U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:31 PM

13,306 posts, read 12,957,014 times
I don't know if I am voting for Hillary or McCain.......but.......I will work real hard to come up with reasons to flip the switch for one or the other.
It won't have anything to do with religion. Ones religion is their own choice.....that is not what I worry about.
I worry about our safety. Many forget way to fast about the terror that came to our own USA, using our OWN transportation as a weapon.
Formost and forefront is our safety and the hopes of living in a place not destroyed by the next "surprise" group.
I want my babies safe, whether I have to put on a uniform myself.....
One thing I feel deeply about McCain right now, is that he'd keep you and I and all our children safe......
I am not one who thought that after 9/11 we should sit back, say "Oh Well," and then ......go watch TV. Something, and someone had to let the terrorist know ( at their location, not ours) that we would be dam****d to ever have another "terrorist war" on our land again.
If I could have......right then and there......I would have signed up to go after those that were going after US ( never believed for oil)
I like Hillary, but I think she is planning to leave Iraq way too fast.
On the other hand McCain might be pushing for too far out and extended.
Obama is a great speaker, quite charming......but.......I think the other two are ready for day one.
I am so glad I am not tied to one party or another.......It leaves me free to choose and I love freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 04:05 PM

620 posts, read 1,296,251 times
I'm sure they'll be both be in PA a few times before April 21...with a handful of catch phrases and handshakes, and it will excite many.

I am personally not worried about being killed by a terrorist...I don't believe in bearded men plotting my demise in a cave because they hate my American lifestyle. But, that idea is making a lot of money for some people. I'll follow the money when I make my decisions...

I will likely vote for Ron Paul. A vote for one of the two options the media gives us, in my opinion, is a wasted vote. They are all controlled by the same group of power elite. Paul is courageous enough to tell the truth, and not back down when he gets boo-ed because people don't want to hear the truth. THAT'S the kind of change I want.

If we all resign to ignoring third parties because "they have no chance", then we will never get out of this broken two-party system.

I almost laughed when I read the comment about Obama being tougher to beat than Clinton. It is hard to believe how popular that idea is. In my view a good deal of Obama's popularity is a right wing conspiracy. We've heard everything they've got on Hillary. They are keeping quiet on Obama so he gets the nomination. Then they will tell us about how he is a baby-killing, cocaine-snorting, muslim and America will turn away in fear. This does not have to be our America...the choice is up to us!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:59 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,211,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
I am personally not worried about being killed by a terrorist...I don't believe in bearded men plotting my demise in a cave because they hate my American lifestyle.
Even though these bearded men had plotted to blow up you countries embassies throughout the world, plotted to blow up the trade towers, plotted to blow up your countries ships, and regularly shout death to your countrymen, some 3,000+ probably felt likewise on the morning of 9/11. I recall that kid from PA thinking likewise; walking the streets of Iraq until they found him and video taped his decapitation. I'm betting at some point he became personally worried.

How long has it been since the caught the six taking target practice at the state game land range? Almost sounds like the Clinton admin of deny, deny, deny and claim peace.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 PM

414 posts, read 1,233,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Even though these bearded men had plotted to blow up you countries embassies throughout the world, plotted to blow up the trade towers, plotted to blow up your countries ships, and regularly shout death to your countrymen, some 3,000+ probably felt likewise on the morning of 9/11. I recall that kid from PA thinking likewise; walking the streets of Iraq until they found him and video taped his decapitation. I'm betting at some point he became personally worried.

How long has it been since the caught the six taking target practice at the state game land range? Almost sounds like the Clinton admin of deny, deny, deny and claim peace.
And yet, you know, we still don't have Osama bin Laden but we certainly have Roger Clemens right where we want him...yessirree.....what a farce, farce, farce....

Oh, and the Texan clique has culled inestimable amounts of money from the Iraq War.......fraud, fraud, fraud....

Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,211,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasPA View Post
And yet, you know, we still don't have Osama bin Laden but we certainly have Roger Clemens right where we want him...yessirree.....what a farce, farce, farce....
Should we get him because the bearded guy is plotting to kill us or is the whole thing just overblown; an Andy Pettitte type mis-recollection?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:00 PM

13,306 posts, read 12,957,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post

All the time I've been here and I haven't learned to take out a section for quoting......LOL......I was going to take that same phrase and ask why we should not believe what happened before our eyes.......
Things happened before 9/11......and I think we should have been better listeners as to what was going on. Example: flight training, the other above mentioned things....the first bombing of the towers. The flybys over the city before the horror event. Mousauai's computer being looked into right away may have saved the horror also. Quite a bit of information in the book
The Man who Knew....the story of John O'Neil.
We sat back. ( and some of this is in Clintons time, and yes......I voted for him).......
What about all that target practice going on right in our backyard?
Where are they now? The man who argued with them at the bar, stood up for his country. Those who are not afraid, this happend in Pa. close by our homes........not all that long ago.
We need to feel safe......to not take what we have for granted. At anytime something just as vial can happen again.
I believe for the honor of those in the planes, and in those towers. The people who had to hold hands and jump........that we bring this "animal " to
justice.
What happened, did happen.........we didn't make up the story. There was a War declared on our country, on wings of hate.......holding inside the people of our country who we loved. Bless them all.........
When you do vote.........vote for someone who will keep you, your children and grandkids safe. Money means nothing , if you have no country left to spend it in, or anyone left to spend it on........

Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 AM

My persepctive is from working in the media in NYC...I lived there through 9/11 as some of you may have...actually just blocks from WTC...the media fed everyone a bill of goods that was fed to them by the government. The 9/11 report is the biggest piece of garbage investigation that has ever been thrown at a citizenry and yet so few see the holes in it.

What our forefathers wanted us to remember when they designed the constitution was that no governmental body is ever to be trusted. No one who is the type of person who wants to rule everyone is ever to be trusted, and yet it seems necessary to have this kind of person to keep order to some extent. So, our country was wisely designed to keep as much power in the hands of the people as possible to check this very human abuse of power.

Now, just a few years after 9/11, one administration has been able to remove much of that constitutionally guaranteed power from us and back into their hands. They did this by making people feel very afraid. "We have to do this to protect you."

7 of the hijackers named by FBI have been confirmed as still alive! Benazir Bhutto announced on TV a month before she died that Osama bin Laden had been murdered by Omar Sheikh.

I'm not saying I do not believe in extremism in the middle east. I am just saying these people are much more powerless than you are being led to believe. And I do not trust anyone whose modus operandi is to control people through fear. Done. Enough of that. Wake up and realize that most people in the middle east would rather hug you than hurt you.

When I say follow the money...I mean military industrial complex...I mean all the profiteering off this war...that's the reason this is happening. I can not believe for one second that the man who has done more to offend democracy in the US is at all interested in creating real democracy anywhere in the world.

It's not good news...I know...but the good news is that it is up to us whether we go along with all of this or not. And if enough of us see through this...stop being afraid of the boogey man they created...it will just deconstruct, that is the nature of illusion.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 AM

2,938 posts, read 778,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
NewAge - I suspect that on any given day, that about 2/3rds of the 300 million people in this country feel that they could do as good a job as any of the current candidates in the race. I know I couldn't raise $400M to run, but I think that maybe I'd be better as "benevolent dictator of the week" than President! Maybe instead of "American Idol" which had more people voting than the last presidential election, Fox will come up with a new series "President for the Week" where we could all be contestants. SWB, MrKrabs,CHS89 and you and I could make up an interesting "first run" of "candidates". Spin the Wheel (for Luck) to pick a political question, answer it correctly and win campaign money. The possiblities are endless!
If your idea was a reality, this country would be in better shape. Sad, but true.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 AM

2,938 posts, read 778,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post

I am personally not worried about being killed by a terrorist...I don't believe in bearded men plotting my demise in a cave because they hate my American lifestyle. But, that idea is making a lot of money for some people.

!

The only reason there might be some bearded men in a cave plotting your demise is because our government will not stop meddling in Middle Eastern affairs all in the name of $$$. If we minded our own business, we wouldn't have these enemies. Look at Canada for instance....they mind their own business, and they don't have wackos around the world who hate them. We need to follow the lead of places like Canada, Switzerland, Ireland, etc, and mind our own business.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 AM

That's a good point Krabs. That idea is crystal clear and I think makes so much sense. I remember Paul saying that exact thing during a debate and getting boo-ed. Amazing how the truth can be so hard to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania