, which took months to clear up.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:17 PM

8,070 posts, read 7,432,678 times
At one time they were the only carrier* that worked at my house. I carried an AT&T phone for work, very weak signal. I carried a Nextel phone, zero signal. When my sister comes to visit with her T-Mobile phone, no signal. I hear AT&T has gotten better.

*We had one of those giant 5-pound cell phones from the mid-90's from an outfit called Wireless One that worked pretty well.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:10 PM

At one place where we lived in the early 2000s, my ATT signal was great, and my husband with Verizon had to go outside often to get a clear signal. Can you hear me now? LOL

Old 10-06-2015, 09:14 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,762,371 times
We had Verizon Wires less when we first moved out here. Phones were dead unless we drove into Jim Thorpe proper. Went to AT&T and it's slightly better. Depending on where I sit with the cell I may or may not be able to send/receive texts. Phone service is nil. I actually got scared one night when the cell rang. Lol

Old 10-17-2015, 03:07 PM

22 posts, read 26,875 times
Default Moving to PA from TX- need info

:confused I'll be moving to Wilkes Barre, PA next month, from East Texas. Can anyone tell me about the schools there? The Zillow app has the high school at a 3- between 1-10.(10 being best). Also says there's fights everyday, but could be an upset parent or student. It's civilized down here, where people are friendly and care about each other. I never lock my house, or my car. I'm guessing my whole life is going to change. I'm moving with my husband since he has a dying relative and we need to be there to help with her care. I've looked in Scranton and Ashley also. Is there a decent area close to Wilkes Barre? Thanks for any honest info you can give me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania