Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,329,459 times

Advertisements

As we prepare for our get-together, Rockyy asked an excellent question "How many people are going?" Partially for to answer this question and partially for the sheer fun of it, I'm trying to track down everyone who regularly posts on this sub-forum to get a ball park figure of the MAXIMUM we might wish to plan for. Well, I'm going to try to list every member that has been active here on our sub-forum in recent months. I KNOW I'm going to leave people out, so please just add your name in a reply and don't feel offended by my clumsiness. I'm trying to conduct a "census" of sorts just to see how many people might potentially come. Let's not forget that when the idea first arose a while back there were far fewer members on here. I'm also going to take a stab at roughly where you folks live to help us pinpoint where a good "midpoint" might be for us to all meet. Please correct me if I'm mistaken with the locations as well.
  • 61scout80 (Arizona)
  • A_D_M (Avoca)
  • AmeriKenArtist (Bloomsburg)
  • Ashley19 (Ashley)
  • bldginpa (Greentown)
  • Chad2002 (Mansfield)
  • Chefkey (Wilkes-Barre)
  • CHS89 (Scranton)
  • coartist88 (Clarks Summit)
  • Dawne (Selinsgrove)
  • DeLorean (Nanticoke)
  • dexcye (Lackawanna County?)
  • EnyaGirl (Dallas)
  • ffwife18 (Shohola)
  • greentown (Greentown)
  • I LOVE PA (Lake Ariel)
  • Jimmy Lane (Montrose)
  • JohnQPublic (Scranton?)
  • Karnak (Wilkes-Barre)
  • KittensPurr (Boston)
  • Lehigh Valley Native (Kingston)
  • Loveinbloom (Scranton)
  • mathjak107 (Pike County)
  • MermanMike (Beach Lake?)
  • Memoriesbre (Tunkhannock)
  • MrKrabs (Scranton)
  • NEPA-x-pat (Virginia)
  • newjerseybt (Honesdale)
  • nkotb (Lackawanna County?)
  • NYRangers2008 (Scranton)
  • ontheroad (Damascus?)
  • poconoproud (Saylorsburg)
  • poconosmama (Hamlin)
  • returningtonepa??? (Florida)
  • RJ MacReady (Selinsgrove)
  • rockyy (Lake Harmony?)
  • samvit (Moscow?)
  • ScranBarre (Pittston)
  • Scrantonluna (Scranton?)
  • ScrantonND (Scranton)
  • ScrantonVideoProductions (Scranton)
  • skijmpr (Virginia)
  • Southwb (Wilkes-Barre)
  • Sues1 (Scranton)
  • Summering (Brodheadsville?)
  • tcwest (Lakeville)
  • The Commish (Scranton?)
  • TheHighHat (Pike County)
  • to570717 (Florida)
  • TransAm (Wilkes-Barre)
  • tsedeski (Virginia)
  • VinceWhirlwind (Lackawanna County?)
  • W-B Proud (Wilkes-Barre)
  • WasPA (Midwest?)
  • WatsonWest (Scranton)
  • weluvpa (Scranton)

That's just 56 members more or less from off the top of my head and from a few brief minutes of research. I suspect the "true" number of us might be nearer to 75 once others who I didn't mean to forget chime in (who knew little 'ole NEPA could be so popular?!) LOL! Naturally some of these folks live out-of-state and probably won't be able to attend, but they might be replaced by folks in the Southern Tier of NY and Northern NJ who may wish to come.

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 04-09-2008 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Added a Member
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,064,159 times
Sure why not.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:08 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,606,619 times
I think St. Louis would be our midpoint, who is down for ribs and a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM

Let's see...

From that list here's the unofficial tally:

Lackawanna County: 17 Members
Luzerne County: 11 Members
Wayne County: 6 Members
Pike County: 4 Members
Monroe County: 2 Members (I thought you had more than this??!!!)
Snyder County: 2 Members
Columbia County: 1 Member
Carbon County: 1 Member
Wyoming County: 1 Member
Susquehanna County: 1 Member
Tioga County: 1 Member
Out-of-State: 8 Members

Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
I think St. Louis would be our midpoint, who is down for ribs and a tour of the Anheuser Busch brewery?
I'd rather tour the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. LOL! From the tally I just took, 1/2 of the folks live in the immediate Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area, so obviously it's going to be "fairest" to hold the event somewhere around here and have the far-flung members drive to see us or have their own little independent get-togethers.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Sure why not.
Yep. I know I need a life.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,987,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61scout80 View Post
That would be OK. I hear no one in their right mind goes up in the elevator at The Arch.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:19 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,987,460 times
My thoughts from the other thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm hoping we can keep this somewhat intimate"...........

That is more my train of thought, ScranBarre. My interest is meeting folks living in this area and learning more about them. Especially for the first time out. Allow attendance to grow naturally later on.

I wish I knew more about places to hold something like this in the area. A state park with a pavilion in case of rain. Outdoor activities for kids, etc. Everyone brings a covered dish sort of gathering.

Gee. I'm so old fashioned. You know....one of those "turn left just outside Mayberry" sort of things.

Edited to add: Only two of us in Monroe County?!!??!! Hey, Summering! We's special!!

Driving north isn't a problem for me. I end up traveling to do errands all the time. It's that drive to Allentown to go to the bank that's a royal PITA.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
My thoughts from the other thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm hoping we can keep this somewhat intimate"...........

That is more my train of thought, ScranBarre. My interest is meeting folks living in this area and learning more about them. Especially for the first time out. Allow attendance to grow naturally later on.

I wish I knew more about places to hold something like this in the area. A state park with a pavilion in case of rain. Outdoor activities for kids, etc. Everyone brings a covered dish sort of gathering.

Gee. I'm so old fashioned. You know....one of those "turn left just outside Mayberry" sort of things.

I dunno. On the one hand I'd like to keep this manageable so that we're not tossing 75 random strangers together and saying "go mingle" like some sort of creepy speed dating service. However, on the other hand I really would like to meet just about everyone from this forum. I've already briefly met you, NYRangers2008, ScrantonVideoProductions, and weluvpa, and I'm expecting to meet coartist88 next month to take he and his daughter on a tour of my college campus. I think with how intimate our area is, some of us may have more than certainly "bumped" into each other at the grocery store without even knowing it. I found out I LOVE PA's daughter was actually friends with my partner. Small world, huh?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:57 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,933,503 times
Just my buck fifty...when I met online friends back on L.I. we did the covered dish, state park setting and it was wonderful. We included our kids so no one would have to find a babysitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania