Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 AM

40 posts, read 124,628 times

Advertisements

Mod note- This thread was started in 2008. For current infomation, its suggested that you start a new thread.

Hi All!

Does anyone have any information on Lakeview Estates Community in Gouldsboro? I was able to view their website but it doesn't really give much information. It looks like a beautiful community, but the lack of information on real estate leads me to believe it may be a little pricey.

Anyone?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-27-2018 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 11:28 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,779,620 times
I don't know much about them, i lived in Gouldsboro and drove thru there alot, it's really nice, but i couldn't tell you much about how pricey they are, try calling Valley Associates Realty, maybe they can help you. 842-2777

Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 AM

937 posts, read 2,888,503 times
I wonder if that's the one not far from the industrial office site where Sears, Circuit City distribution centers are??

Old 05-09-2008, 02:36 PM

11 posts, read 44,056 times
My family used to own a house there. It is a very nice community, very quiet. Besides the lake there are trails for cross-country skiing, walking/hiking, etc. I believe there is also a basketball and tennis court. You do pay dues to the community that cover road maintenance and the community's own sewer system. I actually drove through there a few months ago and they have recently opened up a new phase with properties that that are wooded, some backing up to a creek. No house there is too far from the lake, but most of the lakefront and lakeview lots seem to already be built upon now. A few people rent their houses out there, but I understand that about 50% of the people who live there live there full time and the others use it as a second home. It probably is pricier than some other nearby communities, but you do have the lake access, public beach, boat slots/racks, and one acre lots. Try using the Scranton MLS search engine as I've seen houses in the community pop up on that search engine. If you e-mail the address given on the site, it will be sent to a real estate agent who sells the properties there. Many people go through her to sell their homes there as well. She will give you the price for all homes listed for sale on the website. My family loved the peace & quiet there - the wildlife, the fishing, the snowy winters. It is higher in elevation than many areas and tends to get more snow. I hope this info helps.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:35 PM

24 posts, read 77,649 times
I'm responding a bit late to this, but here ya go. I own in Lakeview Estates. You are correct in that it is more upscale compared to most Poconos developments. It has central sewer as well which is a huge benefit. Lots right across from the lake are $100k (i think there is only one for sale right now---through Weichert). Interior lots are around $60k. All lots are between .7 and 1 acre. Hope this helps!

Old 05-18-2014, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,611 times
Default Lake View Estates Rip off

I own a home in Lakeview Estates and they are killing us with dues and assesments
Our new dues for 2014 are now aprox $1400 per year plus $800 road assesment plus $700 sewer fees plus $700 sewer assesment = $3500 per year and going up fast Plus they charge you $2500 fee just to buy in
The only service you get is snow removal, roadside lawn mowing and community trash dumpster.
To top it off it seams the high dues and taxes make it very difficult to sell your home.
This is the last community I will ever buy into
Ripedoff

Old 05-18-2014, 10:59 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,383 times
Anyone interested in Lakeview Estates, or any development for that matter, should get the facts directly from management company or the community's association. I believe the above poster is confused about the breakdown of assessments and dues. It is not fair to owners if who have their homes for sale to give out misinformation.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:28 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talloolla View Post
Anyone interested in Lakeview Estates, or any development for that matter, should get the facts directly from management company or the community's association. I believe the above poster is confused about the breakdown of assessments and dues. It is not fair to owners if who have their homes for sale to give out misinformation.
They claim $1,150 - $1,200/year. But I don't live there.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 05-20-2014 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Mod cut - Real estate listings are against the TOS

Old 01-26-2018, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,680 times
Hi I would like to know more about the Community's HOA, what are the services or amenities that are included with the fee? And what kind of Garbage Disposal Management do they have? Trash Dumpster? Does that mean residents will have to bring their garbage at the Dumpster Area? Or is there a company who picks it up? Thanks!

Some website claims $1200 to $1500 HOA, while others says $2000 to $3000... How much really is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania