Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 04:05 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
OK; so I meant booth!

We do not have that many new faces (posters) by people wanting to join our community. All I am asking is not to be so opinionated - give them a chance. Of course you are right on some and some you are not. We all started someplace - let them start! Encourage them; instead of discouraging them. Help them; send them in the right direction (even if you are wasting your time).
You're asking me to not voice my opinion?...

-Maxine

We weren't going to scare the OP away because he never came back. He asked about taxes? Lazy.

As LynnSp said, I wouldn't want to live that far out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 06:07 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You're asking me to not voice my opinion?...

-Maxine

We weren't going to scare the OP away because he never came back. He asked about taxes? Lazy.

As LynnSp said, I wouldn't want to live that far out.
Where you an 'expert' on your very first post? Many of us made one mistake after another and then still do not have it right. Of course some people are lazy and some are just trying to get started. All I am asking is to not be so damn hard on people until we really know more about them. We only have a handful of posters on our regional threads. Would it not be better if others were allowed to share their opinions and questions?

Old 04-22-2017, 10:18 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
It seems to me that he asked a question and completely forgot about it.

I read C-D for a while before I joined or asked a question, but I'm a cautious person. This is not a closed (screened, reason to join) forum, and there are members from all over the globe. The big, wide world of opinions is not for the faint of heart.

It would be terrific if he followed up, but I doubt he's going to.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:08 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,008 times
You said it all, girlfriend. ^

Old 07-01-2017, 07:25 PM

9 posts, read 16,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Where you an 'expert' on your very first post? Many of us made one mistake after another and then still do not have it right. Of course some people are lazy and some are just trying to get started. All I am asking is to not be so damn hard on people until we really know more about them. We only have a handful of posters on our regional threads. Would it not be better if others were allowed to share their opinions and questions?
Nicely said, fisheye~

Good to know who the keyboard warriors are though

Old 10-09-2017, 11:01 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,966 times
We checked out the Hideout this past weekend. Beautiful area with fabulous amenities but we need to have a fence and it's not allowed. 😓
We have dogs.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:43 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
We checked out the Hideout this past weekend. Beautiful area with fabulous amenities but we need to have a fence and it's not allowed. 😓
We have dogs.
They recently approved invisible fences for dogs.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 839 times
I am looking into purchasing a property in the hideout but have 2 dogs. Are you able to put up any type of fencing on your property such as wooden fences?

Old 10-16-2018, 10:05 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtneys1548 View Post
I am looking into purchasing a property in the hideout but have 2 dogs. Are you able to put up any type of fencing on your property such as wooden fences?

You need to know?? Call them.....

Association of Property Owners of the Hideout - Lake Ariel, PA - Home

but word of advice: if you buy into a community be prepared to have your daily life in the community and on the property dictated to you by those on the governing association....trust me its no fun....

Old 02-22-2019, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 645 times
Default Best advice for investing in a second home, lake-view/front community.

Hi all, I'd like your advice with investing in a lake community. I'd like to hear from those who went down this path before. The "If I could do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would have...." advise would be great! I am feverishly researching as many community sites and real estate sites for onsite as to what each community has to offer. I've visited family who rent in Hideout last summer. I like much of what the Hideout has to offer, but not thrilled with all of the association fees, rules and regulations.

I understand that everyone has different needs, wants and values then mine and clearly respect that what's good for one is not necessarily good for another. I plan on visiting a few community this spring to see, feel and touch.

So here's my situation:
Married, 4 children ages 4-12
Lake swimming, fishing
Community pool would be a plus
ATV's (gas-powered) allowed
Jet-ski's Allowed
Golf a Plus
Snowmobiling allowed
Prefer lake-view not lakefront
No plans on getting a boat, so not a priority to have a slip
Basic association fee's are fine as long as they are fair
Gated community is not a priority
$200K or less

So, what do you think are the top 5 places that fit my needs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania