Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times

Advertisements

I think your husband is right...I started peeing around my gardens last year and I think it helps, but ya gotta do it like every day or just about. They sell coyote urine at some garden centers that is even better. I do not recommend the approach for those with neighbors close by though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 02:51 PM

996 posts, read 3,277,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
My husband seems to believe that human urine works. He mentioned plans to pee on our garden ::::rolling on floor laughing::::::
Let me know if you need more. My little boys think peeing outside is the greatest!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
Feed your husband some steamed asparagus. He shouldn't have to pee on the peas as often.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
I think your husband is right...I started peeing around my gardens last year and I think it helps, but ya gotta do it like every day or just about. They sell coyote urine at some garden centers that is even better. I do not recommend the approach for those with neighbors close by though.
Oh my gosh, MermanMike.........Everyday..........Someones gonna turn you in....right Cort

Old 04-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7micheller View Post
It seems so funny to read about deer problems; I can't wait to get rid of my animal problems down here and trade them for deer problems. Isn't life funny? I didn't even think about having to learn about what to deter deer from my yard.

Wow, more things to learn before I move...stop it..hehehehheee

That is hysterical that the dog hair did not deter the deer, but provided a nice cooshie sleeping arrangement.

And bears, someone mentioned bears on another thread; there are bears too? Oh my gosh, well it is better to have deer and bears than a sheriff's son that lives next door to me and burglarized my home and took all my kids electronics and I had to buy everything back from the pawn shop...hummm another thread, sorry got off track here...more coffee for me.....chuckle...
Oh YEP, Bears.........we had a big bunch in Penn Estates. One huge, huge guy in the back yard. Even the dog on the porch, backed me up with a gosh awful growl. Another biggie, walking around the woods.........and a few small ones, one by the are while the daughter was trying to get to work. She almost flew out the front door.......and he was right by her car door.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:01 PM

68 posts, read 211,146 times
We had a problem with deer eating our roses. I started spraying a home mixture that I'd read online...raw eggs, cayenne pepper, garlic powder. You have to spray it on again if it rains, but it really did work. It was a pain in the neck, but eventually the deer got the idea and left my roses alone.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:58 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Oh YEP, Bears.........we had a big bunch in Penn Estates. One huge, huge guy in the back yard. Even the dog on the porch, backed me up with a gosh awful growl. Another biggie, walking around the woods.........and a few small ones, one by the are while the daughter was trying to get to work. She almost flew out the front door.......and he was right by her car door.
I heard that there are bears in the woods right behind my house. I actually notice myself looking over my shoulder when I'm in the driveway ever since I heard that..lol. Now, the dog we're going to be getting in about a year is a newfoundland, which some might actually confuse for a bear because they're so big, so I'll REALLY need to be looking over my shoulder to see who's there..lol

Old 04-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Well Enya......MermanMike seems to have the solution in keeping animals away.......ask him over ( LOL)

Old 04-23-2008, 05:11 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Well Enya......MermanMike seems to have the solution in keeping animals away.......ask him over ( LOL)
Hahaha...that's all I need...two men having a pissing contest, LITERALLY, on my front lawn

Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 PM

620 posts, read 2,055,255 times
My neighbors are mostly cows, so they don't seem to mind. It also helps getting up when it's still dark out. I take my dog outside and we mark our territory.

I have yet to meet a girl who understands at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania