Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 AM

188 posts, read 156,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I went to a very well known pizzeria in Old Forge, because a friend was going on and on about how good it was. So another friend and i decided to take a ride over and get some. Honestly, i could of gotten better pizza in the convenient store. It was so bad, the crust was something i never seen in my life, the sauce was just as bad and i think, but not sure it had american cheese mixed in with it. Now the one friend i went with to get the pizza is born and bred Scranton, and she even said it was horrible. I don't think people who like Old Forge are idiots, they just don't know good pizza at all. It's just the way it is.
OK Sues your were duly warned, and now you must face your penance.

Be it known from the Providence to the Pittston, and from Leggetts Gap to the Nay Aug Gap, that on this day sentence is hereby passed.

Sues, your penance for casting an insult on The Dodge of the Old Forge is that you must appear and be ready for mop duty at Buddy Clarke's at 4 am on St. Patrick's Day morn. You will be benefited at the rate of 12 pints of breaded water throughout the day, and your term will end at 4 am the next morn.

You can appeal your sentence by the purchase of one pizza from Green Ridge Pizza any time prior to St. Patrick's Day.

Yours truly the High Court of Stick to your Teeth Pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I went to a very well known pizzeria in Old Forge, because a friend was going on and on about how good it was. So another friend and i decided to take a ride over and get some. Honestly, i could of gotten better pizza in the convenient store. It was so bad, the crust was something i never seen in my life, the sauce was just as bad and i think, but not sure it had american cheese mixed in with it. Now the one friend i went with to get the pizza is born and bred Scranton, and she even said it was horrible. I don't think people who like Old Forge are idiots, they just don't know good pizza at all. It's just the way it is.
I could imagine just how bad it was. Pizza should never have American or cheddar cheese on it. Mozzarella is what makes pizza so good. I don't like cheese sticking to my teeth with that blend that OF using on theirs.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:08 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times
Terminology...Great Post!! Great sense of humor!!! Glad to see some people have a sense of humor around here!!

Oh..the cheese sticking to the teeth thing...that's what people love about it! They actually LIKE it when the cheese sticks to their teeth. So I'm told...

The one poster who posted the pictures of double crsuted pizza...while not the traditional pizza I'm used to, I must say I would definitely give that a try. It looked yummy!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:14 AM

I thought Terminology's post was quite humorous also. I mean we're talking about pizza here. This should be a light subject. It's not politics or religion. Like I LOVE PA said, we all should have more of a sense of humor on this forum.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I could imagine just how bad it was. Pizza should never have American or cheddar cheese on it. Mozzarella is what makes pizza so good. I don't like cheese sticking to my teeth with that blend that OF using on theirs.

I love the cheese sticking to my teeth and the roof of my mouth. Mozzarella is OK, but its only good when its hot out of the oven....after sitting just a little but, mozzarella becomes like a big piece of rubber.

I like both styles of pizza, but Old Forge style beats NY any day. But, I think as we can tell from this board, food is a topic that's relative....everybody has their different tastes, and life would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:39 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
Has anyone mentioned Savo's pizza in all these pizza discussions? Savo's is in Pittston, and it is square pizza (like Old Forge) but not thick and greasy, or oniony. It does have the stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth cheese. It's the kind of pizza that I get a craving for twice a year, but don't think about it otherwise. Almost a hybrid between Old Forge and NY style. A little bit.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:58 AM

I have a friend who lives in Pittston. I'll have to ask him what he thinks and if he ever had it and then I'll try it. Maybe we can finally reach a happy medium in this ongoing NY vs OF pizza war here in NEPA.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 PM

Maybe it's me...but I just don't see what all the excitement is about when you actually crave pizza cheese stuck to your teeth and roof of your mouth.
Am I missing something?
How long does it take for it to 'wear off'?

Old 02-12-2008, 04:42 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
Well, I don't think anyone really goes for that stuck-to-your-teeth sensation, it is more the flavor along with the comfort of partaking in something that is a distinct part of your local culture. I bet we could all do without the sticking. (And I, for one, could do without the onions.)

Old 02-12-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Well, I don't think anyone really goes for that stuck-to-your-teeth sensation, it is more the flavor along with the comfort of partaking in something that is a distinct part of your local culture. I bet we could all do without the sticking. (And I, for one, could do without the onions.)
I'm telling ya...I have met people who actually judge how good pizza is by how it sticks to their teeth, some people LOVE the cheese stuck to their teeth. At least that's what they tell me. I'm still trying to figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania