U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2008, 07:48 PM

8 posts, read 10,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
the best local italian/pizza place is calabria's--on drinker street in dunmore---have NEVER had a bad meal there--parking lot is behind restaurant

also--the lincoln inn in dupont--on lincoln st.---off ziegler---italian menu

I love their tripe.. They don't take credit cards..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 PM

256 posts, read 473,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFflow84 View Post
Anyone want to review AV in Moosic, PA? Its In the Side of the Roadway Inn, Across from La Hacienda (ew) and the Suby dealership! I happen to work there, and I think it deserves a review! (It would be strongly biased coming from me)
AV food was OK, But very nice, upscale place. Alot of seafood dishes on their menu.
I'm more of a steak guy and I will be trying Great Uncle Peters later this month for my birthday

Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM

9,255 posts, read 7,877,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
Anybody know anything about Nick's Lake House or Murphy's Loft near Lake Harmony.
We will be staying up there this summer near Blakeslee and was wondering about some
restaurants in the area...We've been to the Jubliee several times near Pocono Pines
but don't too much about other restaurants in the area...thanks.

Great eateries! I also recommend Woody's on Rt 115 & I also enjoyed Robert Christian's on Rt 940.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:49 AM

26,426 posts, read 46,686,027 times
Bella Vino will be opening soon along Highway 315 in Pittston, and I will be treating my partner to a fine date there once it opens its doors over the next couple of weeks. The investors who are renovating the old Mayfair Supper Club building into this fantastic Mediterranean-style retreat are catching the attention and curiosity of everyone here in Pittston, and their wine cellar, which is rumored to include 2,000 bottles, has me licking my lips in anticipation. I commute by here quite often, and lately they have been just finishing up a side deck for outdoor dining, which I hope to utilize (although I don't know how romantic it would be since it sits just down the embankment from congested I-81). A lot of people from Scranton and Wilkes-Barre have undoubtedly been curious about this upcoming Italian steakhouse as well because of the billboard they own along I-81 in Pittston. I'll let you all know what I think of the cuisine once it opens! Highway 315 is certainly undergoing a growth spurt in Pittston as of late; one can only hope that they'll widen this road accordingly as growth continues in the coming years.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:14 AM

58 posts, read 124,013 times
Laurel Ridge

Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,933,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Bella Vino will be opening soon along Highway 315 in Pittston, and I will be treating my partner to a fine date there once it opens its doors over the next couple of weeks. The investors who are renovating the old Mayfair Supper Club building into this fantastic Mediterranean-style retreat are catching the attention and curiosity of everyone here in Pittston, and their wine cellar, which is rumored to include 2,000 bottles, has me licking my lips in anticipation. I commute by here quite often, and lately they have been just finishing up a side deck for outdoor dining, which I hope to utilize (although I don't know how romantic it would be since it sits just down the embankment from congested I-81). A lot of people from Scranton and Wilkes-Barre have undoubtedly been curious about this upcoming Italian steakhouse as well because of the billboard they own along I-81 in Pittston. I'll let you all know what I think of the cuisine once it opens! Highway 315 is certainly undergoing a growth spurt in Pittston as of late; one can only hope that they'll widen this road accordingly as growth continues in the coming years.
looking to try a new place in the pts.township area--what do you recommend?

Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 AM

26,426 posts, read 46,686,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
looking to try a new place in the pts.township area--what do you recommend?
What are you looking for here in Pittston Township? For upscale dining, I've heard some good reviews about Pazzo along Highway 315. Spurs Saloon along Oak Street always has a hip and happenin' nightlife crowd with its Western-themed decor. Bella Vino along Highway 315 will be opening next week I believe, and that will be an Italian steakhouse with a huge wine selection for more upscale dining. The Dunkin' Donuts has reopened if you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth. The Lincoln Inn is always a good bet, and Bobby O's has typical diner food with an AMAZING milk shake selection. It's amazing how rapidly this community is growing now; it's as if as Mayor Doherty repels people from Scranton they're all moving here! LOL!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:09 AM

2,938 posts, read 1,032,887 times
Just tried a place right in my neighborhood, Faccia Luna on Main Ave in West Scranton. I would say it was excellent. Its a pizza/Italian place with a very nice atmosphere. You could go there for a nice Italian dinner or to just stop for pizza or even just a drink at the bar. The pizza was a "New York" style pizza, but its cooked in a wood-fired oven so it has the taste from being cooked by wood, which I thought was really good. A really nice building as well, its in an old bank building. Also, I was surprised that the prices are low, and I was expecting it to be expensive because of the atmosphere, but I was wrong. I definitely recommend it, and I will be going back again.
Faccia Luna

Old 11-22-2008, 04:19 PM

935 posts, read 1,549,981 times
Default great restaurants!!!

I am bringing this thread back because I have just eaten in a great restaurant!!!

The name of the restaurant is The River Rock Inn and is on route 6 in Milford. I dont usually eat once in a restaurant and then make a comment on here but this place is a great.

Its a farmhouse that was converted into a restaurant. The chef is Ken Pisciotta and he is a wonderful cook and baker. They are also open for Thanksgiving if anyone is near there and want an exceptional place to eat. The chef/owner Ken told us that he is making for Thanksgiving a Turduchin, which is turkey, duck and chicken boned and made into a roast. I told my husband I wish we didnt have plans for thanksgiving, lol. But anyway check them out its worth the trip.
www.riverrockmilford.com/ you can check out their website.

roxy

Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,580,910 times
Stay away from Quaker Steak and Lube...overpriced and mediocre (at best). In an area full of great hot wings, there is no reason to pay extra for crappy wings at this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania