U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2008, 07:53 AM

3,234 posts, read 4,394,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
I am serious. The only traffic I had was trying to get onto the GWB from the Tri boro. The Deegan was backed up.

Once I got on route 80 west, I flew. I left Long Island (exit 65) at 10am and got to Hamlin at 1;15pm for a 2pm closing.

We would have loved to have bought that church, but we just dont ahve the funds to redo it yet. I have photos of my kids running around in the snow there. Maybe some day.

dorothy
Good for you. You made great time. Every time I drive to the Island I'm always stuck in some kind of traffic. By the way, I used to live just off exit 64 of the LIE in Medford.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM

4,251 posts, read 310,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Good for you. You made great time. Every time I drive to the Island I'm always stuck in some kind of traffic. By the way, I used to live just off exit 64 of the LIE in Medford.
We live 2 mins off exit 65.

How do you get to NEPA? I go the LIE to the Northern Stae, to the Tri boro, to the Deegan, to RTE 80, to Exit for Sparta ( I think its 35), then up rte 15 thru Milford, to rte 84 and then to the exit I need.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Our tomtom always puts us going up thru the Palisades but i am always rushing so I never have time to explore that way.

dorothy

Old 04-02-2008, 12:31 PM

3,234 posts, read 4,394,627 times
Quote:
We live 2 mins off exit 65.

How do you get to NEPA? I go the LIE to the Northern Stae, to the Tri boro, to the Deegan, to RTE 80, to Exit for Sparta ( I think its 35), then up rte 15 thru Milford, to rte 84 and then to the exit I need.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Our tomtom always puts us going up thru the Palisades but i am always rushing so I never have time to explore that way.

dorothy
I go a number of different ways to break the monotony. Sometimes I go Northern State to the Cross Island Expy. then I take the Whitestone Bridge to the Hutchison River Pky. I then take that to the Cross County Pky. in Westchester. From there I go to RT.87 (NY State Thruway) over the Tappan Zee and then I hit RT.17 in Harriman. I take that all the way to RT.84 in Middletown and then head west. It may seem a little longer, but it's better than always taking the Cross Bronx Exp. and staying on RT.80 for all that time. Just something a little different. I have been that way too, through Milford, instead of going all the way to the Delaware Water Gap into PA. It's a nice ride also.

Last edited by NYRangers 2008; 04-02-2008 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: Added content

Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,091 times
Default Commute from Easton to North Jersey

Can anyone tell me how long the commute really is from the Easton area to to Northern NJ (by Teterboro Airport?) I would love to hear experiences from people who make this commute every week. Also, how do I post a new thread, not just reply to one? I'm usually pretty computer savy, but I can't figure this one out. I want to post my questions in the NEPA forum. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM

30,220 posts, read 27,336,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I go a number of different ways to break the monotony. Sometimes I go Northern State to the Cross Island Expy. then I take the Whitestone Bridge to the Hutchison River Pky. I then take that to the Cross County Pky. in Westchester. From there I go to RT.87 (NY State Thruway) over the Tappan Zee and then I hit RT.17 in Harriman. I take that all the way to RT.84 in Middletown and then head west. It may seem a little longer, but it's better than always taking the Cross Bronx Exp. and staying on RT.80 for all that time. Just something a little different. I have been that way too, through Milford, instead of going all the way to the Delaware Water Gap into PA. It's a nice ride also.
exactley the way we go from queens. 2 hrs door to door... hutch/287/thruway/17/84

Old 04-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Status: "off the crutches but still hobbling along" (set 14 days ago)

2,644 posts, read 1,691,814 times
Quote:
I am serious. The only traffic I had was trying to get onto the GWB from the Tri boro. The Deegan was backed up.

Once I got on route 80 west, I flew. I left Long Island (exit 65) at 10am and got to Hamlin at 1;15pm for a 2pm closing.

We would have loved to have bought that church, but we just dont ahve the funds to redo it yet. I have photos of my kids running around in the snow there. Maybe some day.

dorothy
Hey I lived off exit 64...we are "neighbors again". LOl, I came back on tuesday night from the Island and left at 7:00pm, got here (Scranton) just around 10pm...it was a DREAM of a drive...not even the GWB or the THrongs neck were backed up! I wish all the drives back to the island could be so nice!

Congratulations on your new home purchase...best of luck to you and yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania