Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 06:58 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,530,916 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering why some threads are here and have nothing to do with NEPA. Why aren't they moved. I had posted a thread sometime ago about how the market is and it was moved to the real estate section immediately. This forum is about NEPA events/life, etc. It is not a Counseling forum, etc. So, maybe someone out there can enlighten me about what this forum is about and the subjects that are acceptable.

Thanks,

The Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 07:06 AM

910 posts, read 2,986,161 times
Here here hat. Honestly I dont stop by as often as I used to because I need no extra drama/complaining in my life lol.
I think Yac and the others have a lot to keep on top of and sometimes just don't get here until later on, but yes, if it doesnt directly relate to the area then it shouldnt be here. Or there should be a sub-subforum for off topics.
Happy Vday everyone

Old 02-14-2008, 07:15 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,075,536 times
Why not be more specific and stop beating around the bush. Which threads don't you think have anything to do with NEPA?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 AM

620 posts, read 2,051,542 times
I think over the time this forum has been around, the individuals who post here have formed relationships and do actually care about each other. The off topic sticky was added at the top of the forum to keep all the personal stuff lumped together where it would be easy to avoid for anyone who wants to avoid it. It is taking a while for people to catch on to it, but I think that off topic sticky is where all the non-nepa related stuff should be.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:31 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,940,299 times
I for one will refrain from posting off-topic responses anywhere but the sticky. Except of course this one last time....

I truly did not realize the true nature of this form until this particular thread.

Thanks all for informing/reminding me.

BTW...since I am already typing this Happy Valentines Day to all! Tehehehehehehe

Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,075,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post

I truly did not realize the true nature of this form until this particular thread.
I call it like I see it. TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE TEHEHEHE

Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
I think over the time this forum has been around, the individuals who post here have formed relationships and do actually care about each other. The off topic sticky was added at the top of the forum to keep all the personal stuff lumped together where it would be easy to avoid for anyone who wants to avoid it. It is taking a while for people to catch on to it, but I think that off topic sticky is where all the non-nepa related stuff should be.
Mike,

I agree with you regarding the "off sticky topic" and all the other non-related NEPA stuff should be.

The Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Here here hat. Honestly I dont stop by as often as I used to because I need no extra drama/complaining in my life lol.
I think Yac and the others have a lot to keep on top of and sometimes just don't get here until later on, but yes, if it doesnt directly relate to the area then it shouldnt be here. Or there should be a sub-subforum for off topics.
Happy Vday everyone
Pocono,

You said it in a different way "DRAMA"........this is exactly what I am talking about. Happy V day to you as well.

Hat

Old 02-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,709,051 times
You guys are right. I can admit when I am wrong, and here I should have been more strict. Plus, most of the "off topic" posts appear while I am offline, so waiting a bit before complaining is a good thing . If you have any other thoughts about moderation you'd like to share, feel free to send me a DM.
Since the rule is that we don't discuss moderation on the forum, I am closing this topic.
Yac.

Last edited by Yac; 02-15-2008 at 03:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania