U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 05:41 AM

923 posts, read 2,583,611 times

Advertisements

I worked for a major company since October, the work is very slow so they are offering a severance package or buyout. Twelve weeks pay to quit. With the exception of the employees on Medicare, we are not eligible !!!
Can anyone tell me why, my company can not offer an explanation. I'm 70 !!

Last edited by nkotb; 05-07-2017 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: cancel edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 07:14 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,831,592 times
Try here:

Home

because asking here your going to get a thousand or more different answers based on different scenarios which is not what you want....if your a veteran your local VA office or career placement center can also help....even your local politician....

Old 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM

9,394 posts, read 7,980,319 times
I don't know if this will help? But there is the W.A.R.N. Act: https://www.doleta.gov/programs/factsht/warn.htm. Are they giving you 60 days notice and do they have over 100 employees? Of course that does not always mean that you will get paid. I received only one tenth of the money due to me when CF closed in 2001. But it is still a possible approach to secure some form of 'severance' pay.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:10 PM

I worked for Amazon.... it was a severance/buyout only in the Pittston Warehouse because of no work.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
I worked for Amazon.... it was a severance/buyout only in the Pittston Warehouse because of no work.
Here is one more approach: How to Fight Age Discrimination | HuffPost. Telling you that Medicare recipients are not eligible sounds like it would qualify as age discrimination. From that link: "If you think you are a victim of employment age discrimination, your first step is to file a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) usually within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation. You can do this by mail or in person at your nearest EEOC office, or by calling 800-669-4000."

Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 AM

32 posts, read 7,536 times
Quote:
Do you actually work for Amazon, or a another Agency? What does it say on your paystub ?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:46 AM

I actually work for Amazon not Integrity Temp. (Amazon owns) I called PA. Human Relations Commission to file an age discrimination complaint. In the meantime HR from Amazon called me and said they revoked that clause in the paperwork, it was written in ERROR !!!!!! Yea, right..... So now I'm eligible for the 12 week buyout. Thank you for the help

Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I actually work for Amazon not Integrity Temp. (Amazon owns) I called PA. Human Relations Commission to file an age discrimination complaint. In the meantime HR from Amazon called me and said they revoked that clause in the paperwork, it was written in ERROR !!!!!! Yea, right..... So now I'm eligible for the 12 week buyout. Thank you for the help
OK! Now just send my 5% commission to............

Old 05-25-2017, 05:46 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,831,592 times
Quote:
In Spanish there is a saying that in English translates to:

"Cat that don't meow don't get no milk" - drink up buddy!! You did right for yourself!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: