Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
While I am a newbie here in NEPA let me say come on up!!!!!!!!!!! I recently moved here from Suffolk County Long Island and truly believe it was the best move I have ever made for my son my husband and myself. We are in Scranton, my hubby’s hometown and the only thing I wish we had here was a better mayor but that is a loaded issue.

I wish I could give suggestions but feel I am really to recent to have solid sound advice on where to relocate. The one thing I do know for sure is I would never suggest anyone live in a Pocono Country Place. We ( my entire family of 5) spent a week there renting a home for vacation in 2003, and lets just say we cut the week short.

we live full time in bayside queens and part time in tafton..... another few years and we will move full time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 07:02 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiom3 View Post
Hi isthistaken,

Come on up to the Poconos, it is beautiful here. Me and my wife moved here from NJ a year ago and we love it so far. You'll find some of the people on these threads advising you to "keep out"... LOL. This is a clear case of "the grass is always greener on the other side" but we all know that once we get there, we find out it's actually not greener at all. It all depends where you move to up here. Go too much up and you get a lot of snow and winters are very cold. The saylorsburg area is a nice quiet area, it is lower so you don't get as much snow as east stroudsburg or tobyhanna. This was my first winter here and I didn't see much difference from here to jersey. The roads were always clean. There was only once where it actually got bad on the roads that I remember, but if you have a 4WD, you are in business. I remember having bad road days due to snow in jersey too (Union, NJ is where I was from). PM me for more info. me and the wife feel this was a perfect move for us.
Except for my own driveway........I agree fully.........I think the town does a great job on the roads. They have their act together on it for sure.
Yes, it is good to stay on the southern side of Stroudsburg.......a bit warmer . It can be ten degrees colder past Swiftwater.....and the snow sometimes lingers there until April.......OH MY.
I think Saylorsburg, Sciota, Broadheadsville are good places to raise a child.
The Pleasant Valley Schools are quite nice, and the kids seem to be very happy attending them.
Lets see, when I was in Jupiter Beach it was to meander my way to Bert Reynolds home, where he had a store you could visit......IF you could find his farm. Quite hidden it was, down a dirt road........and I understand Tammy Wynette had a home in that area too. Didnt find hers, but.......Berts .....yes I did.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:41 PM

62 posts, read 221,983 times
im helpng my landlord rent it..want to rent it?its 995,best rent in jupiter!!!send me an email if interested lol.my landlord lives in albany

Old 03-29-2008, 05:43 PM

ya...its for rent!its the cheapest rent on the beach..995 and 1400 sf 1200 under air,200 in courtyard lol!no offense taken.i get that alot when people hear where i live...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:49 PM

i know people are fond of their privacyand want to keep the high society out of there.its cool.i lived in pomano and hung out in lauderdale for years.it got soooo congested.my family lives in monmouth county.i would love sussex but it seems more exspensive.we want to rent, then buy after pokin around about a year.im so excited about starting my new life up there.you all seem real cool.i cant wait to meet some of you!do you all ever get together once in awhile?...even you, w-bproud LOL!we will have to get together and have a big ole southern style bbq!

Last edited by isthistaken; 03-29-2008 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania