Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 11:26 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,060,095 times

Advertisements

BTW back to life expectancy----- due to many of drums changes to the A.C.A. people have lost health insurance,previously covered benefits,etc and geisinger is right up there taking things away from plans for some shortening the life expectancy of those with pre-exsisting exsisting Conditions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 04:52 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,795,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post

where did I say anything about Obama ?

Trumps margins here in 2016 were largely the result of votes he was able to flip from Obama. Your assertion is he tapped into racism, what I'm asking you is are these former Obama voters now racists because they voted for Trump?

You're making no sense and clearly do not understand why Trump won here. If you think it has to do with racism you go right on believing that and continue to insult the people that voted for him. You may not get this and may never get it but you are part of the reason Hillary loss.

Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Trumps margins here in 2016 were largely the result of votes he was able to flip from Obama. Your assertion is he tapped into racism, what I'm asking you is are these former Obama voters now racists because they voted for Trump?

You're making no sense and clearly do not understand why Trump won here. If you think it has to do with racism you go right on believing that and continue to insult the people that voted for him. You may not get this and may never get it but you are part of the reason Hillary loss.
have I hit a nerve here? IT IS YOUR ASSERTION THAT HE WON HERE DUE TO RACISM!

MY STATEMEN REFERS TO THOSE THAT SUPPORT HIM NOW.You all need to get hillary and Obama and past out of your heads.

there were many reasons for flipping former Dems that I stated but you ignored!

ON TOPIC TRUMP LIES ABOUT BETTER AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE WAS ONE OF THEREASONS AS I STATED

this section of pa is still holding strong to incorrectly based personal insults I see!

GUESSING WHY PEOPLE VOTED FOR TRUMP HERE IS NOT PERSONAL just
my opinion which you seemed to ask for
N

Old 01-06-2019, 09:52 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,977,261 times
Quote:
have I hit a nerve here? IT IS YOUR ASSERTION THAT HE WON HERE DUE TO RACISM!

MY STATEMEN REFERS TO THOSE THAT SUPPORT HIM NOW.You all need to get hillary and Obama and past out of your heads.

there were many reasons for flipping former Dems that I stated but you ignored!

ON TOPIC TRUMP LIES ABOUT BETTER AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE WAS ONE OF THEREASONS AS I STATED

this section of pa is still holding strong to incorrectly based personal insults I see!

GUESSING WHY PEOPLE VOTED FOR TRUMP HERE IS NOT PERSONAL just
my opinion which you seemed to ask for
N

This is not a political forum; you want to talk politics then go to the National thread!

Old 01-06-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is not a political forum; you want to talk politics then go to the National thread!

I did not bring it up another of one of the three main posters here did and I responded

why is there such an avid effort to squelch other posters on this section and willfully misread their posts

if u want to be correct u need to address that comment to the one that started it

My response started out to be healthcare so why did you all not stick to that

maybe someday this section could return to a productive one that allows other topics and ideas that have to do with issues involved with this section of nepa!!!

c

Old 01-08-2019, 11:47 AM

273 posts, read 953,986 times
Quote:
again so off base and point not the area as much as being fed up with people's attitude and off base attributes they give to others when they themselves are a mess . Having traveled and lived throughout the United states,this annoying behavior is on a large scale in nepa . NO WONDER TRUMP IS POPULAR HERE!!

BTW am ALWAYS HAPPY TRAVELING AWAY NO MATTER WHERE I GO ESPECIALLY IF ITS WARMER.

ON TOPIC AND OFF ME Plz. construction holdups here occur when difficulty in deciding who gets to pocket extra money occurs-----traditionally this puts medical projects way back.

IT HAS TAKEN GEISINGER NOW ALMOST ONE YEAR TO FINISH BUILDING A SMALL OUTPATIENT CENTER NEARBY THE SIZE THAT CAN FIT EASILY INTO A WALMART
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The Brookdale project is moving very fast. Everything, when it comes to medicine or food, takes more time because of the regulations. They are not local regulations; but State and National regulations that have been put in place to protect the public. Personally I think we have taken those regulations too far where they hinder development; but it's not my call. You would have to ask somebody in charge of that Geisinger project what was the holdup.

Trump wasn't popular enough here; we still have Casey!
Quote:
with the help of local talk radio and fax news reporting I am sure trump will still be adored by the clueless and less informed

am glad intelligence is still important in this area as evidenced by the support of wolf and Casey and the downfall of Dr teeth barlet ta

BTW AM NOT ONE OF THOSE LIBRAL DEMOCRATS----'AM AN INDEPENDENT INDEPENDENT
If they can navigate the above and subsequent semi-legibly formatted posts, which I cleaned up to make them fit, readers can self-determine who 'brought up' (and proliferated) politics, and needless personal insults to the president and NEPA community, in this thread. There are more. I just grabbed the first few in this thread

To the OP (re: topic at hand) , you'll find plenty of liberal Democrats as well as Blue-Dogs in NEPA. Party registration is heavily weighted to Democrats in all PA cities including Scranton and Wilkes Barre. Many have inherited this from as far back as the days of John Mitchell (miner's union leader), and often faithfully voted the party. Despite this, many voted for Mr. Trump on 2016.

Here's one of many articles on this, a very long view written by a Newsweek contributor whose own orientation the reader can consider. There are a variety of vignettes exploring some very average locals' perspectives of the election. You'll see not all simply voted the party line and a variety of reasons why. Currently and going forward, one might ask themselves if/how much it may have changed and what the prospects might be in 2020.

https://www.mcall.com/news/local/ele...htmlstory.html

Old 01-08-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskyz View Post
If they can navigate the above and subsequent semi-legibly formatted posts, which I cleaned up to make them fit, readers can self-determine who 'brought up' (and proliferated) politics, and needless personal insults to the president and NEPA community, in this thread. There are more. I just grabbed the first few in this thread

To the OP (re: topic at hand) , you'll find plenty of liberal Democrats as well as Blue-Dogs in NEPA. Party registration is heavily weighted to Democrats in all PA cities including Scranton and Wilkes Barre. Many have inherited this from as far back as the days of John Mitchell (miner's union leader), and often faithfully voted the party. Despite this, many voted for Mr. Trump on 2016.

Here's one of many articles on this, a very long view written by a Newsweek contributor whose own orientation the reader can consider. There are a variety of vignettes exploring some very average locals' perspectives of the election. You'll see not all simply voted the party line and a variety of reasons why. Currently and going forward, one might ask themselves if/how much it may have changed and what the prospects might be in 2020.

https://www.mcall.com/news/local/ele...htmlstory.html
Sometimes the Party machinery is simply too hard to fight and that is why we do not see change. But I did not want to make this about politics since almost any mention of politics gets censored. Or; at least it did in the past. If I want to talk about politics I go to the appropriate forum; I learned my lesson a long time ago.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM

231 posts, read 236,573 times
I also don't want to fan political flames. I do appreciate the input of those who've contributed to my understanding of the community's overall political character. It's all I was really interested in, not any sniping from one side or the other. (And given how message boards can so easily devolve, this thread was really not bad!)

Old 01-08-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW to NEPA View Post
I also don't want to fan political flames. I do appreciate the input of those who've contributed to my understanding of the community's overall political character. It's all I was really interested in, not any sniping from one side or the other. (And given how message boards can so easily devolve, this thread was really not bad!)
They do monitor the boards pretty good. The moderators do not get paid so they rely on us to police ourselves to some degree. The number of people using this forum has reduced over the years. It is one reason I really try to get new posters on this forum. Feel free to start more threads!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania