Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,611,650 times

Advertisements

Loveinbloom,
Im originally from N.Scranton, If your children are going to Armstrong ,many of the teachers that were there when my children attended still are, I was more than happy with the teachers there. If your new to the area, and you have any questions, feel free...theres many parts of N.Scranton that are still very "neighborhood " oriented, unfortunately there are also parts that are deteriorating quickly..

Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,056,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonND View Post
Taking previous posts out of context and totally misunderstanding my point.

And from your posts and slang you show that you are a follower of the most hypocritical and dispicable man ever to call scranton home.
Lets get this strait. I follow no one. I know who Joe is and yes I do post on his site on occassion under my real name, but I don't always agree with his views or that site for that matter. As far as taking your posts out of context well here it is.

There was nothing pulled out of context. You claim to not like the mayor and you would not vote for him but you feel that a council with him on it and his boy supporters was intelligent? That council did more to bolster Doherty and give him the power tha he now holds to drive this city into the ground. The problem with the city is that SHEEP like you would vote him in just because you don't like someone else. What does that do? We are crushed under the weight of this debt but you would vote him back in out of spite? The apathetic voters like you and CHS89 are the reason that we are where we are.

CHS89 were did I misrepresent or manipulate his post? There is no lie here he said what he said. One trick pony? What exactly does that mean? I speak out against what is wrong in the city and if more of the apathetic sheep would do that then maybe we wouldn't be in the state that we are in. Make sure that you both teach your kids to bury their heads in the sand and not speak up because everything is fine the way it is. Apathy and sheepishness is just sad.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:39 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,298,777 times
Yep. I'm to blame for the state of the city. My one vote is so much more powerful than everyone else's combined.

There's an example of your ridiculous exaggeration. I've cited your lies before. Your "cumulative figure" from a budget thread a while back is an example of blatant misrepresentation. You read only what you want to read, and if it has even the slightest thing positive to say about the current administration, than it is dismissed out of hand. The mayor could save a basketful of kittens from a burning basket in a tree, and your response would be "Why was he carrying matches in his pocket? He must have lit the basket on fire for a photo-op."

And lets not get started with photo-ops. Does your buddy pay you well for the pictures he takes credit for?

You're a joke, Dan. Nothing more than that. You don't speak out, you ****** and moan. There's a big difference between the two, and as you can see, the ******ing and moaning is not very effective, is it?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:43 AM

28 posts, read 78,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Lets get this strait. I follow no one. I know who Joe is and yes I do post on his site on occassion under my real name, but I don't always agree with his views or that site for that matter. As far as taking your posts out of context well here it is.

There was nothing pulled out of context. You claim to not like the mayor and you would not vote for him but you feel that a council with him on it and his boy supporters was intelligent? That council did more to bolster Doherty and give him the power tha he now holds to drive this city into the ground. The problem with the city is that SHEEP like you would vote him in just because you don't like someone else. What does that do? We are crushed under the weight of this debt but you would vote him back in out of spite? The apathetic voters like you and CHS89 are the reason that we are where we are.

CHS89 were did I misrepresent or manipulate his post? There is no lie here he said what he said. One trick pony? What exactly does that mean? I speak out against what is wrong in the city and if more of the apathetic sheep would do that then maybe we wouldn't be in the state that we are in. Make sure that you both teach your kids to bury their heads in the sand and not speak up because everything is fine the way it is. Apathy and sheepishness is just sad.

I dont know how else to explain this to you. The old council had very intelligent, successful people on it. Now because of the harrassment on our public officials because of people like you who post on pilcheskys website, any person with half a brain is afraid to run. Be it personal attacks on them and their family. My statement had nothing to do with agreeing with their policies. It was providing a an observation on what council has become. I love how you group people as "kool-aid" drinkers and doherty lovers just because they dont agree with you.

I noticed someone called you dan. Please tell me that your the same council wackjob from lower greenridge. Then I wouldnt have to care so much defending this city to you.

PS Its very sweet but your mommy complaining to the council that you got sprayed by a skunk is not city business.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
You're a joke, Dan. Nothing more than that.
Thanks. Coming from a sheep like yourself that is a compliment. Bah Bah Bah
Maybe they have a extra room for you in the cloud city as well. Apathy rules, go irish!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:46 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
The mayor could save a basketful of kittens from a burning basket in a tree, and your response would be "Why was he carrying matches in his pocket? He must have lit the basket on fire for a photo-op."

That would sound like typical Chris Doherty though. Mr. "save the puppy in the gorge in his wingtips" and the media just happened to be close by.

You say Dan is a joke, but I say Chris Doherty is a joke.....but not a funny one. The man is a snake oil salesman who had duped a lot of people in this city with his "restoring the pride" crap, and what do we have to show for it besides inevitable tax increases and a huge debt?

Add to that the Chris Doherty looks like the kid who got wedgies on a daily basis in school. If he was my kid, I would shave his butt and make him walk backwards.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonND View Post
PS Its very sweet but your mommy complaining to the council that you got sprayed by a skunk is not city business.
Oh but my friend it is. Residents have been complaining about the skunks in the neighborhoods for years now and they have reached a epidemic level in the city. The city has been telling residents that they do not handle the capture of "wild animals". Which is funny because there are feral cats in the city that more wild then the skunks.

The problem is that I have copy's of bills to the tune of $2000 that the city paid to have a private firm come in and remove skunks from certain properties while the rest of the city has to deal with it on their own. We did and we paid over $200 to have two removed. Thats not right, period.

Remember Chris Doherty is a saint, we have no debt, irish rule and apathy does not exist in Scranton. Did I get it right? HAAAA nothing tastes like a cold glass of Doherty Kool-aid in the afternoon.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:59 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,298,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
The man is a snake oil salesman who had duped a lot of people in this city with his "restoring the pride" crap, and what do we have to show for it besides inevitable tax increases and a huge debt?
But what are our other choices at the moment? Janet Evans? You've got to be kidding me. She'll never be elected to anything locally again. Dan Hubbard?

Granted, Doherty's not the best mayor the city has ever had, and I never once said he was*. But given the current alternatives...well, we have none, but we could do worse.

(*want to find one post where I said anything remotely close to this, Dan? Can you do it without lying?)

Old 03-11-2008, 12:04 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
But what are our other choices at the moment? Janet Evans? You've got to be kidding me. She'll never be elected to anything locally again. Dan Hubbard?

Granted, Doherty's not the best mayor the city has ever had, and I never once said he was. But given the current alternatives...well, we have none, but we could do worse.
I don't know of any great choices for mayor off the top of my head, but I'm sure most would be better than what we had. I didn't think it could get any worse than Jimmy Connors, yet I think Doherty is officially worse and has jumped the shark. DiBileo has run and said he would probably run again...he's not a bad choice in my opinion. He's at least a nice guy who can relate to people better than the elitist Doherty. I think communication with the people would be a refreshing change.

Janet Evans, I'll agree with you on. I wouldn't want her as mayor either, and I think she's just as selfishly motivated to further her political career as Doherty is. Just as I find Doherty to be full of crap with his "restoring the pride," I also think Janet is full of crap with her "for the people" routine.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:04 PM

That dig was spread out for you and ScrantonND. Its called sarcasm, again.

http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/trc/2006/manual/illos/sheep.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania