Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 10:35 AM

17 posts, read 36,332 times

Advertisements

I am looking at properties in the Pocono Ranchlands. I have heard about vandalism/crime issues in the general area of Bushkill, PA. Could anyone give me more specific info about Pocono Ranchlands community? How safe it is, how many vacant homes are there, are the amenities nice, do they really allow free horseback riding? Anyone live in this community? What are the things you like or dislike about the community?

Any detailed info is much appreciated! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,186 times
I have lived in the Pocono Ranchlands for 25 years. It is a wonderful community. Ive never had any problems with crime in the area. The area is beautiful, clean, surrounded by state land and abundant in wildlife as well as many lakes, streams and waterfalls. Shopping is not too far of a drive. The amenities in the Pocono Ranchlands include free horsebackriding and skiing. And the people who live here are very friendly. The real estate prices are a bargain right now due the the overall economy of the US and the taxes are the lowest in the Northeast! This is a fantastic time to buy. They are widing and repaving Milford road as i write this. The way i see it, the market is only gonna go up from here. You cant lose, its a win-win situation.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:52 PM

17 posts, read 36,332 times
Thank you pagirlfromny, we did end up buying the home in the ranchlands. We love it here and plan to spend many weekends and family vacations here. Thank you for the info about the roads and see that they are making great progress with the repaving and widing of them. So far we haven't seen any crime in the neighborhood and are pleased with how beautiful it and quiet it is here. We are so close to so many waterfalls, hiking trails and historic sites. Each time we come, we find something new and it's really been such a fun adventure for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania