Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:11 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
[/b]

...because we are the last family in the village who gets their household water from the springs. Back in the mid-1990's the local water company applied for permission to cease operation due to the increasing cost of complying with regulations to supply water for only a couple of hundred customers. The state approved their application and that was that. Everyone either dug a well or hooked up to the private water company that's run by the local golf resort. But not us. We've always been separate from the old water company and we've got our own spring!

That's a wonderful story and no water bill .
Thankyou.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It takes a while, for me, to find a church I'm comfortable with, and depending on how active you want to be in a church, you have to learn to say "NO". LOL

I love PA for a lot of reasons, the seasonal changes, how close you are to NYC, DE, NJ, OH, VA, etc..., there are so so many Wonderful, sights to see, just in PA....Northern PA is beautiful as well as Western PA...if you like the country and vast state forests....camping was always a love...we used to go up near the Grande Canyon PA and Down the shore. There are so many waterways, near and far if you love fishing as I do...
and then there is always the antique stores, far and wide. Philly is a great place to visit, with many sight seeing opportunities, as well as music, plays, etc...There are many historical tours in Philly, one of my favorites was the Eastern State Prison, where Al Capone once lived....lol
https://www.easternstate.org/
It's a must see, as well as Potter County, Coudersport, Potato City, Erie PA, the Great Lakes area, Lake Ontario, Pittsburg, and not far is Falling Waters, which is a fantastic tour.
https://www.fallingwater.org/

Gettsburg, where you could spend a few days, Harrisburg, where they hold the State Farm Show...

There is just so very much to do, and places to go, plus the weather here in PA is not nearly as dangerous as some other areas, when you consider fewer hurricane hits, and other catastrophic weather disasters...here your pretty safe. Your close to the shore, and to the Outer Banks, if you love the Ocean and Ocean fishing....then you also have the Delaware River, etc.

They have developed the Water Front in Philly into a beautiful tourist attraction....used to love to take the R5 train there, and spend the day, tons to do. Market Street East...is fun to walk around....

PA is a pretty diverse state....so....Hope I've been some help.

Lancaster in PA is a beautiful drive, OMGosh I could go on and on...there is just so much to do.

Used to enjoy driving into NYC, and spending the day or a weekend, seeing the wonderful shows.

Loved to drive to Cape May and take the Cape May Ferry over to Rohobeth Beach which is like walking back in the 60's.

There are many wonderful times to be had in the Poconos...

The list just goes on and on....
Wonderful. Thankyou very much.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Peace Valley was really a neat place...and still is, just that I'm not there any longer....lol

I'm really hoping to be able to drive back up there before leaving PA next year....would like to see it one last time, however, I left over 20 years ago, and the changes up there, might overwhelm me.

One of my girlfriends lives in Honeybrook, it's a lovely little town, bout 15 minutes from Shady...so we meet at her place, and drive over to Shady Maple. Love taking a cooler along and going to the market, for meat, and such.
love he name of the towns.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:53 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
love he name of the towns.
I'm just so excited for you, as PA is center to most everything on the east Coast....
NYC the Viginia, Ohio, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, upstate NY, if you like fishing for salmon, etc....
so so much...

Hope you enjoy

Old 02-14-2019, 11:18 AM

7 posts, read 6,645 times
where in the poconos do you live? Are oyu in a gated community?

Old 02-14-2019, 05:11 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunch250 View Post

Who you asking??

Old 02-22-2019, 07:41 AM

7 posts, read 6,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunch250 View Post
sorry I was asking Cremebrulee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania