Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Thats it from the CD voice of reason?
Maybe it's better that's all he has to say.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
He gets mad when I call his ignorant posts ignorant, so I thought I'd refrain this time.

...ooops.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
Not personally, and it's not top-secret, but yes, it doesn't work (pdf). (report by the DoD's own National Defense Intelligence College). Fascinating (and very long read) about interrogation methods.

This actually isn't correct, 'Rangers.

(In fact that sounds like a parody of what he would say). Obama wants to close (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_rdp - broken link) Gitmo to "confront global violence without sacrificing our values and our ideals." We sacrificed our values there because we (1) tortured people; and (2) detained people indefinitely.
But they're not covered under the Geneva convention. They're not part of an army from another country, because if they were they wouldn't be in a place like that. We suspected they were terrorists and if they are, it's all right to torture them and hold them for however long we feel it is necessary for the safety of our nation. Liberals want to perceive everyone as victims and everyone should be treated fairly, even terrorists.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
He gets mad when I call his ignorant posts ignorant, so I thought I'd refrain this time.

...ooops.
I don't get mad, I laugh and then think it's sad that you're the only one who focuses so much on calling my posts ignorant when you're no better.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,989,082 times
I thinbk ED might be Sara Palin.....

Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
More of the horrors Obama's got in store for us....(waits for wailing, gnashing of teeth & throwing of ashes upon heads....)

Civil Rights
I don't know if I can take much more of this, who does he think he is Martin Luther King Jr.?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I thinbk ED might be Sara Palin.....
We needed some comic relief, this debate was getting a little heated.

Why would you call me Sara Palin? I mean, I like the woman and not offended, but last time I checked she was female and I'm a male. Is it because I don't buy into beliefs of the liberal left?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post
We sacrificed our values there because we (1) tortured people; and (2) detained people indefinitely.

We sacrificed our ideals because we detained people that are considered a threat to our national security during war? Again we sacrificed our ideals because we used alterantive methods of obtaining information from enemy combatants during war?

I see it as we did what was needed in order to protect the secuirty and safety of nation and its people. We are war and I don't understand why we need to hold ourselves to some higher standard of war while our enemies use whatever and whomever they can to hurt us. They have no problem killing innocent people, they have no problems strapping bombs on women and children and sending them to their dirty work do they? Why should we care?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Obama is just another politician......Thats it folks and he came from the most corrupt political system in the nation.........The problem is that our country is so screwed up and down on its knees that we are looking to a man to fix it all. He is not superman, he is not a messiah, he is a politician that rode the wave of discontent in this nation right into the white house. One trick pony done in 4 years. Our nation is at war and the last thing we need is some liberal trying to clean up our act with regards to how we are viewed by the outside world. National security is paramount not looking good to our enemies.

I don't and will never care about the rights of anyone that has attacked, planned to attack or helped attack this nation. Gitmo is what it is. A detention center for enemy combatants and that is what it should be. Times are different and right now the last thing we need is a new leader that is all full of himself trying to prove some 200 yr old point about race. By the way I understand that he is a christian, but I just cannot over his overly catholic name Barrack Hussein Obama, rings of christianity doesn't it.
Dan, your post sums up everything we have been talking about. I wish more people in this country would get this and stop seeing Obama as some sort of "American Idol" and wake up and realize he's not the answer.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM

858 posts, read 3,043,681 times
Default This is what i mean!!

A former Saudi detainee at the US "war on terror" prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba has been been elevated to the senior ranks of Al-Qaeda in Yemen, a US counter-terrorism official said Friday.

Said Ali al-Shihri was identified as the organization's deputy in an Internet announcement by group, according to The New York Times, which first reported the development.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090123/pl_afp/usattacksguantanamoqaedayemen_20090123181618 (broken link)

Read this story and tell me why none of us should care about obama, shutting down Gitmo..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania